Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

'Do you think you're incompetent'? Paxman asks treasury minister.

'Do you think you're incompetent'? Paxman asks treasury minister.

Old Jun 30th 2012, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice
Default 'Do you think you're incompetent'? Paxman asks treasury minister.

Is this the face of the current UK government? Promoted beyond ability? I almost felt sorry for her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqiFr0uppVk
Old Jun 30th 2012, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice
Default Re: 'Do you think you're incompetent'? Paxman asks treasury minister.

Maybe he was a bit of a bully but why did the government send a child to do a grownups job ?
Old Jun 30th 2012, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Originally Posted by stuart from barnsley
Maybe he was a bit of a bully but why did the government send a child to do a grownups job ?
Yes, that's my point. They know what Paxman is like. Also she did not seem to be on top of her brief and for a government minister in such an important ministry that is unforgivable in these serious times.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

You only need to see how she got the job. Cameron thought she was a high powered accountant when she was not. Osborne always disappears when there's trouble.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Osborne always disappears when there's trouble.
Rather like the Hermit then.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stuart from barnsley
I just viewed Chloe Smith being interviewed earlier that evening on Channel 4. She was just as unconvincing was asked almost exactly the same questions on CH4 News and fluffed in exactly the same way. She had some hours after that to prepare to meet Paxman and do better but obviously did nothing. Definitely incompetent and should never have been let out on her own.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 10:40 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

but she looks nice, has good connections, a little bit of breeding, passed the Women Only tests

reminds me of some of the eejuts that Blair around him - the so called Blairs Babes - after his election.
none of them really came up to muster, most flopped inside a couple of years never to be heard of again.
my local Blairs Babe was visited several times by police for drunk and disorderly, on one occaision naked on the balcony of her flat throwing glasses at her boyfriend. Met her in a local pub and she was smashed before 8pm - must have been a hard day.
never wonder what happened to her.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
but she looks nice, has good connections, a little bit of breeding, passed the Women Only tests
Looks good, have you been drinking?

Looks like a computer nerd in drag
Old Jul 1st 2012, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Osborne didn't want or couldn't be bothered to explain his sudden change of heart. Shows how inept they are if true how she came by her cabinet position. Cameron is doing it again with will there wont there be a referendum on EU. They must get a grip as they are looking silly and playing into the hands of Milliband and his lot.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 2:41 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I watched it, yep cringeworthy but what I do find funny is that if that was in "real" life and a guy was sat in a bar treating a woman like that he would be absolutely slammed for speaking to a woman in a disrespectful manner. No doubt that he bullied her but then no doubt that she was a sacrificial lamb to the slaughter. Is Osborne an incompetent knob? Yeah probably but do I care? Nope.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 2:58 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Has someone taken over your ID...I keep agreeing with you
Old Jul 1st 2012, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I watched it, yep cringeworthy but what I do find funny is that if that was in "real" life and a guy was sat in a bar treating a woman like that he would be absolutely slammed for speaking to a woman in a disrespectful manner. No doubt that he bullied her but then no doubt that she was a sacrificial lamb to the slaughter. Is Osborne an incompetent knob? Yeah probably but do I care? Nope.
Yeah but she was equally incoherent on CH4 News and wasn't being bullied.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 3:24 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
Yeah but she was equally incoherent on CH4 News and wasn't being bullied.
I wasn't commenting on her performance I was talking about the way Paxman, no stranger to bully tactics, spoke to her and treated her. If you saw that in a bar would you be happy? I wouldn't. Like I said though, lamb to the slaughter.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 3:27 pm
Straw Man.

On the subject of Paxman I often wonder why he is in the business, he obviously hates it!

Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I wasn't commenting on her performance I was talking about the way Paxman, no stranger to bully tactics, spoke to her and treated her. If you saw that in a bar would you be happy? I wouldn't. Like I said though, lamb to the slaughter.
In a bar no but she's a politician doing a job, the hustings can be more direct than even Paxman so she should be inured to that sort of quizzing; after all Paxman's style isn't a secret.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.