Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Dec 12th 2018, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Jon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Hi does anyone have any experience or advice on getting a water supply 're connected in martos. Or who the water company is supplying martos It's been off for a number of years.
Thanks
Old Dec 13th 2018, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

wicklowjack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jon b View Post
Hi does anyone have any experience or advice on getting a water supply 're connected in martos. Or who the water company is supplying martos It's been off for a number of years.
Thanks
it is easy just go to the office and have your address and ine passport and your bank acc details m thay should be able to turn it in 48 hrs
the company you need is on the street to the libary aquila is the name
Old Dec 14th 2018, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Jon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
that's sounds pretty straight forward. Wasnt sure who supplies martos so Thanks for that pal.
Old Dec 15th 2018, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

Good info wicklowjack
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

billi1155 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all.
we are travelling down to andalucia mid-march,but can we get a property for 25k[euros]max,without having to re-build it.
if so where are we restricted to?-been looking in the alcaudete area.
our spanish is fluent!
regards
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billi1155 View Post
hi all.
we are travelling down to andalucia mid-march,but can we get a property for 25k[euros]max,without having to re-build it.
our spanish is fluent!
regards
You can certainly find these properties, but even for the Alcaudete area it will be hard to find something that cheap that doesn't need any work done. You can only really tell after a proper structural survey has been done and then be aware of other things (title deeds, additional buying costs) .
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

cheers moses.we have took that in to our calculations,and ended up with the 25k figure.would it be better to use an estate or look around when we get there?
Old Jan 4th 2019, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

cheers moses.we have took that in to our calculations,and ended up with the 25k figure.would it be better to use an estate or look around when we get there?
think it mite be better to rent for a few months first.can is there a local agent or private?
Old Jan 7th 2019, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

hi all.
our spanish is fluent!
regards
you can find plenty of propertys for 25k. goilg with an estate agent is your best bet. but do exepect some work painting and some reform work it all depends on what you can live with or can do your self
Old Jan 7th 2019, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

dont mind paint/plaster,just didnt want to rebuild something.but[wait for brexit result]will rent something this coming winter-cheers
Old Mar 3rd 2019, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

LeeLorraineFaye is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, this is our first post on the forum, we have been looking for a property to retire to in 5 years and been speaking to deryl over the past couple of months. We traveled out to martos last week and met deryl and diego (spain undiscovered). we looked at 6 properties, One of which was just what we wanted at the right price. No doubt we will be on the forum from now on for any tips, advice etc.

Thanks, Lee Lorraine & Faye
Old Mar 4th 2019, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome. Keep us posted
Old Mar 4th 2019, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LeeLorraineFaye View Post
Hi guys, this is our first post on the forum, we have been looking for a property to retire to in 5 years and been speaking to deryl over the past couple of months. We traveled out to martos last week and met deryl and diego (spain undiscovered). we looked at 6 properties, One of which was just what we wanted at the right price. No doubt we will be on the forum from now on for any tips, advice etc.

Thanks, Lee Lorraine & Faye
deigo is a good guy . bought my place with him and had no problems at all. come people had problems but i cant comment on them
if you are looking make sure that you are not to far up the hill. something that will get to you over time ( walking up those streets )
and i hope your diy skills are good . but yo will love it there
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 1:08 am
Just Joined

westbank is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dawn Jones48 View Post
We are over at the end of the month to look for a house. Please let me know how your week goes....
Enjoy! Dawn
Been over 3 or 4 times now going over next weekend to do some decorating etc.
anyone over now ?
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 1:13 am
Just Joined

westbank is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by McGregor View Post

Hi jack I'm new to this forum and just noticed your Irish as well. Are you already living in Martos I'm from Dublin and I'm in the process of buying the captain from Tim I'll be going out there 21st of February 2019 with my daughter and my granddaughter and meeting up with Tim for the keys ect. I'd love to meet up with some Irish people as well English people start bulding up a few new neighbors.
we are an Irish family with a house in martos also.
going over next week to do some painting etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.