Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Aug 17th 2016, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

wicklowjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Originally Posted by tfirth
Anyone know who the water and electricity supply companies re for Martos? And does anyone have contact details? Need to get water and electricity turned on. I already have a Agamed and Iberdrola account in Torrevieja. If they are the same that that makes it easier.
i wish i knew last time i was there was the second time i was there and DAIGEO got my water turned on . But no electricity as the house was re wired and i need to get the house surveyed by a architect and resubmitted to the council in all no power yet but hopefully will be on now , i can see if there is any bills and give you the details will be there next month
Old Aug 17th 2016, 6:34 am
Just Joined

tfirth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wicklowjack
i wish i knew last time i was there was the second time i was there and DAIGEO got my water turned on . But no electricity as the house was re wired and i need to get the house surveyed by a architect and resubmitted to the council in all no power yet but hopefully will be on now , i can see if there is any bills and give you the details will be there next month
TFYR. I will be there also around 15-18 Sept. I stay in Torrevieja at the moment. Tracy (Mr). Where is your place? I'm on Calle Pensules. Need roof replacing.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nicola brown
Hi everyone, hope all well, and enjoying Martos, if your lucky enough to be there!!! Just wondered whether anyone has any knowledge on 'how to cool down artificial grass'��� ? I'm very happy with my artificial grass, and it is of high quality, however gets very, very hot in 40 degrees!!! Researched Internet, and the only recommendation I can find , is to hose it down every half hour!! I thought there may be some reflective spray or something, but nothing being advertised! Any advice guys? x
do not know or ever heard of any just plant normal grass. you are walking on plastic after all but good luck
Old Aug 17th 2016, 6:39 am
Just Joined

do not know or ever heard of any just plant normal grass. you are walking on plastic after all but good luck
I misread it as glass (blind as a bat).
Old Aug 17th 2016, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know who the water and electricity supply companies re for Martos? And does anyone have contact details? Need to get water and electricity turned on. I already have a Agamed and Iberdrola account in Torrevieja. If they are the same that that makes it easier.
Endesa supply the Electric but for the life of me i cant remember the water suplier Aqua something il let you know later
Old Aug 17th 2016, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by timmyf
Endesa supply the Electric but for the life of me i cant remember the water suplier Aqua something il let you know later
Are there any other suppliers? Because I have heard and read so much bad about ENDESA!!

Do IBerdrola supply there? I use them in Torrevieja.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Are there any other suppliers? Because I have heard and read so much bad about ENDESA!!

Do IBerdrola supply there? I use them in Torrevieja.
Don't quote me but I don't think so endesa have always been OK in Martos for me
Old Aug 17th 2016, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by timmyf
Don't quote me but I don't think so endesa have always been OK in Martos for me
I read some terrible stories from 2011-2013 about their bills be way off and lots of over charging and some referred to them as almost criminal in operation. They were always getting dined but not enough. They are or were Italian owned I think.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

anybody know a half decent tiler in martos just need the downstairs re-tiled
Old Aug 19th 2016, 10:03 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

They were always getting dined but not enough. They are or were Italian owned I think.
At the local Trattoria I hope!
Old Aug 19th 2016, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

anybody know a half decent tiler in martos just need the downstairs re-tiled
Ahmed (ash) Ahmed Mazzeri on Facebook
Old Aug 19th 2016, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fred James
At the local Trattoria I hope!
Ouch! fined I was told, 900k a time which seems so little. If they got dined for it then they would need a bigger restaurant for all the Endesa staff. The atmosphere would have been "dare I say it" ELECTRIC

Last edited by tfirth; Aug 19th 2016 at 11:34 am.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Maur-Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

Are there a dearth of reliable tradesmen in your town or is it that folk have not had time to find out about these things yet?
Old Aug 20th 2016, 12:04 am
Just Joined

ZenaC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

If you still need a reliable tradesman I can recommend the gentleman who did the work on my house. His name is Dave and he is English but has lived in Martos for several years and speaks spanish.

You can either pm me for his contact number or you can find it on his site

Www.west5andalusianproperties.com
Old Aug 20th 2016, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Maur-Ross
Are there a dearth of reliable tradesmen in your town or is it that folk have not had time to find out about these things yet?
I personally wouldn't trust any English persons to do my construction work , it's a very different way to build here the materials are different and they do things in a very different way , I was a qualified bricklayer before changing carreer , and most of the Brits only have the Ryanair building / plumbing / electric certificates I've heard some horror stories of construction incompetence one from a person that has been named on here , so yes there are plenty of builders out here but good ones only a few , and remember peeps most things constructed need a licencia de obra minor from the local council

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.