Reload this Page >

Does Santender uk count as a spanish bank

Does Santender uk count as a spanish bank

Old Nov 13th 2014, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Barwick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does Santender uk count as a spanish bank

Hi all .
We are looking at buying a Spanish holiday home in the next twelve months or so .
We need to open a Spanish bank and the obvious one is Santander .
I would hope to do all banking requirements online so I'm wondering if we opened an account in the uk with Santander will this count in Spain ?
Or will we be better opening an account from the Spanish mainland in which case any recommendations ?
thanks for reading .
regards john
Old Nov 13th 2014, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice
Default Re: Does Santender uk count as a spanish bank

Santander U.K. is not a Spanish bank. I think you will need to open an account with a bank in Spain.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

We have two bank accounts one being Sabadell the other Deutsche bank. We use the latter more than the former.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

O.k , That'll do. , thanks .
So next one is can I set up a Spanish bank from the uk and then do internet banking ?
or do I have to wait till the next time I go to Spain and do it over there ?
ta john
Old Nov 13th 2014, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

We did the setting up from France and where we lived. However the intricacies of internet banking we believe was better left until our arrival and we understood the system. However we propagated the account with euros ahead of our arrival. It all worked well from there.

The reason we are against Sabadell is simply in Javea they took over another bank and the queues to get service sometimes go out through the door. DB is much more civilised.

In Javea lots of ex pats use or used to use Barclays but we believe the Spanish operation has now been sold to a bank in Spain?
Old Nov 13th 2014, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barwick
O.k , That'll do. , thanks .
So next one is can I set up a Spanish bank from the uk and then do internet banking ?
or do I have to wait till the next time I go to Spain and do it over there ?
ta john
I use Sabadell and the Online is pretty good

I am sure you will have to have an NIE number to open an account and be in Spain unless you do a Power of Attorney and get a Lawyer to do it for you.

Dont go down that route
Old Nov 13th 2014, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by guesswork
I use Sabadell and the Online is pretty good

I am sure you will have to have an NIE number to open an account and be in Spain unless you do a Power of Attorney and get a Lawyer to do it for you.

Dont go down that route
Sorry not our experience. We opened an account from France with DB providing our passports plus some other identities and we set up the account. Upon arrival went to the branch and obtained our cards. Then and after only after our NIE did we let the bank have copies.

At least that is and was our experience.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

O.k Thanks , I will sort it when were in spain , defo wont let some 3rd party open an account on our behalf .
thanks again
Old Nov 13th 2014, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

We haven't had any problems with Sabadell. As mentioned above. their online banking works well.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

shazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond repute

or solictor has Power of Attorney , is has been a god send when we had problems paying a bills for us if we had problems with bank as we dont live there , we trust them and we have been with our solictor for over 12 years you just need to find the right one
Old Nov 14th 2014, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Before you plump for Santander just read my latest post on them. Santander spain is nothing like the UK version to deal with!
Old Nov 14th 2014, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

I thought French banks were bad - apparently not
Old Nov 15th 2014, 9:23 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

We had accounts with Banco Valencia and BBVA before finally settling with Sabadell. Had problems with both the former ones, but with Sabadell all went well and I was happy banking with them. Their online is indeed very good, and if you get the right account you dont pay charges either.

In fact the ONLY hiccup we had was when we eventually closed the account when we moved back to the UK. Every time I emailed them they insisted I came into the branch, even though I told them I couldnt.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Before you plump for Santander just read my latest post on them. Santander spain is nothing like the UK version to deal with!
Do you mean it's actually worse ?!
Old Nov 18th 2014, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Is it straightforward to move your bank account in Spain? I am with Barclays but they moved out of Oliva a couple of years ago and I now have to go to Gandia.
Not a hardship in itself as Gandia is a nice town but I would prefer to bank in Oliva.
Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.