Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Was Disneyland originally planning an Pego in Valencia before Paris 'won'?

Was Disneyland originally planning an Pego in Valencia before Paris 'won'?

Old May 9th 2016, 10:34 am
Just Joined

miljee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Was Disneyland originally planning an Pego in Valencia before Paris 'won'?

Curious. A bloke at A Place In The Sun Expo in London says that was the case and that people bought/built villas on Monte Pego in anticipation?
Old May 9th 2016, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Was Disneyland originally planning an Pego in Valencia before Paris 'won'?

IN Pego- or more to the point, the flat, open agricultural plain between it and Denia?
Old May 9th 2016, 10:36 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was Disneyland originally planning an Pego in Valencia before Paris 'won'?

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 9th 2016, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks, Rosemary!

We're thinking about retiring to Spain (hence APITS expo!); we were talking with the Monte Pego guy there yesterday about what's happening to Monte Pego villa prices- and why, and he mentioned the Disneyland thing.

I have to say that it would've been a pity as the Pego region is lovely!
Old May 9th 2016, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

marcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the rough

I have heard it said that whilst Pego is an interesting town, the development Monte Pego has some problems, I believe in the services area and otherwise. Be very careful and have a good surveyor!
I have no personal knowledge of the MP Urb, merely passing on information gleaned.
Old May 9th 2016, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Thanks- to be honest, we wouldn't have bought in Monte Pego itself. We rented a villa there last summer, which was fine (just water outages a couple of times) but we got the impression that the maintenance wasn't what it might be, grass growing in the centre of the road in places, broken glass here and there, tennis court unusable, some peripheral roads petering out into pot-holed gravel tracks and so forth.

We were wondering if the reason was that a developer had gone in in the hope of Disneyland but 'lost heart' once it didn't materialise?
Old May 9th 2016, 6:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miljee
Thanks- to be honest, we wouldn't have bought in Monte Pego itself. We rented a villa there last summer, which was fine (just water outages a couple of times) but we got the impression that the maintenance wasn't what it might be, grass growing in the centre of the road in places, broken glass here and there, tennis court unusable, some peripheral roads petering out into pot-holed gravel tracks and so forth.

We were wondering if the reason was that a developer had gone in in the hope of Disneyland but 'lost heart' once it didn't materialise?
Monte Pego is huge and has been there for some time. We heard talk about Disneyland back in 2009ish. Our Photography group was based there at one point, and I never heard any complaints about the management ... especially as everyone pays service charges. It IS a sprawling big development though, and I'm not sure it would be something I would choose to live in.

A bit like Altea Hills a little further South ...... very big, and close together
Old May 11th 2016, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

The developer declared bankruptcy owing money to the local councils (most notably Pego). If I were buying in Monte Pego, I would be very careful exactly where I bought (i.e. whether in the Denia, Rafol or Pego sector), and would search for a second-hand property that had already been built, checking very carefully that it had the necessary paperwork. As far as I know there is no management fee and no service charges are levied, except for SUMA.
Old May 11th 2016, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Oh, that's interesting. I did note it seemed to be built across 3 different- zones? parishes? And was it the same developer, those blocks of flats standing half built on the hillsides just to the west of the villa development? We were trying to guess how long ago work had stopped on them!
Old May 11th 2016, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

It was all the same developer on Monte Pego I believe ...