Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Digi TV Dish perma-fix - Planning Needed ?

Digi TV Dish perma-fix - Planning Needed ?

Old Mar 29th 2010, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

HappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really nice
Default Digi TV Dish perma-fix - Planning Needed ?

OK this topic has come up before in various threads - Do you need to apply for planning to concrete in/site a 1.9+ Sat' & TV Dish in your garden / property in Spain (Actually Alicante / Costa Blanca).

I can't seem to get a definitive even from the local council... I don't think anyone has ever tried to apply or been tested for this - but the rumour mill gets you jittery sometimes !!

Anyone beed fined / chastised or even bothered to find out ?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Digi TV Dish perma-fix - Planning Needed ?

Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky
OK this topic has come up before in various threads - Do you need to apply for planning to concrete in/site a 1.9+ Sat' & TV Dish in your garden / property in Spain (Actually Alicante / Costa Blanca).

I can't seem to get a definitive even from the local council... I don't think anyone has ever tried to apply or been tested for this - but the rumour mill gets you jittery sometimes !!

You may need permission from the Urb president, also a small works licence from the townhall.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 4:00 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky

I think it depends on where you are. Some town halls require it, others dont. On communities / apparetments, you need permission from the community.

Although the best bit of advise is to try and screen it from view as best as you can so that others cannot complain. Planning permissions can be refused (if required in the first place!) if the position of the dish impacts on the views of others - although under the EU "guidelines" permission cannot be refused for an "undue" reason......whatever that means...but then they are also under no obligation to grant it either!

Last edited by The Guy; Mar 29th 2010 at 4:04 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Guy
I think it depends on where you are. Some town halls require it, others dont. On communities / apparetments, you need permission from the community.

Although the best bit of advise is to try and screen it from view as best as you can so that others cannot complain. Planning permissions can be refused (if required in the first place!) if the position of the dish impacts on the views of others - although under the EU "guidelines" permission cannot be refused for an "undue" reason......whatever that means...but then they are also under no obligation to grant it either!
But he is not just screwing it on the wall, he is putting it on a concrete base, def need small works licence.