British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Disney Costa Blanca? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/disney-costa-blanca-467660/)

Andy1l Jul 20th 2007 2:39 am

Disney Costa Blanca?

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this…

I was in a travel agency in Glasgow yesterday and I over heard the store manager talking to an employee about how Disney have bought a huge area of land on the Costa Blanca for a new Disney resort.

Is this true? Personally I find it hard to believe considering Disney already have a European resort, in Paris, although anything is possible I suppose.

Mitzyboy Jul 20th 2007 2:55 am

Re: Disney Costa Blanca?

Originally Posted by Andy1l (Post 5083014)

I was in a travel agency in Glasgow yesterday and I over heard the store manager talking to an employee about how Disney have bought a huge area of land on the Costa Blanca for a new Disney resort.

Is this true? Personally I find it hard to believe considering Disney already have a European resort, in Paris, although anything is possible I suppose.

There were rumours last year about them having talks about an area on the Costa Del Sol

Shivster Jul 20th 2007 4:00 am

It's going to be in Manilva, southern Spain.

mikeoc Jul 20th 2007 4:09 am

Originally Posted by Andy1l (Post 5083014)

There was an area close to Pego that lost out to Paris for the first Euro Disney, I haven't heard anything about them developing there

Mitzyboy Jul 20th 2007 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Shivster (Post 5083345)
It's going to be in Manilva, southern Spain.

Is that for definate?

mikeoc Jul 20th 2007 4:15 am

Disney are building something there, but no official release until January!!

sunlover27 Jul 24th 2007 12:16 am

Word has it on my part of the coast that they are building a disney academy at Estepona, Manilva is near there, to be opened in 2009, then they will build the park afterwards

silverchick Jul 24th 2007 12:30 am

just found this:http://www.propertyshowrooms.com/spa...ticle-709.html

jackytoo Jul 24th 2007 4:45 am

The Disney rumours have been going around Spain for 10 years, mainly started by estate agents! Usual format someone heard someone speaking about it in a bar/bank etc. I would think the buildings and golf courses being constructed around manilva they would find it difficult to have 200,000 m2 of land.

spaino Aug 8th 2007 5:45 am

Originally Posted by jackytoo (Post 5100095)
The Disney rumours have been going around Spain for 10 years, mainly started by estate agents! Usual format someone heard someone speaking about it in a bar/bank etc. I would think the buildings and golf courses being constructed around manilva they would find it difficult to have 200,000 m2 of land.

I remember it was talked about 'or rumoured' for the area at the back of La Cala (Valley and Hipodrome) area, this was a few years before it opened in France. The story was that the local town hall (Mijas I guess?) wouldn't ceed any land to Disney and those that where asked privately tried to get the arm in, the French government 'obviously using their heads' did see the benefit, so with dissapointment they went there. I can imagine this being true, as much as I love the Spanish they can be a little arrogant and shortsighted when it comes to seeing the benefits of giving something for free 'or at least the ones on the coast seem to be', can you imagine the revenue and work that it would have given to mainly the Spanish on Mijas Costa and surrounding area, in fact on the whole costa del sol it it where true 'then'?

ScotinSpain Aug 8th 2007 6:31 pm

They (mainly Estate Agents:sneaky:) have been talking about Disney in Manilva for six years to my knowledge, and probably many years before that. It's supposed to be an educational based facility for youngsters with a environmental basis, not a Paris type 'playground' for bored families.

Frankly the whole thing stinks of EA hype to promote property sales, with no basis in fact. After the financial nightmare of Paris, Disney would need to look very carefully about the infrastructure, medium term potential, stability of the local government etc. etc. and I very much doubt Manilva has it. Costa de la Luz most certainly does not have it.

Do not even consider buying on this promise of 'streets paved with gold'!

spaino Aug 8th 2007 7:41 pm

Don't know about helping property sales, as far I understand it is not something someone would want to be living near for various reasons.

Anyway, I am not saying it is true but I tripped over this on Google...

Sunday Times:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle706018.ece

Sam Greenfield Aug 9th 2007 5:30 am

Well i for one think its a great idea - i love anything disney and just think of the jobs - bring it on.
Love Sam

jackytoo Aug 9th 2007 5:54 am

It won't happen, it's been on the rounds for 10 years (to my knowing). Some agent actually attempted to point to my friend out the area of the map behind marbella where it was going to be. :thumbdown: It is a bit similar to all those footballers who are supposed to be buying in various developments.