Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A different view of Benidorm

A different view of Benidorm

Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:06 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A different view of Benidorm

Originally Posted by HBG
Benidorm is a strange place that I know very well. You’ve got that three-mile stretch of high rises bouncing with holidaymakers and a hinterland that never gets a mention in the tourist brochures. The mountain walks around Benidorm are amazing.

You can walk from Rincoln de Loix to Albir across an incredible mountain range, bordering the sea; inland from Finistrat you’re in mountain walkers heaven; and if you’re not impressed with Polop, you should stick to Blackpool (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

I would imagine that 99% of holidaymakers will never even get to see the cross above Rincoln de Loix, they’ll be happy enough dancing the night away in the Square and lying on the Levante Beach to get brown and recover their senses.

And the mountain walkers don’t spend near as much money as a stag party from Leeds.
There's some interesting unspoilt villages a little inland, a few kms.beyond Finestrat, virtually untouched by tourism and with pleasant walks, at least that was still the case last time I was over that way not so many years ago.