Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old May 24th 2017, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Sam1993 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Hi, does anyone in Martos know where to get a cheap washing machine ?

Last edited by Rosemary; May 24th 2017 at 8:28 pm. Reason: Altered to stop it being an advert.
Old May 24th 2017, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

wicklowjack is an unknown quantity at this point

there is a good guy on av europia cant reamer the name of the shop but has a good selection of stock at reasonable prices. was in there looking for prices for my house and he was very eager for the business you could give him a try
Old May 29th 2017, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

mckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant future

This has been a very interesting thread, have followed for the last 12 months and i think we may take a look ourselves as i think our budget will only be 50k unless we gat a mortgage but the idea was to bring up our 4 year old daughter mortgage free if possible. we also have a bernese mountain dog so i am presuming good walks all around?
Old Jun 29th 2017, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

is there anything happening in martos the site has gone dead the last few weeks
Old Jul 25th 2017, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

aztamem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, we have a home in Martos (we are Americans). We bought it 2 years ago (been working it every year-just minor stuff like putting in AC. We love it here, we come visit about 3 times a year. Here now with daughter and her Friend. Will be here a few weeks more and of to California. Be back in October 2017. We bought the home as a place to rest and enjoy the town. Love the old downtown, plus it's inexpensive to dine. From here we can rent a room in the citys of choice that we want to explore. Any ways great town to walk and live in.
Jose
Old Jul 25th 2017, 12:43 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aztamem
Hello everyone, we have a home in Martos (we are Americans). We bought it 2 years ago (been working it every year-just minor stuff like putting in AC. We love it here, we come visit about 3 times a year. Here now with daughter and her Friend. Will be here a few weeks more and of to California. Be back in October 2017. We bought the home as a place to rest and enjoy the town. Love the old downtown, plus it's inexpensive to dine. From here we can rent a room in the citys of choice that we want to explore. Any ways great town to walk and live in.
Jose
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 25th 2017, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mckenzie1970
... we also have a bernese mountain dog so i am presuming good walks all around?
The Via Verde de Aceite goes through Martos. It is the old railway line, now a walking path. It goes between Jaen and finishes near Lucena.
There is a website for it.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

hi guys will be there next week for a week.
my house need attention as i will be joing to live there soon
any expats want there then want to meet up for a drink
cant wait to walk those streets again
and enjoy Spanish life again as this will be a holiday not a working visit this time
would be nice to meet others and exchange stories
Old Jul 31st 2017, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Paulykate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by timmyf
Hi I'm still in martos , calle fillipe , ex brickie , and general builder if you need any advice , I'm just constructing a large patio and steps myself
Hi TimmyF
You still around? Could do with a builder I can trust who can help us out with some work over the next year or so...
Cheers
Paul & Kate
Calle Roa

Originally Posted by Nicola brown
Hi, thanks for that. Sadly I have still not had time or finances for roof or electrics! I will get one of the local builders to take a look at my roof when I return. Hopefully it will not cost too much to remedy. Also the electrics, I have decided will last a while longer, as apart from a little lighting and TV/music, it is required for nothing more, as I use gas for everything else! I think my plumbing will be the next thing, as I still have lead piping!!!! Costly I think, Cheers Nicola
Hi Nicola
We're just down the road from you on Calle Roa, would be lovely to meet you and share stories and advice if you are around?
We're here in Martos this week...

Regards
Paul y Kate

Originally Posted by wicklowjack
hi all will be there next week if anyone wants to meet up
We're around until Thursday evening?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 31st 2017 at 6:15 pm. Reason: Posts merged - there's an edit button you can use if you wish to add something just after posting.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

hi all will be there next week if anyone wants to meet up
Old Aug 1st 2017, 1:47 am
Just Joined

westbank is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wicklowjack
hi guys will be there next week for a week.
my house need attention as i will be joing to live there soon
any expats want there then want to meet up for a drink
cant wait to walk those streets again
and enjoy Spanish life again as this will be a holiday not a working visit this time
would be nice to meet others and exchange stories
Hi we will be over this weekend
Going by boat with our kids and dogs.
Will send a message once we get there.
Safe travels
Old Aug 1st 2017, 1:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by aztamem
Jose
Would be nice to meet up. We Will be in martos this weekend for a few weeks.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by westbank
Hi we will be over this weekend
Going by boat with our kids and dogs.
Will send a message once we get there.
Safe travels
will do thanks
Old Aug 10th 2017, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Having a superb time in martos.
Our 1st prolonged stay. We have been using the pool a lot.
What are you guys getting up to.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 8:41 am
Just Joined

pingon1953 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anybody had problems with builders in Martos?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.