Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Do You Have A Favourite Child?

Do You Have A Favourite Child?

Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Dee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really nice
Default Do You Have A Favourite Child?

One in six mothers has a favourite child - but would never admit to it, according to a survey by Netmums, one of the most popular parenting websites in the UK.

More than 1,000 mothers responded to the survey, with 16 per cent admitting that they love one child more than the others. One third said that they love their children in exactly the same way, while just over half said they love their children differently - but equally.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...hildren.family

I have a favourite, my daughter...she's an only child ...but what about you..do you favour one or more children over the other/s?
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:05 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Have A Favourite Child?

Originally Posted by Dee_dee
One in six mothers has a favourite child - but would never admit to it, according to a survey by Netmums, one of the most popular parenting websites in the UK.

More than 1,000 mothers responded to the survey, with 16 per cent admitting that they love one child more than the others. One third said that they love their children in exactly the same way, while just over half said they love their children differently - but equally.

I have a favourite, my daughter...she's an only child ...but what about you..do you favour one or more children over the other/s?
I reckon I love them equally & sometimes differently

I do however, like one more than the other at various times
Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Me too!!! My only Son aged 28 who is coming to see his Mummy in two weeks!!!!

My Mother says she loves all four of us equally but sometimes dislikes us intensely!!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Dee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really nice

lol, Sue, perhaps we could get your son & my daughter paired up being as both their mothers are in Quesada

In all seriousness the reason I asked this question was because when I've asked this before, almost everyone has said they ''love their children equally but differently''...as you said lynnxa.

However , in the worst scenario that could ever be presented to you in life, and all of your children were about to drown and you could only save one, which one would it be?

No need to answer here on the forum, but your answer to yourself will tell you in reality which one you actually favour more....even just that tiny iota!!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

lol, Sue, perhaps we could get your son & my daughter paired up being as both their mothers are in Quesada

In all seriousness the reason I asked this question was because when I've asked this before, almost everyone has said they ''love their children equally but differently''...as you said lynnxa.

However , in the worst scenario that could ever be presented to you in life, and all of your children were about to drown and you could only save one, which one would it be?

No need to answer here on the forum, but your answer to yourself will tell you in reality which one you actually favour more....even just that tiny iota!!
I would always pick my husband before any children I'm afraid!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 6:13 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

With no children of my own to speak of, then my Step-granddaughter in my avatar has to be my fav. She asked me on the phone last night if I would get her some new shoes from the market. She loves the spanish style ones like for flamenco dancing, last pair are now too small, BUT she still insists on wearing them. She wants me to get her purple ones, BUT her mother says they should be red, so red it will be.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 6:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I would save the furtherest one away from me and hopefully the other would climb on my back as I went past. ;-)
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
With no children of my own to speak of, then my Step-granddaughter in my avatar has to be my fav. She asked me on the phone last night if I would get her some new shoes from the market. She loves the spanish style ones like for flamenco dancing, last pair are now too small, BUT she still insists on wearing them. She wants me to get her purple ones, BUT her mother says they should be red, so red it will be.
Those little red flamenco shoes are sooo cute

#jdr....lol , let's hope you don't have 10 kids then
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

The one who was the least strongest swimmer maybe?

My two do not look alike, have different colouring, have different interests, we love them both exactly the same - we tell them that constantly and the good part is that they trust us implicitly and believe us. They are very secure. .... easy for me with them being like chalk and cheese, I cannot compare them. But as Lynnxa says... love them constantly but at times.... grrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited by DebsyW; Sep 17th 2008 at 10:12 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:47 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebsyW
The one who was the least strongest swimmer maybe?
My two do not look alike, have different colouring, have different interests, we love them both exactly the same - we tell them that constantly and the good part is that they trust us implicitly and believe us. They are very secure. .... easy for me with them being like chalk and cheese, I cannot compare them. But as Lynnxa says... love them constantly but at times.... grrrrrrrrrrrr
I would rather hope they'd save me!!! they're both strong swimmers - probably stronger than me

my two look alike - you can definitely tell they are sisters, but like yours, in personality they really are chalk & cheese
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I would rather hope they'd save me!!! they're both strong swimmers - probably stronger than me

my two look alike - you can definitely tell they are sisters, but like yours, in personality they really are chalk & cheese
Ha ha ha .... I`m a weak swimmer too and mine are stronger than me! I love your answer!!

Mine have a very minor look facially and they are both slim and long-legged but that is it! Skin colouring, hair colouring, personality and interests are completely different... it`s as though I gave birth to one and adopted another... but I gave birth to both and they have the same father!!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:02 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Ha ha ha .... I`m a weak swimmer too and mine are stronger than me! I love your answer!!

Mine have a very minor look facially and they are both slim and long-legged but that is it! Skin colouring, hair colouring, personality and interests are completely different... it`s as though I gave birth to one and adopted another... but I gave birth to both and they have the same father!!
makes you wonder doesn't it

mine are both 'ours' too - they seem to have my colouring, but dh was blond too, as a baby - in fact we have baby photos of each of us at about 10 months and we look frighteningly similar - and we were born just 4 days apart

yet they are so very different - they both have traits from us both, but different ones from each of us

they are both very stubborn though - but then so are both of us
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lynnxa
makes you wonder doesn't it

mine are both 'ours' too - they seem to have my colouring, but dh was blond too, as a baby - in fact we have baby photos of each of us at about 10 months and we look frighteningly similar - and we were born just 4 days apart

yet they are so very different - they both have traits from us both, but different ones from each of us

they are both very stubborn though - but then so are both of us
ha ha ha ... bet it`s great in your household at times!!!
Old Sep 20th 2008, 6:10 am
¿Dónde estoy?

ha ha ha ... bet it`s great in your household at times!!!
tell me about it
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:41 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Those little red flamenco shoes are sooo cute

#jdr....lol , let's hope you don't have 10 kids then
Got her the shoes this morning...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.