Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Do you need Loads of Money in Spain !?!

Do you need Loads of Money in Spain !?!

Old Dec 30th 2007, 4:46 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Do you need Loads of Money in Spain !?!

OK, so us Expat' Brits are dead rich... coming over here and buying fancy expensive villas and seaside apartments, lazing 'round sipping G&Ts and scoffing Tapas. Luxury Eh !!!!

Well I just read on Costa Blanca New's Website that the average Spanish annual income per person is about 8,500€s. Could you manage on that ??? It sounds doable to me unless you have expensive hobbies!

Other facts on this website are that about 20% of Spaniards are on the poverty line; 21% have a second home and unemployed immigrants have increased by 30% last year!!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you need Loads of Money in Spain !?!

8.500€----easily doubled or tripled with black money!! How many farmers do you see in beat up vans or clapped out tractors, then on a weekend the biggest poshest car you ever see?
Old Dec 30th 2007, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a place where Mimi Greensleeves, Dodgy Debsy and that there Lionda wont find me.
genegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Do you need Loads of Money in Spain !?!

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
8.500€----easily doubled or tripled with black money!! How many farmers do you see in beat up vans or clapped out tractors, then on a weekend the biggest poshest car you ever see?
That sounds like the farmers where i live in the UK.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

You are so right! We have a neighbour near us who drives a beaten up 400 year old looking 300E Mercedes during the week, and wears clothes that you'd think he was completely penniless.

He does have other cars in his 'collection', however, including an Aston Martin DB9 in British Racing Green!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

And here was me thinking that it was only a phenomenon to be found in the Alguena area
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
OK, so us Expat' Brits are dead rich... coming over here and buying fancy expensive villas and seaside apartments, lazing 'round sipping G&Ts and scoffing Tapas. Luxury Eh !!!!

Well I just read on Costa Blanca New's Website that the average Spanish annual income per person is about 8,500€s. Could you manage on that ??? It sounds doable to me unless you have expensive hobbies!

Other facts on this website are that about 20% of Spaniards are on the poverty line; 21% have a second home and unemployed immigrants have increased by 30% last year!!
Yep you need some money! And unless you are lucky, no career aspirations!

Erm... Cleaners get approx 9 euro an hour, Office worker circa 5 euro!

I am not that proficient with a mop!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

I'm not sure I understand the 'per person' bit - and is that gross? I'm earning about €25,000 gross and thats sort off ok for a family of 4 but certainly no luxuries.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnydee
I'm not sure I understand the 'per person' bit - and is that gross? I'm earning about €25,000 gross and thats sort off ok for a family of 4 but certainly no luxuries.
You must have a 'mega mop!'
Old Dec 30th 2007, 10:18 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by genegenie
That sounds like the farmers where i live in the UK.
Originally Posted by twyntub
You are so right! We have a neighbour near us who drives a beaten up 400 year old looking 300E Mercedes during the week, and wears clothes that you'd think he was completely penniless.

He does have other cars in his 'collection', however, including an Aston Martin DB9 in British Racing Green!
Yeah, absolutely, I know loads of farmers who just rake it in......................I mean one guy I know has a 15 year old landy works 7 days a week and earns £10,000 a year before tax!!

Give me a break!

Most farmers have cars on the never never, and have overdrafts that would shock the richest of you.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Oh yes I certaintly need a good mop at times - especially for sick and wee - don't ask!
Old Dec 31st 2007, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

... that the average Spanish annual income per person is about 8,500€s. ... Other facts on this website are that about 20% of Spaniards are on the poverty line; 21% have a second home and unemployed immigrants have increased by 30% last year!!
Ahh, don't you just love statistics - used properly they can "prove" anything.
When these people say the average spanish hourly pay in 2004 is $17 (yes, dollars
- FIIK why, call it 12 Euros) and this lot say that the average
wage in Madrid is 69% higher than in Murcia, where does that leave you?

Plus people like this who say that "poverty" in the UK involves things like not
being able to save £10 per week, or not having a roast joint
once a week you have to wonder what they're really talking about.

Since it's the end of the year and therefore a natural time to take stock, how
about looking back over your bank and card statements for the year and
working out how much you actually spent in 2007, maybe the forum
organisers could put up a poll?
Old Dec 31st 2007, 10:11 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete_l
Ahh, don't you just love statistics - used properly they can "prove" anything.
When these people say the average spanish hourly pay in 2004 is $17 (yes, dollars
- FIIK why, call it 12 Euros) and this lot say that the average
wage in Madrid is 69% higher than in Murcia, where does that leave you?

Plus people like this who say that "poverty" in the UK involves things like not
being able to save £10 per week, or not having a roast joint
once a week you have to wonder what they're really talking about.

Since it's the end of the year and therefore a natural time to take stock, how
about looking back over your bank and card statements for the year and
working out how much you actually spent in 2007, maybe the forum
organisers could put up a poll?
You can start a thread and put a poll in yourself, from FAQ`s tab..... HERE
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

unemployed immigrants have increased by 30% last year!!

Oh for the UK to have such low figures.

As for jdr suggesting we have another pole ! !

Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Oh for the UK to have such low figures.

As for jdr suggesting we have another pole ! !

jdr was careful to spell poll
Old Dec 31st 2007, 2:48 pm
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Spanish in there nature and culture always give an outward appearance of wealth.

It`s there liquid assets that set the well off from the show off`s.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.