Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Jan 2nd 2017, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

wicklowjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Originally Posted by Annetje
That IS a long drive ! And with a dog/cat ? You ARE still in Esuri/Ayamonte I assume ?
Very impressed, I don't dare from the South of France (Var) on my own (with dog) !!!
no i am in Ireland and driving from here a friend agreed to drive me no pets just the tow of us a long way i agree
just looking for places to stay on the way down and recommendation
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Annetji ... I am in Ayamonte at the moment yes. Don't be impressed, I don't do the driving. I also have a good friend who does it. Not sure I would do it now on my own even if I could drive. My dog loves it, she sits up high so she can see out. We go all the way to central Scotland.

wicklowjack, from Ireland there may be better routes. Google ?
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

i will
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wicklowjack
no i am in Ireland and driving from here a friend agreed to drive me no pets just the tow of us a long way i agree
just looking for places to stay on the way down and recommendation
You can go by ferry from Cork to Roskoff, France. It may help.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonboy
You can go by ferry from Cork to Roskoff, France. It may help.

though of that but i live in wicklow only 1 hr from the port in Dublin and the costs of the ferry are high enough. easier for me to go through England and take the chunnel along as cheaper just looking for how long it will take me and any problems people have had in the past . like is the snow a factor in February and good places to stay and how much the tolls
have got good info so far but more is welcome
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 7:39 am
Just Joined

unhappymartos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dawn Jones48
It wasn't a estate agents was it? We are looking to buy and want to be cautious. Thanks Dawn
Yes it was... I cant name them, but send me a private email and i will.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wicklowjack

though of that but i live in wicklow only 1 hr from the port in Dublin and the costs of the ferry are high enough. easier for me to go through England and take the chunnel along as cheaper just looking for how long it will take me and any problems people have had in the past . like is the snow a factor in February and good places to stay and how much the tolls
have got good info so far but more is welcome
Definitely not cheaper/easier through UK. Recently used Britanny ferries direct from Cork and it was so much easier and not that expensive. Also less traffic.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

ok will check again
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Dawn Jones48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Can I ask how you found travelling with your dog?

thanks

Dawn

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Annetji ... I am in Ayamonte at the moment yes. Don't be impressed, I don't do the driving. I also have a good friend who does it. Not sure I would do it now on my own even if I could drive. My dog loves it, she sits up high so she can see out. We go all the way to central Scotland.

wicklowjack, from Ireland there may be better routes. Google ?

Last edited by Rosemary; Jan 4th 2017 at 7:28 am. Reason: corrected quote
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Dawn Jones48 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't send
Private message I think you have to post a bit before you can.

Originally Posted by unhappymartos
Yes it was... I cant name them, but send me a private email and i will.

Last edited by Rosemary; Jan 4th 2017 at 7:30 am. Reason: corrected quote
Old Jan 4th 2017, 7:32 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dawn

You should be able to use the PM system as you have sufficient posts.

Can I suggest that you read this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/spain...rectly-862861/ because you seem to be having problems quoting people.

Rosemary
Old Jan 4th 2017, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawn Jones48
Hi

Can I ask how you found travelling with your dog?

thanks

Dawn

Hi Dawn, both this dog and the previous one had no problems travelling. They both went by ferry in kennel cage and had no bother. They were used to the cage before we left. Now we go by car and stop every 2 hrs approx., she gets out for a run around and a few small treats with water available. I feed her at night when we arrive at hotel. She travels on her harness fixed to seat belt holder up high so she can see out.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

Angel21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I just bought a townhouse in Martos through Derryl & Diego. We would like to come collect the keys sometime in February. Does anyone know a good B&B where we could stay for a few days till the furniture is sorted.

Also need some help with transport, furniture, building work etc.

Thanks
Angel
Old Jan 9th 2017, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Angel21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I just bought a townhouse in Martos and we are planning on taking a big van with furniture and kitchen stuff over. We haven't priced out the cost. Could you let me know if it is a good idea to drive there with furniture or buy it in Spain itself.

Anything you experience will be helpful to us.

Thanks
Angel
Old Jan 10th 2017, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

I've stayed quite a few times a little out of Martos and nearer Alcaudete at -
Apartamentos Turístico Rurales Vía Verde del Aceite

It's a good place with self catering rooms with a separate bedroom, living room and kitchen. In Martos itself I have no idea but also an alternative is the Hospedería Castillo de Alcaudete.
When we were setting up our house we had the same thoughts as to furniture and found that to fit out the whole house would be a horrendous cost with buying it in Spain from normal retailers. We cheated somewhat and did a bulk order at Ikea in Malaga and got it all delivered. We still bought a sofa and a few other items elsewhere but the majority, especially all those small things to make the place homely, were Ikea bought.
If you already have the stuff it'd be cheaper to bring it in a van/truck, but if you have to buy it first in the UK and then bring it, I wouldn't bother.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.