Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Jan 9th 2016, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola brown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Yes I know where you mean, I've passed the building with the flags many times! We would only need it for the day, it's just remaining rubble from the new terrace and the levelling out of the garden. Think plenty of rubble already gone under both terraces, and run out if places to hide any more!!!! Much appreciated if you can find out rough price. Earliest my son will be going is March, and myself not until early April. Enjoy your visit in Jan, no sun tan lotion needed this time ay!!!! Cheers
Old Jan 10th 2016, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nicola brown
Yes I know where you mean, I've passed the building with the flags many times! We would only need it for the day, it's just remaining rubble from the new terrace and the levelling out of the garden. Think plenty of rubble already gone under both terraces, and run out if places to hide any more!!!! Much appreciated if you can find out rough price. Earliest my son will be going is March, and myself not until early April. Enjoy your visit in Jan, no sun tan lotion needed this time ay!!!! Cheers
No its quite cold im off for 4 days on My own to sort out our rental but back at Easter for 2 weeks real nice time to visit , short week in may , then 3 weeks in August , Nothing else planes yet , apart from the big move in dec 2018
Old Jan 10th 2016, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Looking at the temperature at the moment and next week, doesn't look too bad at all actually! Do you know if there's anywhere to rent a car in Martos? If not, maybe Jaen. My son and his girlfriend debating wether to drive or fly when they visit next. Obviously because they are planning to stay for a few months a car would be quite beneficial, but because they are planning to work whilst there(both self employed) and will only be out and about at weekends, wondering if better to rent. I've rented from Malaga a few times, but obviously too far from Martos. Yes end March/April very pleasant, I also found September there lovely temperature. Not long until you leave the good old UK then!
Old Jan 10th 2016, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

i didn't realise you were renting your property out. Derryl mentioned that when I bought mine. How's thT going then?
Old Jan 11th 2016, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nicola brown
i didn't realise you were renting your property out. Derryl mentioned that when I bought mine. How's thT going then?
There aré plenty of Car rentals in Jaén not sure where though think if You Google it youl find one , better off With cargest at Málaga v good prices or economy Car hire , i have 2 houses there renting My old one out to a local i advertísed it on milanocious And piso . Com And was inundated With calls just had to pick somebody who was working
Old Jan 11th 2016, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Hi yes, thanks for that. I previously checked the Internet and see there's a car rental by Jaen train station, which is quite handy! I thought you probably had two houses as you had one up for sell didn't you? No joy there then, or just decided to rent instead? That's good to know about the rental potential though. Have you bought a different type of house now then on the outskirts? Would you prefer if I pm you in future? It just seems very few people are using the forum at the moment, and I didn't know if that has a negative effect on it continuing. I was speaking to a young man by the name of Navine only a few days ago, says he's related to the guys who run the hotel at the entrance to Martos(forgotten the name) . He just returned from Martos, and is looking to buy a small property in the surrounding area to convert into a small hotel, hoping to appeal to British expats. Says he spoke to quite a few expats and it all sounded very encouraging. Born here, but spent several years at a Spanish boarding school so fluent in the language. Hopefully Martos is 'up and coming'!!!!! Once again, thanks for your help and nice talking to you. Enjoy your break!
Old Feb 17th 2016, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

wicklowjack is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys
just thought i would tell you were i am
bought a house in martos. now i am making plans to go back and and paint it and clean it up a bit, next time i am there will look for a kitchen. it is a fantastic place rewired and replumbed and 3 bed with two sun terrace sand a small court yard will be there for 2 weeks in may this time. do not think i will rent it out i am in love with it now lets keep this forum going all of you it was a big help to me
Old Feb 17th 2016, 8:17 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

So pleased to hear that things worked out so well for you and that the forum was of some help. Remember that your experiences will help others so please keep on visiting us and join in with discussions.

Rosemary
Old Feb 18th 2016, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

jogger is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wicklowjack
hi guys
bought a house in martos. now i am making plans to go back and and paint it and clean it up a bit, next time i am there will look for a kitchen. it is a fantastic place rewired and replumbed and 3 bed with two sun terrace sand a small court yard will be there for 2 weeks in may this time. do not think i will rent it out i am in love with it now lets keep this forum going all of you it was a big help to me
Hi Jack from Wicklow? How do you find Martos, we're currently looking for a place to retire to and have seen a fair bit on Marrow, also the property is very reasonable compared to the Costa Del Sol. It would be interesting to know why you chose Martos.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

hola jogger
martos is a very friendly town big enough to have all the facilities you need and small enough to be friendly, and the prices are VERY VERY reasonable. went with a friend who was cagey about me buying a property there and he loved it. i bought a partially renovated house. but you have the choice of plenty of houses all at bargain prices just make sure you find one that suits you. it is a honest working town not a tourist town nobody speaks english like on the coast but not paying mad prices either. you need to be fit for walking around it is very hilly. we ate in one of the bars one night and the staff could not be as friendly even gave us a bottle of wine as a gift to bring home very frendily place and the whole time i was there ( 8 days ) never met one non national
best give it a visit you can decide for your self the hotel was €30 a night per room
good luck hope to see you there
wicklowjack4
Old Feb 18th 2016, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you like the town. We live ten minutes or so south of Martos out in the olive groves and have no regrets buying in the area.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

good to here will explore the area in the next year
people say there is a lake in the area
Old Feb 18th 2016, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Look on a map, south of Martos, and you'll see one by a village called Las Casillas.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

jogger is on a distinguished road

hola jogger
martos is a very friendly town big enough to have all the facilities you need and small enough to be friendly, and the prices are VERY VERY reasonable. went with a friend who was cagey about me buying a property there and he loved it. i bought a partially renovated house. but you have the choice of plenty of houses all at bargain prices just make sure you find one that suits you. it is a honest working town not a tourist town nobody speaks english like on the coast but not paying mad prices either. you need to be fit for walking around it is very hilly. we ate in one of the bars one night and the staff could not be as friendly even gave us a bottle of wine as a gift to bring home very frendily place and the whole time i was there ( 8 days ) never met one non national
best give it a visit you can decide for your self the hotel was €30 a night per room
good luck hope to see you there
wicklowjack4
Thanks Jack, I retire in June and are heading over for four weeks in June/July we will have a look then and brush up on the Spanish in the meantime. Thanks again...
Old Feb 19th 2016, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

hi guys
nice to see you in Martos I've been going there for 5 years now and it's a wonderful place

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.