Digital certificates - on a Chromebook

Old Jan 31st 2023, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

cj65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Digital certificates - on a Chromebook

What email ?
Old Jan 31st 2023, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cj65
What email ?

When you register you have to give a contact phone number and an email that the certificate gets sent too (I dont have ours our solicitor and accountant have it)..
We had to go to the office in Benidorm and show our TIE and passports and they took the details and emailed the rest over...

Not tried to do it online...
Old Jan 31st 2023, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

What email ?
In our village we go to the Guadalinfo Office with a laptop. They then register via your laptop for the electronic certificate and give you a password. Then as Barry says you are sent an email with a P12 File attachment. keep that email so you can then open it from any other device you have, open the P12 file put in the password and it puts the electronic certificate on that new device, Android, Windows whatever.
Old Jan 31st 2023, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bobd22
In our village we go to the Guadalinfo Office with a laptop. They then register via your laptop for the electronic certificate and give you a password. Then as Barry says you are sent an email with a P12 File attachment. keep that email so you can then open it from any other device you have, open the P12 file put in the password and it puts the electronic certificate on that new device, Android, Windows whatever.
Thank you so much for reply I am new to Spain and don't know what the Guadalinfo office is ? I went to the town hall this morning and the they told me I had to do the application on my own pc then come back .So not helpful.
Old Jan 31st 2023, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for reply I am new to Spain and don't know what the Guadalinfo office is ? I went to the town hall this morning and the they told me I had to do the application on my own pc then come back .So not helpful.
The Guadalinfo Office is like a drop in sort of place with computers printers etc that you can use its run from the Townhall and quite common in Andalucia. Given the Townhall won't help you then you could try following this guide? I haven't used it but seems to give procedure to follow.
https://www.ageinspain.org/post/digi...tificate-guide

Old Jan 31st 2023, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Hello again yes I've followed that but problem is my Chromebook won't download the software to do the rest .That's the problem. Cj
Old Jan 31st 2023, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hello again yes I've followed that but problem is my Chromebook won't download the software to do the rest .That's the problem. Cj
OK I'm no computer expert however when I first got my certificate put on my old laptop it was running on Ubuntu which was Linux system. Once I got the P12 file I could use that on any system. So it's downloading onto your Chromebook that's the issue. That guide gives links to Windows, Macbook and 4 different Linux system downloads. Chromebook is Android which is actually a version of Linux. So maybe one of those Linux systems will allow you to download? There are 2 32 bit Linux links it won't be them as I would guess Chromebook is 64 Bit so may be worth trying either of the Linux 64 bit links? It may not work but worth trying.
Old Jan 31st 2023, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much will give that ago 😊
Old Jan 31st 2023, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Failing that if possible use a standard windows computer to do the initial download etc and get the email sent to your personal email. Open that email with the P12 file on your chromebook and put it on from there. Of course you would need access to a Windows computer to be able to do that so only useful if you have an old laptop or access to a friends.
Old Jan 31st 2023, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have just tried it from my Chromebook. Use the red Sed Elecronica link in the age in spain link. Once the opens up use the Linux 64 bit Deb link, let that download and then open up the downloaded file. It will take a few minutes to load the information. Once its loaded the information it will allow you to install. youn then follow the information from the age in Spain page.
Good luck
Old Jan 31st 2023, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just a point to note. Both myself and my wife have chromebooks which are the same model ASUS 314 however my wifes is higher spec than mine hers has touch screen and a better processor. As she recenly got hers this thread made me ask her if she had put the electronic certificate on hers which she hadnt. So we tried putting it on from her email. Strangley the file for hers is not P12 but its a PFX file. I can only assume thats because when she got the certificate she was using a Windows lap top. We could not open the file on ner chromebook but it would open and download on mine? Took a while but with internet research it turns out some Chromebooks will not recognise PFX files using Chrome Browser. However if you download the Firefox browser and open the PFX file from withing Firefox it opens and downloads no problem. You can then access secure sites using either Firefox or Chrome browser as the certificate is in the computer system.Just in case anyone else comes across this situation. Wonders of modern technology in the hands of those of us getting on a bit BAFFLING-
Old Feb 1st 2023, 8:00 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

dont beleive you
I don't care what you think - it's been on my mobile for several years (also renewed on there)
Old Feb 1st 2023, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I don't care what you think - it's been on my mobile for several years (also renewed on there)
Just out of interest whaty was the renewl procerdure as mine will need renewing next year-
Old Feb 1st 2023, 4:40 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Just out of interest whaty was the renewl procerdure as mine will need renewing next year-

For the first renewal, they sent me an email detailing what to do. If I remember it just 'updated' the old one (date wise) For the next one, I had to reapply as though I didn't already have one so I ended up with two on my phone - I deleted the old one of course.

Seems you can renew once (or twice) but then it needs a new one.
Old Feb 1st 2023, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by snikpoh
For the first renewal, they sent me an email detailing what to do. If I remember it just 'updated' the old one (date wise) For the next one, I had to reapply as though I didn't already have one so I ended up with two on my phone - I deleted the old one of course.

Seems you can renew once (or twice) but then it needs a new one.
Thanks for the information hopefully it will go well as it's useful to have .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.