Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

digital receiver - Illusion Sat M23 Conax

digital receiver - Illusion Sat M23 Conax

Old Apr 20th 2008, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default digital receiver - Illusion Sat M23 Conax

found this receiver that we used to have plugged in to a small 80cm dis, til we changed over to the 1.9m for Sky

If I got another dish and got someone to hook it up, what freebie channels would I get (I know I wouldnt get sky) - I dont have any card with it

Thanks
Old Apr 20th 2008, 4:30 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: digital receiver - Illusion Sat M23 Conax

Originally Posted by spain
found this receiver that we used to have plugged in to a small 80cm dis, til we changed over to the 1.9m for Sky

If I got another dish and got someone to hook it up, what freebie channels would I get (I know I wouldnt get sky) - I dont have any card with it

Thanks
it would depend what satellite you point your dish to....

if you hook it to your 1.8 and it would get all the free channels on that - including bbc, itv and soon C4 (to a point as it may not be good at the weaker signals as a sky box). point a dish to other satellites and you get the free channels on them, but many have limited english language options.

use
http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html
http://www.lyngsat.com/astra19.html
http://www.lyngsat.com/hotbird.html
http://www.lyngsat.com/badr.html

these point to the most popular european satellite (others are around on that site). 28east is for uk and sky, astra 19 and hotbird are euopean, badr has a few middle east channels that have UK / US programming in english but with subtitles in arabic(?).

Channels are colour coded - free channels are in the cream colour and marked with an "F"....subscription channels are in the darker shade.

Last edited by The Guy; Apr 20th 2008 at 4:34 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Assuming you will point the dish at Astra 28º you would get all of the BBC and ITV channels plus (at the moment) Channel 4, some free old film channels and lots of news, shopping and religious channels plus hundreds of radio channels.

You would not be able to use it with a Sky card.

This web site will show the channels in detail:

http://www.wickonline.com/fta.htm
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

If by the sound of it it's got an embedded conax cam, then there could be some interesting encrypted channels available too on certain satellites with some research and a little know how