doctors?

Old May 4th 2008, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

kelly11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default doctors?

I am staying in Granada for a few months. I have travel insurance and an NHS medical card. I usually have the depo provera contraceptive injection in the UK, and was assured by my nurse I would be able to get it here too. It is due in 2 weeks. Does anybody know if I need to register at a doctors ( I am not a resident) or if there is a family planning clinic in the area similar to those we have in the UK? My Spanish is very basic but I do have the packaging for the medication with me.
I would be grateful for any advice!
Kelly x
Old May 4th 2008, 6:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: doctors?

Originally Posted by kelly11
I am staying in Granada for a few months. I have travel insurance and an NHS medical card. I usually have the depo provera contraceptive injection in the UK, and was assured by my nurse I would be able to get it here too. It is due in 2 weeks. Does anybody know if I need to register at a doctors ( I am not a resident) or if there is a family planning clinic in the area similar to those we have in the UK? My Spanish is very basic but I do have the packaging for the medication with me.
I would be grateful for any advice!
Kelly x
Kelly I will move this to the Spain forum for you, you should get more help there.
Go to the local Spanish general clinic and ask one of the interpreters for help, you may get it on your UK card, if not there may be a small charge.
Old May 4th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have your HI1C card with you? you just might get it free wif you do, if not they may charge for the visit, some pharmacia's might do it for you, I know ours do blood tests etc, might be worth asking but I am sure whatever it will be a doddle for you.
Old May 4th 2008, 8:09 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

It goes under the name of Depo-Progevera in Spain apparently.