Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

DO THE SPANISH REALY LIKE US

DO THE SPANISH REALY LIKE US

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:53 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DO THE SPANISH REALY LIKE US

Originally Posted by Grazy
Hi,

IF it is s a mainly expat urbanization, then hurling puke and urine bombs does have a flavor of racism IMHO. I think we may need a public enquiry to uncover the underlying motives of this horrible behavior.

Regards

Grazy
she said that most of her neighbours are spanish - so can't see where the 'racisim' comes into it
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Grazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the rough

Dear ynnxa,

Yes! You are right. This disgusting behavior is not racist, so I apologies for getting that wrong.

I imagine that this behavior is a result of children who have failed within the education system and don’t feel that this society offers them much in the way of prospects. These type of people I would imagine really descent people who have studied and worked hard to be able to buy a permanent home in Spain or a holiday home here. Add to this drugs and booze, put them together in a group away from their normal controlling influences (The extended family) and what do you get?

These people feel that those who have worked hard to be able to own something, should be attacked by messing up there ordered environment, by tossing projectiles filled with puke and urine all over the place.

The capitalist system unavoidably creates these vile sub-cultures.

What a way to live this precious gift of life!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:12 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Dear ynnxa,

Yes! You are right. This disgusting behavior is not racist, so I apologies for getting that wrong.

I imagine that this behavior is a result of children who have failed within the education system and don’t feel that this society offers them much in the way of prospects. These type of people I would imagine really descent people who have studied and worked hard to be able to buy a permanent home in Spain or a holiday home here. Add to this drugs and booze, put them together in a group away from their normal controlling influences (The extended family) and what do you get?

These people feel that those who have worked hard to be able to own something, should be attacked by messing up there ordered environment, by tossing projectiles filled with puke and urine all over the place.

The capitalist system unavoidably creates these vile sub-cultures.

What a way to live this precious gift of life!
they were spanish....on holiday in Benidorm - but presumably living here (in Spain) permanently

and in my experience, the highly educated are just as able (and likely) to get up to some pretty disgusting behaviour under the influence of alcohol.....
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Grazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the rough

Dear lynnxa

Yes! Alcohol when abused is a very dangerous drug. People do all sorts of dangerous and crazy things under its influence and yet we are free to buy and consume as much as we like.

Of course governments make millions out of the tax on alcohol, so they are not going to reduce the supply of it.

I used to drink a lot when I was young and I did some really stupid things because of it. Now I am 50 something and just enjoy a glass of wine with my evening meal.

What’s the answer to young people binge drinking?
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:26 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

What’s the answer to young people binge drinking?
National service!!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
National service!!
hehe, I'm not sure if forcing young kids to shoot people is a good way to turn them into upstanding individuals of society
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:15 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SoJohn
hehe, I'm not sure if forcing young kids to shoot people is a good way to turn them into upstanding individuals of society
National service isn't about teaching people to shoot one another, its about confidence building, discipline and learning respect. All of which are seriously lacking in many of the youth of today.

I have had a lot to do with wayward kids over the years and most of the ones I have known have gone into the forces and turn into some pretty good young men.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

National service isn't about teaching people to shoot one another, its about confidence building, discipline and learning respect. All of which are seriously lacking in many of the youth of today.

I have had a lot to do with wayward kids over the years and most of the ones I have known have gone into the forces and turn into some pretty good young men.
Hmm, my sister got back from Greece last week. There were 17 guys from the RAF staying in the complex where she was. They basically drank 24 hours a day, started fights for no reason and were noisy almost all the time. They left beer bottles floating in the pool and were often sick in it....

I think the problem goes a bit deeper than chucking people into National Service.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:23 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Absolutly correct, Rugbymatt.It gives them pride in themself,its certainly not to teach them to shoot one another.For some of them it gives them the first family they have ever had.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

spaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to all

National service!!
I will second that!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:28 pm
Straw Man.

Hmm, my sister got back from Greece last week. There were 17 guys from the RAF staying in the complex where she was. They basically drank 24 hours a day, started fights for no reason and were noisy almost all the time. They left beer bottles floating in the pool and were often sick in it....

