Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Do Correos offer Discounts ?? & Euro Question

Do Correos offer Discounts ?? & Euro Question

Old Mar 7th 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do Correos offer Discounts ?? & Euro Question

HI All, Just been looking at the Correos site and first of all well done to them for a English Version, I didnt expect it at all. Having now only really looked at the UK Site, I see the prices and I feel they are quite expensive to post compared to the UK Spain ( different Price Structure )

Are the prices charged fixed across the board or do they have discounts in place for *small* Volume customers ???

The answer to this is quite important to me becuase I have stumbled on a Widget that weighs 620 Gram, that Im sure I can shift a min of 120+ a week ongoing back to the UK that will easy pay my rent at a rough profit of 5/7 Euros per item under current post prices, This will also give my partner something to do as I feel she will struggle to get work in Spain

The second choice is posting them say 15/20 a day as one parcel to someone here in the UK and they can post them singally from the post office in the UK, but this is ****far**** from a ideal situation.

2nd Question rather than opening another thread, I havent had a chance to get back to Spain since Jan, and when I went in Jan the Euro was only 1.27, even in the ATM's I could not get much better, PO only gave me 1.23 I was well gutted, I just check again ( and I know you can get better ) but the PO in UK is only offering 1.26 now :curse: this is piss poor and it has had an affect on my view of getting out to Spain this spring, why is it so low ??

I was looking at a max budget of 700Eur for monthly rent, the fall in price is going to push this upto 780Eur or down to 635Eur rather,

Is the long term view that it will not rise and maybe come down more ?

Thanks for your time Guy's.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

CarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud of
Default Re: Do Correos offer Discounts ?? & Euro Question

Originally Posted by andyrich666
HI All, Just been looking at the Correos site and first of all well done to them for a English Version, I didnt expect it at all. Having now only really looked at the UK Site, I see the prices and I feel they are quite expensive to post compared to the UK Spain ( different Price Structure )

Are the prices charged fixed across the board or do they have discounts in place for *small* Volume customers ???

The answer to this is quite important to me becuase I have stumbled on a Widget that weighs 620 Gram, that Im sure I can shift a min of 120+ a week ongoing back to the UK that will easy pay my rent at a rough profit of 5/7 Euros per item under current post prices, This will also give my partner something to do as I feel she will struggle to get work in Spain

The second choice is posting them say 15/20 a day as one parcel to someone here in the UK and they can post them singally from the post office in the UK, but this is ****far**** from a ideal situation.

2nd Question rather than opening another thread, I havent had a chance to get back to Spain since Jan, and when I went in Jan the Euro was only 1.27, even in the ATM's I could not get much better, PO only gave me 1.23 I was well gutted, I just check again ( and I know you can get better ) but the PO in UK is only offering 1.26 now :curse: this is piss poor and it has had an affect on my view of getting out to Spain this spring, why is it so low ??

I was looking at a max budget of 700Eur for monthly rent, the fall in price is going to push this upto 780Eur or down to 635Eur rather,

I think you will find that the English version is a bit out of date. Prices are in Pesos !!!!!
Old Mar 7th 2008, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarolandTony
I think you will find that the English version is a bit out of date. Prices are in Pesos !!!!!

Errr. Peso is Spanish for weight. As in price charged by
Old Mar 8th 2008, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Do Correos offer Discounts ?? & Euro Question

Originally Posted by andyrich666

Hi Andy,

Why don't you pm Fortaleza on this forum he had endless problems when he tried to bulk post about 3 years ago and the Correos would not accept resposibility or refund his costs!
Old Mar 8th 2008, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

CarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by big wheels
Errr. Peso is Spanish for weight. As in price charged by
oops !!! It was a bit late when I did this !! That's my excuse. Sorry.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Andy,

Why don't you pm Fortaleza on this forum he had endless problems when he tried to bulk post about 3 years ago and the Correos would not accept resposibility or refund his costs!
J&K Will do, thanks, On teh same score I can say many bad experiences with Royal Mail, but I will be interested in the comments and search the Forum