Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Disrespectful and Rude Woman

Disrespectful and Rude Woman

Old Jan 2nd 2016, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disrespectful and Rude Woman

The site wont let me reply using two quotes, keeps telling my message is too short by 1 character and even though I expanded my replies still will not allow me to post. So have removed quotes.
Clear English accent ..yes that would be what I would call a clear English accent, bool in mo' :-) Proper Queens English, the tour guide we had in Balaton Furid had taught herself English from watching the BBC news years ago mind when they spoke without abbreviations, slang proper grammar. Clear as a bell she was, great laugh on the tours.
Aye well could be a Scot or any nationality
I was taught that Scotch applied to inanimate items, people born in Scotland are Scots. It probably only matters to folk like me who that stick to what they were taught.
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tadd1966
Just come back from visiting some friends for lunch and a walk around urb La Herrada
A woman parks her car right on pedestrian crossing as we were approaching the junction, a comment was made between us along the lines of "that she wouldn't park on a crossing in the UK so why do it in Spain" (there were plenty of spaces to park) she overheard us and in front of her 2 young daughters she turned and shouted very aggressively "what the f*****g hell has it got to do with you" and walked into her house
Not a nice person
The police cars are often parked across pedestrian crossings, especially when they go for their evening " break " here in Benidorm
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I was taught that Scotch applied to inanimate items
I can think of many responses to that

But it is a New Year
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 9:19 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tebo53
The police cars are often parked across pedestrian crossings, especially when they go for their evening " break " here in Benidorm
Tread carefully !

First victim of Spain’s 'gag law' fined for criticising 'lazy' police - Telegraph
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 9:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
The site wont let me reply using two quotes, keeps telling my message is too short by 1 character and even though I expanded my replies still will not allow me to post. So have removed quotes.
Clear English accent ..yes that would be what I would call a clear English accent, bool in mo' :-) Proper Queens English, the tour guide we had in Balaton Furid had taught herself English from watching the BBC news years ago mind when they spoke without abbreviations, slang proper grammar. Clear as a bell she was, great laugh on the tours.
Aye well could be a Scot or any nationality
I was taught that Scotch applied to inanimate items, people born in Scotland are Scots. It probably only matters to folk like me who that stick to what they were taught.
It will but you have to have some of your reply after the last [/QUOTE] or it thinks you haven't replied.
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 9:26 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I can think of many responses to that

But it is a New Year
A comatosed Glaswegian for example ?
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 9:37 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit of a bugbear of mine - that because people are speaking English, it is inferred that they are English.

I've seen any number of altercations conducted in English between people of any and all nationalities and I'm certain that it contributes to the poor reputation of the English abroad.

I've even explained on occasion that the person doing the haranguing wasn't English - was German or Scandi or something - but you might as well save your breath - speaking English therefore English.

I suppose it's a downside of it being the universal language.

Last edited by jimenato; Jan 2nd 2016 at 10:46 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
A comatosed Glaswegian for example ?
Amongst many
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It will but you have to have some of your reply after the last
or it thinks you haven't replied.[/QUOTE]
All of my second reply was after the 2nd quote. IE First quote, replied after brackets, 2nd quote replied after brackets. I made sure I had plenty of space after quote before the replies as well. No matter I got there in the end.
Hahaha Fred I thought you might, I was going to add that a Scots person could be inanimate after too much Scotch :-)
jimento, yip one of mine also.
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps she has lived in Spain a long time and when in Spain do as the Spanish do? Seems like she's well established.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 8:54 am
Account Closed

Tadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond repute

For clarification (I am not an expert on all English accents)
She spoke with what I would call a southern accent (not cockney or Essex) certainly not northern or midlands or scouse or Scottish, Welsh or Irish and no hint of any foreign accent
One thing she was very rude in her response whether stressed or not and very very ignorant in parking on a crossing and there is NO excuse for anyone parking on a crossing. Not o mention what is she teaching her daughters?
Why do so many people have to use vulgar language it has become a real issue in society
Those who use this type of vulgar language in temper or in normal conversation simply show they really do belong on Jeremy Kyle and what little intelligence and lack of a reasonable spectrum of vocabulary to express themselves
Sadly the amount of women (of all ages) and children who now use this type of vulgar languages as part of their normal vocabulary is on the increase and they simply do not have the brains to stop. Do they think they are being clever or funny - NO simply rude, ignorant and THICK.
Nothing more unattractive than some woman spouting out the "F, P, C or B" words every 5 minutes anywhere
Yes many men use these words (still not good) but most have learnt when it is not appropriate.
I can honestly say I have never heard my Mother or my wife use vulgar language and my Father was very strict about the us of it. The first time I heard my father swear in the pub was when I was 21!
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

She spoke with what I would call a southern accent (not cockney or Essex) certainly not northern or midlands or scouse or Scottish, Welsh or Irish and no hint of any foreign accent
One thing she was very rude in her response whether stressed or not and very very ignorant in parking on a crossing and there is NO excuse for anyone parking on a crossing. Not o mention what is she teaching her daughters?
Why do so many people have to use vulgar language it has become a real issue in society
Those who use this type of vulgar language in temper or in normal conversation simply show they really do belong on Jeremy Kyle and what little intelligence and lack of a reasonable spectrum of vocabulary to express themselves
Sadly the amount of women (of all ages) and children who now use this type of vulgar languages as part of their normal vocabulary is on the increase and they simply do not have the brains to stop. Do they think they are being clever or funny - NO simply rude, ignorant and THICK.
Nothing more unattractive than some woman spouting out the "F, P, C or B" words every 5 minutes anywhere
Yes many men use these words (still not good) but most have learnt when it is not appropriate.
I can honestly say I have never heard my Mother or my wife use vulgar language and my Father was very strict about the us of it. The first time I heard my father swear in the pub was when I was 21!
very well said. I totally agree
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Contrary To Popular Belief, Swearing Can Be A Sign Of High Intelligence

Contrary To Popular Belief, Swearing Can Be A Sign Of High Intelligence - OMG Facts - The World's #1 Fact Source

People Who Curse All The Time Are Hotter, Confident And Less Stressed
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 10:12 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent post.

Many of the people using expletives all of the time do not even know that they are doing it. I am not excusing them at all just saying that they are not always self aware. I was working with one family who needed to "perform" better in meetings but it was difficult due to their language as everyone instantly judged them and ignored them. So one of the first conversations I had with them involved me saying FISH and FISHING throughout what I was saying (it was very difficult to maintain). They very politely told me that they did not understand what I was talking about due to me referring to fish all of the time, I sat silently for quite a while until the penny dropped. I then told them that I do not accept this sort of language so if they wanted my help they had to improve or I would walk out. They struggled but did manage to effect change.

At the next important meeting the man stared at me whilst he was talking and managed with only a couple of slipups. The chairperson organised the input that they needed as a family and asked the man why he had not said this at previous meetings and he sheepishly said that he had but now knew that they were not listening to him due to his language and he actually apologised.

Rosemary
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Did the woman speak like a graduate of Cheltenham Ladies College ? Probably not. She was almost certainly one of the lower orders with ideas above her station and a chip on her shoulder.