Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Feb 24th 2015, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Originally Posted by Mark604
Which one is it? Can't find it on a search at the moment.
I'm not sure il email the spaniard who told me about it last week
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Saigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to all

Martos dwellers...Last I read there were 3 English Language centres in Martos, would anyone have the contact details with a name and email address for any of the schools or a webpage ..tks..
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Saigonjack
Martos dwellers...Last I read there were 3 English Language centres in Martos, would anyone have the contact details with a name and email address for any of the schools or a webpage ..tks..
Hi mate do you want a Spanish school these 3 language centres teach English one of which is the Kent school of English
If these are what your after il post the others as soon as I get a reply from mate over there
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Saigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to all

Hi Timmy...well I know of the 3 language centres....so those contact details would be a great place to start. I have also heard that the local schools do take English teachers - however I have no information on how to get one of those jobs - I was hoping that 1 of the centre owners might be able to help me on that front. There is also a large English Dept at the University of Jaen. but my letter of inquiry to the University from last November as yet remains unanswered - maybe because it was in English and not in Spanish , as I sent it to [email protected].
Again I'm hoping that someone from the language centres will maybe have a contact person at the University ..

All of this is speculative at the moment, but I'm seriously under-challenged by my job and the students here in Vietnam, so I'm looking at this being my last year IF i can get something in and around Martos....
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Hi Timmy...well I know of the 3 language centres....so those contact details would be a great place to start. I have also heard that the local schools do take English teachers - however I have no information on how to get one of those jobs - I was hoping that 1 of the centre owners might be able to help me on that front. There is also a large English Dept at the University of Jaen. but my letter of inquiry to the University from last November as yet remains unanswered - maybe because it was in English and not in Spanish , as I sent it to [email protected].
Again I'm hoping that someone from the language centres will maybe have a contact person at the University ..

All of this is speculative at the moment, but I'm seriously under-challenged by my job and the students here in Vietnam, so I'm looking at this being my last year IF i can get something in and around Martos....
Ok mate I know somebody who is friend of the owner of the Kent school I will make some enquiries for you
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks mate,..... maybe 2016 will be THE year )
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

You wont be able to teach at the University unless you have a degree in philology, pass the oposiciones exams in Spanish and are lucky enough to be posted to the university of your choice

That's if there is a space for you of course. Unusually only a few percent of the people who pass the exams actually get offered the job

If you want to teach English then just do a tefl and ask all the language schools if they need an English teacher
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Cricketman..qualified and been teaching for nearly 17 years..Most Universities run an ESL/EFL programme and I've taught on these programmes in Ecuador and in Vietnam where I live and work without any issues, however, its not a big deal if I dont qualify for a job. I'm really just interested in using my knowledge and experience to help students for exam preperation, business communication etc, so with 3 language centres and also websites like Clases particulares y Profesores particulares to provide myself with online students I should be able to make some beer tokens but more importantly give me a few productive hours everyday ...
Old Mar 15th 2015, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

delbut is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by timmyf
As for hotels the cuidad is about the best value , there is also the fernando and the hildalgo which is the most expensive , look forward to meeting you I go out once every 2 months and have 2 houses out there ,you won't go far wrong with Derryl and diego , we live in lincs and are gonna move out in 4 yrs , Martos is a very nice place with loads of bars and restaurants , but you will need to learn some lingo ,
Hi Timmyf, i've seen the name Derryl and Diego on this thread a few times. If they are agents, can you let me know how I contact them, please? I've used Inland Adalucia property agents to look in Alcala but it wouldbe good to know of more.
Thanks
Old Mar 16th 2015, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

delbut..if you google - property for sale in Alcala la real then all the main estate agents in the area will pop up including D and D ...as you say you should always look around and the first 2 hits on Google for that question return the 2 main search websites that take from all the main agents, so a lot more choice
Old Apr 15th 2015, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by delbut
Hi Timmyf, i've seen the name Derryl and Diego on this thread a few times. If they are agents, can you let me know how I contact them, please? I've used Inland Adalucia property agents to look in Alcala but it wouldbe good to know of more.
Thanks
sorry mate didn't see your thread pm you
Old May 7th 2015, 6:20 am
Just Joined

WuhanMadrid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all, I am new to this forum so forgive me if my question has already been asked/answered.

I am considering moving to Martos in August with my Spanish girlfriend (I am English). I am looking at ESL teaching jobs and have been offered an interview in Martos. We are both 30 and I was wondering if there is much to do in the town. Shops, bars, restaurants, gym etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old May 7th 2015, 6:52 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WuhanMadrid
Hello all, I am new to this forum so forgive me if my question has already been asked/answered.

I am considering moving to Martos in August with my Spanish girlfriend (I am English). I am looking at ESL teaching jobs and have been offered an interview in Martos. We are both 30 and I was wondering if there is much to do in the town. Shops, bars, restaurants, gym etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 7th 2015, 6:58 am
Just Joined

AndyMatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We've been here since August last year, we love Martos, there's always lots to do, we have 3 supermarkets, lots of bars and restaurants. I am member of the gym in town there's another one on the industrial estate and a female only one too. Jean is only 15 mins away, where you have the university and great shopping. I believe theres 7 restaurants in the Michelin guide in Jaen and loads of cafe bars.

Have met some great spanish friends here it is so freindly! If there's anything else you want to know please just message mate.

Best of Luck

Matt
Old May 7th 2015, 7:37 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyMatt
Hi,

We've been here since August last year, we love Martos, there's always lots to do, we have 3 supermarkets, lots of bars and restaurants. I am member of the gym in town there's another one on the industrial estate and a female only one too. Jean is only 15 mins away, where you have the university and great shopping. I believe theres 7 restaurants in the Michelin guide in Jaen and loads of cafe bars.

Have met some great spanish friends here it is so freindly! If there's anything else you want to know please just message mate.

Best of Luck

Matt
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.