Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Do you think the Spanish think you are rich?

Do you think the Spanish think you are rich?

Old Apr 13th 2011, 4:19 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you think the Spanish think you are rich?

The 2 prices is a myth, charges are expensive for guiris and spanish
Old Apr 13th 2011, 4:20 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
I suspect that the authors of this type of thread are either paid forum posters or just plain stupid.Having or not having money is not important to anyone other than the individual.

Most people couldnt identify their neighbours in a line up and by the sounds of it most Brits schlepp from place to place to save a few cents and dont patronise any establishment regularly enough for the staff to even recognise them.

Anyhow, who gives a toss what anyone thinks of them ....... I certainly dont.
A very astute and accurate observation......some k for that.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 4:25 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
I meant it was a strange thread, and it seemed to me it was posted to stir things up.......I have never denied that there could be different prices when asking for quotes for work.

There is the price that the job in worth with a profit factored in, and there is the price they might think they can get away with depending on how dumb they think the customer is, which if challenged will almost certainly be dropped.
Are there any threads I create that you don't have an objection to?

Why join in if you can't be civil?
Old Apr 13th 2011, 4:36 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Are there any threads I create that you don't have an objection to?

Why join in if you can't be civil?
I didnt say I objected to the thread, just that í felt that a bit of trolling seemed to be the main objective of it.

And I think I should be able to join in because the question you asked was asking about the opinions of the Spanish population, which I just happen to be one.

Also I feel that I have the right to defend myself and other Spaniards when you are basically calling us conmen, racists against the British, ripoff merchants and shysters in general.

So with that in mind what kind of level of civility did you expect?
Old Apr 13th 2011, 4:38 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt say I objected to the thread, just that í felt that a bit of trolling seemed to be the main objective of it.

And I think I should be able to join in because the question you asked was asking about the opinions of the Spanish population, which I just happen to be one.

Also I feel that I have the right to defend myself and other Spaniards when you are basically calling us conmen, racists against the British, ripoff merchants and shysters in general.

So with that in mind what kind of level of civility did you expect?
Now that is being OTT.

Last edited by anonimouse; Apr 13th 2011 at 4:52 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 4:40 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Most people couldnt identify their neighbours in a line up and by the sounds of it most Brits schlepp from place to place to save a few cents and dont patronise any establishment regularly enough for the staff to even recognise them.
God, what a depressing concept. I prefer to work out the places I like and then patronise those. I tend to be remembered. Whether that's because I try and chat, or because of the second head, I'm not sure.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 4:55 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
God, what a depressing concept. I prefer to work out the places I like and then patronise those. I tend to be remembered. Whether that's because I try and chat, or because of the second head, I'm not sure.
We are definitely boring creatures of habit and would be in danger of only going to one restaurant all of the time so we make a concerted effort to test out various ones. So far there are only one or two that we have decided not to return to and have at least six or seven that we frequent all of the time. The reasons for return visits are the quality of the food and the way we are treated. When we went out for lunch yesterday we walked around to at least four before deciding where we were going to eat.

It is not just restaurants though, we tend to use the same sort of criteria regarding other shops too. If the people are friendly and helpful we will return but if offhand in anyway we will take our custom elsewhere.

Rosemary
Old Apr 13th 2011, 5:13 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely to read your comments but some of you do tend to talk a load of tosh.
Do you live in Spain then?
Old Apr 13th 2011, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Do you live in Spain then?
Yep
Old Apr 13th 2011, 5:23 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Yep
Right... thats odd.... I thought you said in another thread that you lived in Hungary or somewhere like that.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 5:26 pm

Right... thats odd.... I thought you said in another thread that you lived in Hungary or somewhere like that.
You really do need to keep up
Old Apr 13th 2011, 5:32 pm
Straw Man.

You really do need to keep up
Interesting.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 5:35 pm
Banned

Interesting.
You really have not been paying attention, you should be able to remember everything about evey poster, you must try harder LOL
Old Apr 13th 2011, 5:40 pm

You really have not been paying attention, you should be able to remember everything about evey poster, you must try harder LOL
At least he finds it/me interesting, and admits it

Oh and often calls me Love
Old Apr 13th 2011, 5:43 pm
Banned

At least he finds it/me interesting, and admits it

Oh and often calls me Love
Yes, I will give you that one, he finds it riveting.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.