British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Disability Living Allowance Update (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/disability-living-allowance-update-689255/)

crustycrab Oct 12th 2010 1:36 pm

Disability Living Allowance Update

Right as my last thread was closed due to various reasons. I am just updating for anyone who is genuinly interested.

Nearly 4 years after applying for DLA, my case is now with tribunal. 3 submissions have been sent from my legal advisor and 1 from the DWP. Legal advisor was going to attend but is now unable due to personal reasons and the DWP were going to send a representative but have pulled out.

Judge Jones from the Liverpool Tribunal will now on his own, this month, be making a decision on my claim based on all the facts and evidence before him. My appeal will not be heard before a panel and Judge Jones will be fitting in my case in his schedule this month as a matter of urgency.

So just a matter of waiting now.

VFR Oct 12th 2010 4:16 pm

Re: Disability Living Allowance Update

The best of luck :)

crustycrab Oct 12th 2010 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by playamonte (Post 8913571)
The best of luck :)

Thank you, I´ll post when I know.

scampicat Oct 12th 2010 6:58 pm

I hopeyou have a good result. :)

crustycrab Oct 12th 2010 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by scampicat (Post 8913842)
I hopeyou have a good result. :)

Thank you :)

crustycrab Oct 31st 2010 2:30 pm

Update. Claim for DLA has been seen by Judge Jones at Tribunal. Received email last week advising that I will receive notification by end of October, so am expecting a letter next week.

rose10 Nov 1st 2010 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by crustycrab (Post 8953127)
Update. Claim for DLA has been seen by Judge Jones at Tribunal. Received email last week advising that I will receive notification by end of October, so am expecting a letter next week.

Good luck, hope you get it, you certainly have a strong willpower, think i probably would have given up by now. Let us know how you get on.

crustycrab Nov 1st 2010 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by rose10 (Post 8955204)
Good luck, hope you get it, you certainly have a strong willpower, think i probably would have given up by now. Let us know how you get on.

I will do and thank you for your kind words xx

moving shortly Nov 8th 2010 4:31 pm

Any news CrustyCrab? They did promise a reply for you by the end of October.:thumbup:

dunmovin Nov 11th 2010 5:30 am

i'll wish you well CC, but at the same time, I would caution against alienating those could help you. You abused those who asked clarification of your circumstances(myself included), last time you posted. That, under any circumstances,does not endear you to anyone.

I constantly fail to understand why a human, who has better "reason ablity" than a wild animal would launch an attack on someone , who just asks for a reasonable explanation of circumstances would come back here and expect us "give smypathy"....would you like to explain that?

crustycrab Nov 11th 2010 6:54 am

Originally Posted by dunmovin (Post 8974739)
i'll wish you well CC, but at the same time, I would caution against alienating those could help you. You abused those who asked clarification of your circumstances(myself included), last time you posted. That, under any circumstances,does not endear you to anyone.

I constantly fail to understand why a human, who has better "reason ablity" than a wild animal would launch an attack on someone , who just asks for a reasonable explanation of circumstances would come back here and expect us "give smypathy"....would you like to explain that?

Thank you for your post. I will be posting the result as a private message to certain members who have been interested and helpful in my 4 year fight with the DWP and hope my information/result that I will give will help them directly.

I am not asking for "sympathy". When you say I have "abused" those who have asked for clarification. In my defence I am only repy to with retaliation to those who live in the "UK Bubble" and do not believe/understand that those British Citizens who live elsewhere in the EEU should even dare to apply for UK Benefits.

Please take time to read through my posts and (some) of the replies that I received and I am sure you would not be happy. Although I do not know if you can as I asked for my post to be closed.

I have been asked to participate in the EU Summitt in Brussels to tell my story, which I may do.

Mitzyboy Nov 11th 2010 7:06 am

Originally Posted by crustycrab (Post 8974841)
Thank you for your post. I will be posting the result as a private message to certain members who have been interested and helpful in my 4 year fight with the DWP and hope my information/result that I will give will help them directly.

Ok ... well if you are not going to share the results of what you started this thread for, shall I close it then?

JLFS Nov 11th 2010 7:17 am

Originally Posted by crustycrab (Post 8974841)

I am not asking for "sympathy". When you say I have "abused" those who have asked for clarification. In my defence I am only repy to with retaliation to those who live in the "UK Bubble" and do not believe/understand that those British Citizens who live elsewhere in the EEU should even dare to apply for UK Benefits.

Please take time to read through my posts and (some) of the replies that I received and I am sure you would not be happy. Although I do not know if you can as I asked for my post to be closed.

I have been asked to participate in the EU Summitt in Brussels to tell my story, which I may do.

You told us that with your condition travelling to the UK to defend your case was impossible, and yet you are considering going to Brussels to participate in a summit, and supposedly have to make 2 long journeys back to back. :confused::confused::confused:

crustycrab Nov 11th 2010 7:23 am

Originally Posted by JLFS (Post 8974882)
You told us that with your condition travelling to the UK to defend your case was impossible, and yet you are considering going to Brussels to participate in a summit, and supposedly have to make 2 long journeys back to back. :confused::confused::confused:

I am not travelling anywhere, see here we go again, just assuming. I am to write in with my story. Why do you attack before you have the facts?

crustycrab Nov 11th 2010 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 8974864)
Ok ... well if you are not going to share the results of what you started this thread for, shall I close it then?

See what I mean typical response for JLS or whatever the name was. The same people always jump to their own conclusions.
Close my thread, the appropriate people will be notified of my outcome. The moderators on this site are so bloody biased and clicky with certain posters. Actually I was told this by the last poster in a Private message and was told that you are always on the side of certain people.

Do what you will and let those that needed my outcome stay in the dark. be proud of yourself.