Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Digital certificates - on a Chromebook

Digital certificates - on a Chromebook

Old Aug 14th 2022, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Digital certificates - on a Chromebook

One for geeks............Has anybody managed to install and use a Spanish digital certificate on a Chromebook ?

If so - how??!!
Old Aug 14th 2022, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Digital certificates - on a Chromebook

I have. I just did the same as putting it on any device. Opened the link I was sent when registered for it entered password and its on the device.
Old Aug 14th 2022, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, this is probably what I should have done, but I downloaded it to my old windows machine (where my first one was, this was a renewal) and thought I could import it to my Chromebook via a pen drive but that has been impossible despite messing around all morning. But good to know it works with a direct download.
Old Aug 14th 2022, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
Yes, this is probably what I should have done, but I downloaded it to my old windows machine (where my first one was, this was a renewal) and thought I could import it to my Chromebook via a pen drive but that has been impossible despite messing around all morning. But good to know it works with a direct download.
My wife had an issue with her digital certificate as she didn't seem to have an email sent like I did which I kept. The lad at our Gaudalinfo sorted it for her. He said go into your settings, into Security then find Manage Certificates and and you should find it in there. You can then copy that onto a stick or sd card and transfer it so long as you have the password. Worked perfect for my wife, good luck.
Old Aug 14th 2022, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If that doesn't work here's another link that may help
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...0click%20View.
Old Aug 16th 2022, 6:25 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

You could follow the instructions here. Slight difference is you need to use the "Your Certificates" tab instead of the "Authorities" tab.

If you get SSL warnings when visiting government websites you would also have to install the FNMT certificates using the "Authorities" tab (i.e. no changes to these instructions) if you also have a copy of those on your memory stick. Otherwise you could directly install those from the FNMT website.
Old Aug 16th 2022, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Great thanks I will give it a go.
Old Aug 16th 2022, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

The certificate .p12 file is platform neutral and I have copied it from PC to a Windows laptop, an Android phone, and Android tablet over my home network with no problems.

A Chromebook is essentially an Android device so it should not present any problems.

Barely qualifies as 'geeky'!
Old Nov 9th 2022, 9:47 am
Just Joined

rl56 is an unknown quantity at this point

What option from the fnmt.gob.es have people used to download the software in order to request the digital certificate pin. e.g. Trying to download their software to a Chromebook fails with any of the the 3 options. Windows, Mac or Linux as the downloaded file is not compatible with Chromebook. I also tried to download the software to a smart mobile phone and had the same issues. I was able to download to an old windows laptop which has windows 7 on it, but then when trying to request a pin etc the gov software replied "error" (but not what the error was) after I had supplied nie, email details and a password. I even asked a friend who has windows laptop to try and it also errored, him having downloaded the software and supplied password etc
Old Nov 9th 2022, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rl56
What option from the fnmt.gob.es have people used to download the software in order to request the digital certificate pin. e.g. Trying to download their software to a Chromebook fails with any of the the 3 options. Windows, Mac or Linux as the downloaded file is not compatible with Chromebook. I also tried to download the software to a smart mobile phone and had the same issues. I was able to download to an old windows laptop which has windows 7 on it, but then when trying to request a pin etc the gov software replied "error" (but not what the error was) after I had supplied nie, email details and a password. I even asked a friend who has windows laptop to try and it also errored, him having downloaded the software and supplied password etc
When you get the digital certificate you should have a file in. P12 format? If you have that you just run it and put in the password that you set up? Works fine on my chromebook. We got the village guadalinfo to set it up on our laptop he then emailed me the P12 file which I keep. On any new device I just run that file with the password and the certificate is added for that device.
Old Jan 31st 2023, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

cj65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Digital certificates - on a Chromebook

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
The certificate .p12 file is platform neutral and I have copied it from PC to a Windows laptop, an Android phone, and Android tablet over my home network with no problems.

A Chromebook is essentially an Android device so it should not present any problems.

Barely qualifies as 'geeky'!
On the site it say the software for androids isn`t completed yet come back later ??

Old Jan 31st 2023, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Can someone help me do it please I have a chromebook and none of downloads work
Old Jan 31st 2023, 1:28 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cj65
On the site it say the software for androids isn`t completed yet come back later ??
But I have been using digital signatures on my android devices for years - no issues at all
Old Jan 31st 2023, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by snikpoh
But I have been using digital signatures on my android devices for years - no issues at all
Me too including a new Chromebook. I simply go to the email which has the P12 file attachment open that file add the password that I got when I registered for the electronic certificate and it downloads the file. After that any site that asks for electronic certificate it opens up the certificate option click on your certificate button and thats it
Old Jan 31st 2023, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snikpoh
dont beleive you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.