Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

does it feel Christmassy yet?

does it feel Christmassy yet?

Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:34 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default does it feel Christmassy yet?

Although it is cold, does it feel like Christmas?

I dont feel the usual "spirit" in the air, yet.

I am running out of ideas, each year it gets harder and harder to buy gifts for the nearest and dearest.

I think just staying pissed is the answer...............
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:36 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: does it feel Christmassy yet?

Ho ho hips!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:03 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve had to switch the second (emergency) fridge/freezer on today for when she returned home with the first of the Christmas supplies. That’s when it dawned on me that it’s just around the corner. At the moment she’s wrapping Christmas presents for the dogs, while I’m on the freezing, rain-soaked terrace playing with them.

She’s shopping again tomorrow, and I’ve got orders to get ready for the final shop next Wednesday. We’ve sent off a trillion cards and our post box is full every day, with cards from people I’ve never heard off.

The big problem for me is that I haven’t yet bought her a present. It’s the same every year. I don’t know what to get. I wander round the shops in a daze, never finding anything suitable. I bought her a pearl necklace once, and she threw it at me. The same thing happened with the Chanel No 5, it’s not her perfume.

I’m thinking about buying her a muzzle this year, if she doesn’t like it, I can pretend I bought it for the Doberman.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:05 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don´t you keep it simple, wrap up a candle,a nice rioja, two glasses (proper cristal) and a card. Merry Christmas.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:11 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Although it is cold, does it feel like Christmas?

I dont feel the usual "spirit" in the air, yet.

I am running out of ideas, each year it gets harder and harder to buy gifts for the nearest and dearest.

I think just staying pissed is the answer...............
Why not get her the usual suspender belt,stockings and kinky gear?

Oh, and best get her the whip as well, and take your punishment like a man!...
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

I dread Christmas these days. Not the partying...that's fun. But everything else is a right royal PITA.

First the UK family want to drag me back there to celebrate the 25th. Then the Spanish family want to do it on the 6th. Celebrating Christmas twice in a short period of time kinda takes the shine off it, plus I never know when to open all my pressies. It's just such a confusing mess. Do you guys still celebrate the 25th or have you switched to the 6th?

As for presents, how about a Pandora bracelet for HER. If you don't know what that is, it is a sort of snake chain bracelet that you can thread funky little 'charms' over. All the rage at the moment and it means you have the next 2-3 birthdays and Xmases sorted cos you just buy more of those little charm thingies until it's full. Available in gold and silver.

Last edited by Veleta; Dec 18th 2009 at 11:10 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 3:36 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veleta
I dread Christmas these days. Not the partying...that's fun. But everything else is a right royal PITA.

First the UK family want to drag me back there to celebrate the 25th. Then the Spanish family want to do it on the 6th. Celebrating Christmas twice in a short period of time kinda takes the shine off it, plus I never know when to open all my pressies. It's just such a confusing mess. Do you guys still celebrate the 25th or have you switched to the 6th?

As for presents, how about a Pandora bracelet for HER. If you don't know what that is, it is a sort of snake chain bracelet that you can thread funky little 'charms' over. All the rage at the moment and it means you have the next 2-3 birthdays and Xmases sorted cos you just buy more of those little charm thingies until it's full. Available in gold and silver.
we do the 25th & the 6th

the first christmas we had here we'd only just arrived & didn't realise the 6th was such a big deal untl we saw that the roads outside our apartment were going to be blocked off for the 3 Kings. The dds were just 4 & 7 then so there was a mad rush to get them another pressie

now we just give them half their gifts on the 25th & half on the 6th

another 'best of both worlds' way of living

I have to admit that I was relieved when the younger one decided last year that she's now too old to queue for her gift from the Kings - they set up in the square after the preocession & every child gets a gift - as you can imagine you can be queueing for a couple of hours in a town this size

a Pandora bracelet ......hmmmmm

now I might like one of those.......
Old Dec 19th 2009, 6:53 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I had to google the Pandora bracelet, I’d never heard of it. Thanks for the suggestion. However, she’s got no room on her wrists for another bracelet, she rattles along as it is.

We do the 25th and Three Kings as well, although none of our children or grandchildren will be here this year. One of the family is stuck in Australia with that Scottish airline going bust.

We’ve both got flu as well, and I tried a Vodka with Lemsip last night to alleviate the symptoms. It didn’t work.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 7:01 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I had to google the Pandora bracelet, I’d never heard of it. Thanks for the suggestion. However, she’s got no room on her wrists for another bracelet, she rattles along as it is.

We do the 25th and Three Kings as well, although none of our children or grandchildren will be here this year. One of the family is stuck in Australia with that Scottish airline going bust.

We’ve both got flu as well, and I tried a Vodka with Lemsip last night to alleviate the symptoms. It didn’t work.

try a hot chocolate with brandy - works for me
Old Dec 19th 2009, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

If you don't know what to get her for Christmas, here is something I once had from an ex of mine that I thought was quite cool.

Like most men he didn't have clue about my tastes and didn't know what to get. So he got a few magazines and cut out a picture of a pair of shoes, a skirt, a top, and a few accessories. He then stuck them onto a piece of paper where he had drawn a rather rough picture of "me" so that I was now wearing those items. He then wrote little "coupons" next to each item saying that for Xmas I could exchange these coupons for "one skirt", "one pair of shoes", "one necklace", and all the other items also shown in the picture.

I thought it was a rather original way to appear to give me something on Xmas day without actually having to go out and buy anything. And of course when I exchanged my "coupons" I managed to benefit from the Jan sales.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 8:37 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

As some know, we are living above a hotel at the moment and to say its feeling Christmassy is an understatement... if Bollywood did Christmas that would come close to describing what the Hotel looks like at the moment!
Old Dec 19th 2009, 8:52 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
As some know, we are living above a hotel at the moment and to say its feeling Christmassy is an understatement... if Bollywood did Christmas that would come close to describing what the Hotel looks like at the moment!
Is that a 'yes' then i'm loving it.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 8:55 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Is that a 'yes' then i'm loving it.
Its unreal, I will take some photos today, almost every square inch of the ceilings are strewn with those horrid '70's paper chain style decs and last night they said they had ANOTHER box of decs to put up!
Old Dec 19th 2009, 8:58 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Its unreal, I will take some photos today, almost every square inch of the ceilings are strewn with those horrid '70's paper chain style decs and last night they said they had ANOTHER box of decs to put up!
Nooooo, i used to make them at school. I'm not so keen on decs hanging all over the roof. Not seen snow for 3 years so i am embracing it
Old Dec 19th 2009, 9:01 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Nooooo, i used to make them at school. I'm not so keen on decs hanging all over the roof. Not seen snow for 3 years so i am embracing it
Yeah whatever! We haven't had a bloody flake of it! A thousand feet up and bugger all snow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.