Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Do you think the Spanish think you are rich?

Do you think the Spanish think you are rich?

Old Apr 23rd 2011, 9:21 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you think the Spanish think you are rich?

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Well if its a deer for instance at the wrong end of a good rifle with a powerful scope,the only thing it will be thinking is what a nice day it is.
Especially if it is taken with a Mexican Heart Shot, as a friend used to describe it.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 6:12 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, I've done the hunting bit too, when I was young and stupid. A group of us would traipse around some sodden farmer's fields with our shotguns and pop away at wood pigeons and rabbits. We felt like real country folk in camouflage gear and hats.

Afterwards we would sit in front of an open fire of a country pub, drinking foul-tasting, warm, real ale discussing all the pigeons and rabbits lying dead and mutilated in the backs of our cars.

Luckily my wife wouldn't let me bring the bodies home and I used to dump them in roadside skip on the A12, unbeknown to my fellow heroes.

(I did hang some pigeons in my garage once and forgot all about them. It got mentioned years later in a solicitor's letter).
Old Apr 24th 2011, 7:53 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Unfortunately, I've done the hunting bit too, when I was young and stupid. A group of us would traipse around some sodden farmer's fields with our shotguns and pop away at wood pigeons and rabbits. We felt like real country folk in camouflage gear and hats.

Afterwards we would sit in front of an open fire of a country pub, drinking foul-tasting, warm, real ale discussing all the pigeons and rabbits lying dead and mutilated in the backs of our cars.

Luckily my wife wouldn't let me bring the bodies home and I used to dump them in roadside skip on the A12, unbeknown to my fellow heroes.

(I did hang some pigeons in my garage once and forgot all about them. It got mentioned years later in a solicitor's letter).
Yes,I know what you're saying.
I've rented the shooting rights out on my place out for many years and still do.
Basically it's just a rough shoot with the usual stuff, rabbits,hares,pigeons,a few deer and a bit of wild fowl, though some of the guys take to raising a few pheasants.
Over the years I've seen them come and go, from syndicates kitted out for WW3, to individuals who just enjoyed a bit wander about the countryside.
I've even had guys take the rights just as a means to try and get their hands on some serious weaponry,the sort of thing that could pass clean through a tree trunk.
However I generally agreed with the police that such high powered rifles were unneccesary and not really the brightest idea on a typical rough shoot.