Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Oct 18th 2014, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Saigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to all
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

timmyf..sounds like a good idea..might not be for a year or so...this is the time to buy, but sadly not the time to call work quits...unless there is a need for English teachers in the area..??....enjoy the break..

Last edited by Saigonjack; Oct 18th 2014 at 6:43 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2014, 7:56 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saigonjack
Hi...Im looking at property in Martos...I am wondering what the options are for buying furniture in Martos or Jaen. I'm looking for light wooden furniture - bamboo or rattan, and also futons...Also if possible an IKEA in the area? or similar ..
thanks in advance..
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 20th 2014, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Saigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to all

Okay next newbie question. After agreeing a purchase price what other fees are there? Obviously the conveyancing fee, and local authority fees...Can anyone give a rough estimate on all extras...I can spend hours trying to do it online, but you guys are there and have gone through the process...One day I'll be in the position to pass on what I learn..THANKS..

Is there a "STICKY" for this kind of information?
Lawyers will be the next 'find'...

Last edited by Saigonjack; Oct 20th 2014 at 8:56 am.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay next newbie question. After agreeing a purchase price what other fees are there? Obviously the conveyancing fee, and local authority fees...Can anyone give a rough estimate on all extras...I can spend hours trying to do it online, but you guys are there and have gone through the process...One day I'll be in the position to pass on what I learn..THANKS..
Lawyers will be the next 'find'...
Hi mate purchase costs include 8% tax around on purchase price 400 euro notary fee , abagado fees around 15oo euro ish it's quite expensive one good thing your ibi that's council tax is around 100 euro a year paid in 2 instalments , you need to set up a bank account banco Sabadell have a English speaking advisor and a branch in martos , and don't forget your nie number you can't but without one
Old Oct 20th 2014, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

When you agree a purchase price find a solicitor and you then need to put a holding deposit on it , but don't pay any money until you have found a solicitor
Old Oct 20th 2014, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Thanks...excellent answers...learning all the time. I've never bought a property anywhere before so have no frame of reference TKS
Old Nov 9th 2014, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola brown is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, Nicola from Devon. I recently purchased a town house in Martos and have been back 4/5 times. I have travelled from Malaga Airport to Martos by car hire and taxi, but both prove quite expensive. I have been assured there is one bus daily, not weekends, that leaves Malaga airport at 3pm, and returns from Martos at 10 am. I wonder if anyone has travelled this way, and how reliable the service is. Any information would be very much appreciated. I am new to this forum, but have found some of the answers/questions very helpful.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Nicola..I took that bus last week..left Malaga bus station at 3pm arrived Martos sometime after 7..
Below is the bus company website in English

ALSA - Making travel simpler

Another thing I used to travel around was a website/smartphone app called BlaBla Car

www.blablacar.com

Easy to register and easy to pick up rides..just call or message the person giving the ride. I used it from Jaen to Granada and from Malaga to Sabinillas...but people go EVERYWHERE and at different times of the day...check Malaga to Martos or Jaen OR Malaga Airport to Martos or Jaen and see what comes up..

But the bus was good and it has wifi password WALSA...
Old Nov 10th 2014, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Hi Nicola..I took that bus last week..left Malaga bus station at 3pm arrived Martos sometime after 7..

Another thing I used to travel around was a website/smartphone app called BlaBla Car

www.blablacar.com

Easy to register and easy to pick up rides..just call or message the person giving the ride. I used it from Jaen to Granada and from Malaga to Sabinillas...but people go EVERYWHERE and at different times of the day...check Malaga to Martos or Jaen OR Malaga Airport to Martos or Jaen and see what comes up..

Hi mate how did you get on in Martos I was there from the 1 st to the 5 th
Old Nov 10th 2014, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nicola brown
Hi there, Nicola from Devon. I recently purchased a town house in Martos and have been back 4/5 times. I have travelled from Malaga Airport to Martos by car hire and taxi, but both prove quite expensive. I have been assured there is one bus daily, not weekends, that leaves Malaga airport at 3pm, and returns from Martos at 10 am. I wonder if anyone has travelled this way, and how reliable the service is. Any information would be very much appreciated. I am new to this forum, but have found some of the answers/questions very helpful.
Hi Nicola by any chance you are not the same person I met in Los arcos bar in martos are you ? I tried to translate the menu ?
Old Nov 10th 2014, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

For car hire I use economy car hire uk based firm register with them then you can see what hire co you want most have the fair fuel policy meaning you fill up on return and nearly all are off the airport meaning cheaper rates 5 days hire in November £ 35 for a brand new car or cargest is another register and get10 %off I always take the cheaper option of the 2
Old Nov 10th 2014, 6:56 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Nov 10th 2014, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola brown is an unknown quantity at this point

www.blablacar.com

Hi Saigonjack
Thanks for all the information, the app sounds very interesting, I will give it some thought, and maybe register. Nice to know the bus is reliable though, already do enough driving in this country. Cheers Nicola

Originally Posted by timmyf
Hi Nicola by any chance you are not the same person I met in Los arcos bar in martos are you ? I tried to translate the menu ?
Hi there timmyf, yes, unbelievably I am!!!! What a small world. We were able to eat thanks to you!! I purchased a town house the very next day in the old part of Martos, through Derryl and Diego. They were great! I am still trying to master a little of the language, vino blanco being the most successful!!! I hope all is well for you. I think I will try the bus next time I visit. Nice talking to you, cheers Nicola

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 11th 2014 at 1:33 am. Reason: approve and merge
Old Nov 11th 2014, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Hi Saigonjack
Thanks for all the information, the app sounds very interesting, I will give it some thought, and maybe register. Nice to know the bus is reliable though, already do enough driving in this country. Cheers Nicola

Hi there timmyf, yes, unbelievably I am!!!! What a small world. We were able to eat thanks to you!! I purchased a town house the very next day in the old part of Martos, through Derryl and Diego. They were great! I am still trying to master a little of the language, vino blanco being the most successful!!! I hope all is well for you. I think I will try the bus next time I visit. Nice talking to you, cheers Nicola
it is a small world Derryl and diego are great arnt they , I have brought another one on calle cobatillas. We've had a few days there last week , I've still got my old one Derryl is trying to sell it for me , we've been learning Spanish now for 3 yrs it's difficult we have a teacher come to our house in uk , if you ever need any help just give us a shout , I'm not back until feb now to do a bit of work , what street you on ? I've found for us it's cheaper hiring a car through economy but there's me and the mrs and my little one anyway il see you in Los Reales some time
Old Nov 11th 2014, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Hi Saigonjack

Hi Nicola I've sent you a private message

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.