Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Nov 20th 2021, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Gosh. how awful for you. What did the Guardia Civil say?
Old Nov 20th 2021, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

paulhe is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say , given my absolute incompetence with this country’s language , very well . I went straight away to them but the two officers I spoke with were in process of changing shift so I was asked to return in the afternoon (Thursday) . I did however there was then only one officer on duty and the gate was closed. He was very helpful (I prepared a summary in Spanish and showed this to him ) and explained he would visit the house when his colleagues arrived .
I visited Friday morning and unfortunately a report had not been prepared . The officer was very helpful but I needed a translator to progress . With the help of a star lady I was able to formally complain . Whether anything will happen I don’t know
Paul
Old Jan 15th 2022, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Ire1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

I didnt realise there was another Irish man so north into andalucia within distance of here.
Old Jan 26th 2022, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

wicklowjack is an unknown quantity at this point

yer quite a few welcome to q better land
Old Apr 3rd 2022, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

sancopanco is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

Newbie here 😁 I love this thread! There is so much info here and everyone seems to enjoy Martos. Nice! My plan is to visit Spain for a couple of months in June and view some properties in and around Martos. Hopefully, I should be able to relocate there permanently by the end of the year once I find my new home and sort out my work arrangements.

I wanted to ask folks here for their opinion on buying a house that requires lots of refurbishment work versus saving up little more and buying something that doesn't require much work. I have limited budget and just wondering if you found it easy to arrange local builders and was the work completed up to your expectations? Buying something that doesn't require much work seems like an obvious answer but it also means staying longer in cold windy Scotland 😁
I will appreciate your opinions.

Thanks
Old Apr 3rd 2022, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

wicklowjack is an unknown quantity at this point

buy the best house you can afford do not be fooled by the cheep prices , most are dumps i would set a budget of 35k
Old Apr 3rd 2022, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with wicklowjack and renovations will require licences and finding good builders is a challenge everywhere these days. I assume you are an EU citizen and don't require visa, or is that sorted out already? Better get it right from the start and you'll probably be glad to be in Scotland in June, so again no rush.
Old Apr 3rd 2022, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

sancopanco is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you wicklowjack and Moses2013. This is very helpful. I thought that some of those houses I saw online for around 20k look too good to be true. 35k is probably more realistic. Work visa shouldn't be an issue as I'm an EU citizen. Just can't wait to make the move 😁