Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

'Do you think you're incompetent'? Paxman asks treasury minister.

'Do you think you're incompetent'? Paxman asks treasury minister.

Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice
Default Re: 'Do you think you're incompetent'? Paxman asks treasury minister.

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I wasn't commenting on her performance I was talking about the way Paxman, no stranger to bully tactics, spoke to her and treated her. If you saw that in a bar would you be happy? I wouldn't. Like I said though, lamb to the slaughter.
In a bar no but she's a politician doing a job, the hustings can be more direct than even Paxman so she should be inured to that sort of quizzing; after all Paxman's style isn't a secret.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:24 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
In a bar no but she's a politician doing a job, the hustings can be more direct than even Paxman so she should be inured to that sort of quizzing; after all Paxman's style isn't a secret.
Well if she is a politician then thats fine eh?
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
I dont think the issue is whether the politician is a woman or not

Yes, Paxman bullied her, she was clearly out of her depth. It looks like the Tories wanted a sacrificial lamb, if indeed they are that intelligent

If Paxman had a little more class then he could have made a fool out of her without being so confrontational

Still, it would be great to see a Paxman in Spain. But then the politicians wouldnt turn up, even Rajoy barely gives interviews. So much for democracy!
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Well if she is a politician then thats fine eh?
Quite.