Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Nov 5th 2015, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

wicklowjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

hi all i am going to mantos on the 16th for a week hope to buy a property to rent out at first . being from ireland and being really hard hit from the recession. i was wondering if i could ask a few questions here. has anyone ever rented out there home in martos, what are the taxes to pay any problems renting there. i will rent for the first year or two i hope and move there to live after
Old Nov 5th 2015, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wicklowjack
hi all i am going to mantos on the 16th for a week hope to buy a property to rent out at first . being from ireland and being really hard hit from the recession. i was wondering if i could ask a few questions here. has anyone ever rented out there home in martos, what are the taxes to pay any problems renting there. i will rent for the first year or two i hope and move there to live after
the only problem I have found is finding a tennant after a year
Old Nov 6th 2015, 5:24 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wicklowjack
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola brown is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone off to Martos this Sunday for a quick check up on house before the colder months set in. Think I might get lucky with the weather, it seems to be quite warm again from next weekend, fingers crossed!!!! Happy to meet up for vino/ coffee if anyone around x
Old Nov 24th 2015, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Not going back until the new year Nicola prob feb i was chatting to my mate last night And although They have sun in the day time its cold at night he says it will drop to 2 grado this week so get yourself a heater 😬
Old Nov 24th 2015, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by timmyf
Not going back until the new year Nicola prob feb i was chatting to my mate last night And although They have sun in the day time its cold at night he says it will drop to 2 grado this week so get yourself a heater 😬
I have booked for Easter for 2 weeks Now flybe aré flying out of doncaster in the new year And reasonable prices as well I'm on the countdown now to retirement and the big move to Martos
Old Dec 8th 2015, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all, back from Martos, and lots achieved! Weather very pleasant, and warmer than I expected, bonus!!!! Unfortunately still no quote for retwiring of house! Was wondering if anyone else has had their house rewired? The electrics work, but very low voltage so use a booster that was already in the house. Also how much does it cost to have an Internet connection? Hi Tim can you help here, I think you've had this installed and I think you said it was quite expensive? What about the monthly cost? Cheers thanks for all your help!
Old Dec 8th 2015, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all back from Martos, lots achieved and lovely warm weather. Did use a heater a little at night though! Still no news on the retwiring oh house though, no idea why!!! Anyone else had their house rewired? Also could do with some advice on installing the Internet and costs. Cheers
Old Dec 9th 2015, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nicola brown
Hi all back from Martos, lots achieved and lovely warm weather. Did use a heater a little at night though! Still no news on the retwiring oh house though, no idea why!!! Anyone else had their house rewired? Also could do with some advice on installing the Internet and costs. Cheers
Dont know about re wiring but i had internet installed in the summer With telitec quite expensive around 50 euro a month but get 120 mins of free calls to any landline in the in eu a month
Old Dec 9th 2015, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tim thanks for that, I'll have to give it some thought. Another question, does anyone know if you can get wood for decking anywhere in or near Martos? Thinking of decking part of the garden! Cheers
Old Dec 10th 2015, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nicola brown
Hi Tim thanks for that, I'll have to give it some thought. Another question, does anyone know if you can get wood for decking anywhere in or near Martos? Thinking of decking part of the garden! Cheers
Theres a wood merchant on the way to Jaén on the side of the dual carrageway not sure if They do decking tho if not brico st Granada dont know how well decking would cope With the summer sun
Old Jan 7th 2016, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone
Happy New Year. My son is hoping to go to Martos to do a little work on our house there, and was wondering how to go about ordering a small skip. I know Mohammad had one whilst building terrace, but no idea where from? Also are they available immidiately or do you gave to wait for one to become available? And price of course?? Cheers for help Nicola x
Old Jan 8th 2016, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Bit mat have the skips but remember if your having it on the street You need to get a permit from the council
Old Jan 8th 2016, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tim
I never realised you had to get a permit. Yes it would be on the road, although a 'no entry' road! Where do you have to go to get the permit, or do you apply through the builders yard to the council? Is it expensive like this country? I'm beginning to think this should be timmyf' expat forum � ���� !!!!
Old Jan 8th 2016, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

In the planning office normally if you get rid of it in a day , nobody bothers ,the planning office is not far from you on calle delores Torres on the hill near to the pretty roundabout with the flowers , the building as flags outside , don't think it's expensive , but not sure how much never used one buried mine under my patio , over jan 27 th so il find out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.