Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Doggies and Moggies/Vip Pet Kennels -Alaurine Torre

Doggies and Moggies/Vip Pet Kennels -Alaurine Torre

Old Aug 7th 2009, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Doggies and Moggies/Vip Pet Kennels -Alaurine Torre

I've been going to this kennels for years and the staff have been great and both dog and myself have been happy. Now some English pillock has taken it over, with his show dog wife and it is not the same. Pillock came in and has got rid of all the staff, and I mean all, which would have known the customers dogs and their likes and dislikes. It has now gone up to 20 euros per day!!!!!!Even the dog doesn't like going there, which is a first. What idiot comes and buys a well established business with great staff and not only gets rid of everyone who was good, he then puts his prices up to stupid rates. Apart from having a personality of a know it all twat, he obviously doesn't realise that Spain is the worst country in this recession.

It is a bit like the nanny state when you go in there also.....they now weigh the dogs as they enter and no doubt will tell you what you are doing wrong with their feed.

You have been warned.....a shame, as it was a great place to go, friendly, reasonable and great staff. Now it isn't, and I've got to find somewhere else to go now.

Their competititors must be rubbing their hands in glee for the anticipation of a herd of clients heading their way..... Give it a few months and it will go bust - there again that may be a positive as it will be taken over by new owners and will be going cheap. lol.

Last edited by Mercedes; Aug 7th 2009 at 11:55 am.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of
Default Re: Doggies and Moggies/Vip Pet Kennels -Alaurine Torre

Originally Posted by Mercedes
I've been going to this kennels for years and the staff have been great and both dog and myself have been happy. Now some English pillock has taken it over, with his show dog wife and it is not the same. Pillock came in and has got rid of all the staff, and I mean all, which would have known the customers dogs and their likes and dislikes. Whereas I was paying 8 euros a night, it has now gone up to 20!!!!!!!! Even the dog doesn't like going there, which is a first. What idiot comes and buys a well established business with great staff and not only gets rid of everyone who was good, he then puts his prices up to stupid rates. Apart from having a personality of a know it all twat, he obviously doesn't realise that Spain is the worst country in this recession.

It is a bit like the nanny state when you go in there also.....they now weigh the dogs as they enter and no doubt will tell you what you are doing wrong with their feed.

You have been warned.....a shame, as it was a great place to go, friendly, reasonable and great staff. Now it isn't, and I've got to find somewhere else to go now.

Their competititors must be rubbing their hands in glee for the anticipation of a herd of clients heading their way..... Give it a few months and it will go bust - there again that may be a positive as it will be taken over by new owners and will be going cheap. lol.

Hey ho.....rant over.
Awww bless, let us know if you find another kennel. Bet the dogs dont like him either, do you know if he has any experience with animals?x
Old Aug 7th 2009, 11:54 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I've been going to this kennels for years and the staff have been great and both dog and myself have been happy. Now some English pillock has taken it over, with his show dog wife and it is not the same. Pillock came in and has got rid of all the staff, and I mean all, which would have known the customers dogs and their likes and dislikes. Whereas I was paying 8 euros a night, it has now gone up to 20!!!!!!!! Even the dog doesn't like going there, which is a first. What idiot comes and buys a well established business with great staff and not only gets rid of everyone who was good, he then puts his prices up to stupid rates. Apart from having a personality of a know it all twat, he obviously doesn't realise that Spain is the worst country in this recession.

where have you been??

welcome back
Old Aug 7th 2009, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
where have you been??

welcome back
Cheers.

I'm really annoyed as it took me ages to find this place in the first place, I trecked around loads of places and really liked this one. I should sue the previous owners for selling it.

Yes he knows animals will tell you everything about your dog and their personality 5 minutes after meeting you.

Last edited by Mercedes; Aug 7th 2009 at 12:03 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 12:03 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.

I'm really annoyed as it took me ages to find this place in the first place, I trecked around loads of places and really liked this one. I should sue the previous owners for selling it.

shame for you & your dog

new brooms might sweep clean but they don't always do a better job!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

shame for you & your dog

new brooms might sweep clean but they don't always do a better job!
If it ain't broke don't fix it also comes to mind. I can understand coming in and improving things a bit. But you have to understand your customers before doing anything major. Had he come in and gave us all an questionaire and then based on his customers comments made those changes, I could understand it. But he came in like a bulldozer, before we had got used to the fact it had changed hands....and then suddenly you go in and you don't know anyone,
Old Aug 7th 2009, 12:17 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

If it ain't broke don't fix it also comes to mind. I can understand coming in and improving things a bit. But you have to understand your customers before doing anything major. Had he come in and gave us all an questionaire and then based on his customers comments made those changes, I could understand it. But he came in like a bulldozer, before we had got used to the fact it had changed hands....and then suddenly you go in and you don't know anyone,
I'm sure everyone will vote with their feet - - all 6 of them

2 for the owner & 4 for the doggie/moggie
Old Aug 7th 2009, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm sure everyone will vote with their feet - - all 6 of them

2 for the owner & 4 for the doggie/moggie
From what the receptionist said, when I commented, she said she only worked there, and she was getting loads of complaints. He's only been there a month or so. Can you imagine a spanish person paying 20 euros a night for their dog? I think I may book her in at the local hotel for that price at least she'll get room service.....tv, swimming pool etc....
Old Aug 7th 2009, 12:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Helloooooo, hope you have brought a sick note with you.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
Helloooooo, hope you have brought a sick note with you.
I've got a medical certificate that says I'm sane now, does that count......
Old Aug 7th 2009, 4:45 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

you're in the wrong place then.........................
Old Aug 7th 2009, 5:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

As Lynne says. you are in the wrong place then. lol
Old Aug 7th 2009, 6:17 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Woof.............................................W oof Woof Woooooof

Fart....

`woof

Meeeee aw (claws down tiles)

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Aug 7th 2009 at 6:21 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely to see you back again
Old Aug 7th 2009, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Woof.............................................W oof Woof Woooooof

Fart....

`woof

Meeeee aw (claws down tiles)
Have you an Identity problem?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.