Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Nov 15th 2014, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

MICHAEL1951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Hi. New to the site. Where is the best shop to buy paint in Martos?
Old Nov 15th 2014, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MICHAEL1951
Av de los aceituneros there's a good ferreteria there they sell everything ,but if your in the old town there is los dos llaves ferretería near to the post office not as big as the other but they do sell a lot . I wouldn't buy paint from the number of Chinese shops in the town it's not very good , I use plastic pintura
Old Nov 15th 2014, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

MICHAEL1951 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for advice on paint.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 7:54 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MICHAEL1951
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Nov 19th 2014, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola brown is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi timmyf I think I have to post a few more messages before I can send private ones, is that right? Anyway my house is just down from the castle, top of a very steep hill; one of many!!!! I have left Mohammad (recommended by Derryl) restoring parts of the garden! I was hoping to get back this month, but unfortunately, I've had to have a new roof on my home here, so funds very low!!!! Sounds like you've been very busy buying a second property, and restoring it. Good luck I hope it goes well. My son and I worked very hard the first week we had the house, just need to get back there ASAP!! Good luck with the Spanish lessons. Will keep in touch, Cheers Nicola
Old Nov 19th 2014, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone, I've been told by a couple of English people, during my last visit, that Martos is exceptionally quiet over Xmas. Does everywhere close over the Christmas period? I guess Malaga has a lot more going on? Is it still warm in December?
Old Nov 20th 2014, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nicola brown
Hi timmyf I think I have to post a few more messages before I can send private ones, is that right? Anyway my house is just down from the castle, top of a very steep hill; one of many!!!! I have left Mohammad (recommended by Derryl) restoring parts of the garden! I was hoping to get back this month, but unfortunately, I've had to have a new roof on my home here, so funds very low!!!! Sounds like you've been very busy buying a second property, and restoring it. Good luck I hope it goes well. My son and I worked very hard the first week we had the house, just need to get back there ASAP!! Good luck with the Spanish lessons. Will keep in touch, Cheers Nicola
Hi Nicola , yes I think you have to post a few more times before you can pm, I left my number on the pm so if you have any problems with anything you can give me or mrs f a call and we can try and sort it for you ,it's very daunting at first and not speaking the lingo , paying your ibi etc , me and a pal are over on 6 th dec for a couple of days ,dec is not bad weather wise but I know jan and February can be cold it snowed when we wee over in February a couple of years ago , I think they celebrate Christmas more in early jan the 5 th I think ,I'm not very religious so I'm not sure although mrs f is a catholic and she is shouting epiphany at me so they you have it I've learned something new , il wait until you get your pm s up and running before i tell you some gossip
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone out there has ever swam in the lake at Castillas De Martos. Is it possible to get there from the cycle path in Martos, and how far is it ? I have been to the lake, but only by car! I was hoping it was walkable. Cheers Nicola
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nicola brown
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone out there has ever swam in the lake at Castillas De Martos. Is it possible to get there from the cycle path in Martos, and how far is it ? I have been to the lake, but only by car! I was hoping it was walkable. Cheers Nicola
Don't think you can swim it Nicola always looks a bit green to me I asked one of the spaniards in a local bar and he just pointed at the chemist , you can always go to naciemento in Castillo but both of them are a car drive , think you could probably cycle to the lake
Old Dec 14th 2014, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Jon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Jon from Derby here new to the forum, I am in Martos in January looking at property with Derryl with a view to moving over permanently in summer, can anybody recommend a b&b in Martos? Hotel in Martos full for my visit, also is there a bar popular with english speakers. Thank you
Old Dec 14th 2014, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jon b
Hi,
Jon from Derby here new to the forum, I am in Martos in January looking at property with Derryl with a view to moving over permanently in summer, can anybody recommend a b&b in Martos? Hotel in Martos full for my visit, also is there a bar popular with english speakers. Thank you
Not many people speak English there mate but if you visit los Reales Vanessa behind the bar does speak a little are you looking at my house I have one for sale with Derryl the captain ?
Old Dec 14th 2014, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,
As for hotels the cuidad is about the best value , there is also the fernando and the hildalgo which is the most expensive , look forward to meeting you I go out once every 2 months and have 2 houses out there ,you won't go far wrong with Derryl and diego , we live in lincs and are gonna move out in 4 yrs , Martos is a very nice place with loads of bars and restaurants , but you will need to learn some lingo ,
Old Dec 14th 2014, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Saigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to all

Hi Jon B....as Timmy has pointed out only 3 places to stay in Martos...no B&B..and all pretty expensive. When I visited a few months back I stayed in Jaen...a 40 minute bus ride away....more choice, and a lot cheaper and they had an excellent hostel, where I stayed ...
Old Dec 14th 2014, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Jon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond repute

Hi timmyf
Thanks for the quick reply, the places I am viewing want a lot of work? am hoping to get a local with some English to work with me as I am a builder by trade, I am having Spanish lessons at the moment so hoping to have a little lingo by time I move. Thanks for the hotel info am going to enquire at them , i look forward to meeting you .
Old Dec 14th 2014, 12:35 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.