I think the problem goes a bit deeper than chucking people into National Service.
But they are squadies, I am not suggesting that all teenagers should be squadies for god sake.

There is a difference between a group of people who defend our freedom by means of a gun and teaching wayward, badly mannered, aggressive and disrespectful teenagers a little bit of discipline, self confidence (and generally people with little or no confidence develop major behavioral problems) and respect.

Squadies will always let off steam, they are a group of people who are couped up day and night and taught to kill, defend and fight (generally) so it is inevitable I'm afraid.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

But they are squadies, I am not suggesting that all teenagers should be squadies for god sake.

There is a difference between a group of people who defend our freedom by means of a gun and teaching wayward, badly mannered, aggressive and disrespectful teenagers a little bit of discipline, self confidence (and generally people with little or no confidence develop major behavioral problems) and respect.

Squadies will always let off steam, they are a group of people who are couped up day and night and taught to kill, defend and fight (generally) so it is inevitable I'm afraid.
I disagree. A lot of "youngsters" are out of control way before they are 16 or 18 or whatever. At what age do you decide on National Service? 16? 18? 21? How long for? 1 year? 2 years? more?

I have an idea, one that some may not like. A baby license. People shouldn't be allowed to have children until they have gone through the same level of testing as families wishing to adopt have to. Let's stop letting people have kids they can't afford and stop creating of second and third generation welfare families. It would also help to keep the population levels under control (the planet is heavily over populated).
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:46 pm
Straw Man.

I disagree. A lot of "youngsters" are out of control way before they are 16 or 18 or whatever. At what page do you decide on National Service? 16? 18? 21? How long for? 1 year? 2 years? more?

I have an idea, one that some may not like. A baby license. People shouldn't be allowed to have children until they have gone through the same level of testing as families wishing to adopt have to. Let's stop letting people have kids they can't afford and stop the creating of second and third generation welfare families. It would also help to keep the population levels under control (the planet is heavily over populated).
But John what you fail to see is that kids dont suddenly wake up one morning and decide to go uncontrollable.

They look and learn from peers, they see how cool their older brothers and sisters look sat in bus stops and around municipal loos, surrounded by girls and smoking fags, joints and drinking cheep cider out of coke bottles and they want a bit of it.

Now if you address that then you are half way to breaking the endless cycle.

I have done my bit with DofE kids, have worked in OZ with unruly and often criminal kids and when you give them responsibility they relish it, soak it up and thrive.

It has been done so many times and is really well documented. Something as simple as teaching kids new skills is all it takes. A close friend of the familly had 3 sons, and they were the main trouble makers in a small town close to me.

" of them came to work for us a couple of years back and the third stayed in the town causing trouble.

The two brothers ended up joining up and are wonderful young men now, they are just so nice. The third is in prison now.

Could this be an isolated example? I don't think so, not given my experience.

I usually keep away from these kind of discussions because it is something close to my heart, my brother and I were really bad boys growing up, he fell off the rails in a spectacular style, my dad pulled my neck in in a quite forceful way, and he helped me channel my energy. You will often find that the biggest trouble makers are also very bright kids. The reason they go off the rails is because they need structure, discipline and stimulation.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:55 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=rugbymatt;5003199]But John what you fail to see is that kids dont suddenly wake up one morning and decide to go uncontrollable.

I can understand you wanting to keep away from these sort of disscusions Rugbymatt,but I think what you have said is terrific, and I for one really glad you said it.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:59 pm
Straw Man.

[QUOTE=dreamcatcher;5003241]
But John what you fail to see is that kids dont suddenly wake up one morning and decide to go uncontrollable.

I can understand you wanting to keep away from these sort of disscusions Rugbymatt,but I think what you have said is terrific, and I for one really glad you said it.
Thanks.

Cracking down on kids doesn't work, it didn't under thatcher, and it wont under any gov, in any country.

Look at Iran, the most controlled country in the world, yet the largest number of Blog sites, highest number of heroine addicts and all under a repressive regime where death can arrive in a second.

A country that nourishes and allows its youth to flourish is a healthy nation.

(maybe I read too much Gibran.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.