Diet in Spain

Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diet in Spain

Originally Posted by bil
Oh boy, gonna have to ask.

I presume your respective partners refuse to eat products from farms that shoot rabbits and so on?
Nah. Doesn't give a **** about animals. He just thinks vegetarianism is healthier for him. He kills slugs and snails too!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:53 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Nah. Doesn't give a **** about animals. He just thinks vegetarianism is healthier for him. He kills slugs and snails too!
There's a humerous but vulgar joke in there, but I will abstain.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest does your OH take vitamin supplements?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Just out of interest does your OH take vitamin supplements?
Yes he does. But before you ask he watches out for gelatine capsules etc and doesn't take glucosamine and the like.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:06 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he does. But before you ask he watches out for gelatine capsules etc and doesn't take glucosamine and the like.
Fish oil?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:06 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

For the past five weeks I’ve been ‘shadowing’ my wife’s diet, I’m too embarrassed to go to the weekly meetings because it’s all women who attend. At my unofficial weigh-in yesterday I found that I had lost 1.8 kilos in a week, she was green with envy but had lost some too.

I love the diet, I’ve got to eat more than I used to eat on a daily basis and struggle most days to fulfil my quota of 43 ‘pro points’. The portions are smaller than before but most of the things I have to eat are just what I like. Even chips and chocolate are allowed in small amounts.

I’ve only had about 30 pro points today, well short of my target and I’m trying to find out how many points are contained in a couple of bed time whiskeys. A UK government tot of whiskey is only two points according to the expensive instruction booklet.

So I can still make my target for today. Happy days.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bil
Fish oil?
goes without saying
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

goaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JLFS
I am Gallego.

I'm assuming you were brought up outside of galicia then.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:01 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goaty
I'm assuming you were brought up outside of galicia then.

Not all of my life and I do spend a lot of time there, and your point is????
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Oh boy, gonna have to ask.

I presume your respective partners refuse to eat products from farms that shoot rabbits and so on?
Don't even go there! Are you trying to make my life even more difficult?

Already he won't wear leather shoes or belts, carry a leather wallet, I wouldn't be able to buy a leather sofa even if I wanted to, and I've worn out countless pairs of my own leather shoes whilst walking miles trying to find a restaurant that serves any vegetarian food, especially when we're on holiday.

Now what did I ever do to you?

And yes, he does have to take Vitamin B supplements from time to time, a few years ago in the UK he consulted his GP because he had pins and needles in his fingers and was constantly tired. It transpired that this was due to Vit B12 deficiency which is common amongst vegetarians but takes up to 25 years to develop - about right in his case.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:50 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Don't even go there! Are you trying to make my life even more difficult?

Already he won't wear leather shoes or belts, carry a leather wallet, I wouldn't be able to buy a leather sofa even if I wanted to, and I've worn out countless pairs of my own leather shoes whilst walking miles trying to find a restaurant that serves any vegetarian food, especially when we're on holiday.

Now what did I ever do to you?

And yes, he does have to take Vitamin B supplements from time to time, a few years ago in the UK he consulted his GP because he had pins and needles in his fingers and was constantly tired. It transpired that this was due to Vit B12 deficiency which is common amongst vegetarians but takes up to 25 years to develop - about right in his case.

Well, I'm amused (?) by vegetarians who eat fish, while claiming they don't eat meat for moral reasons.

This is a bit similar to that.

My point is this. If you grow plants to eat, then you have to kill animals because if you don't, they will eat all your food, because each year there will be more of them. So vegetarians who are so careful not to kill anything, are by proxy killing all the fluffy bunnies. (My friend who is a farmer kills thousands of bunnies, pigeons and so on. If he didn't, he'd have no crops to sell.) So, here you have a pile of dead bunnies. What is wrong with eating them and wearing their fur?

We are basically plains apes evolved to eat an omniverous diet, which does include meat. No big surprise that if you eat an unnatural diet, you have health problems.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I don't disagree with you Bil, but I'm not even going to ask my OH the question in case it puts ideas into his head!

He is pretty scathing about people who call themselves vegetarians but eat fish and even chicken. He also says he doesn't understand my aversion to eating rabbit or horsemeat, and says if you want to eat animals you shouldn't differentiate between them on grounds of sentimentality, and that goes for dogs and cats too!

Apart from the B12 thing he doesn't have any other health problems though. In fact, in spite of drinking too much (IMO), smoking dope, not taking very much exercise and eating chips, lots of cheese and crisps, his blood pressure is lower than mine and he doesn't have high cholesterol either. Life is just sooooo unfair, it makes me sick!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

The only point I would make is that if vegetaraism is healthy you would not have to take supplements.
Thats the bit I just do not get.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bil
Well, I'm amused (?) by vegetarians who eat fish, while claiming they don't eat meat for moral reasons.

This is a bit similar to that.

My point is this. If you grow plants to eat, then you have to kill animals because if you don't, they will eat all your food, because each year there will be more of them. So vegetarians who are so careful not to kill anything, are by proxy killing all the fluffy bunnies. (My friend who is a farmer kills thousands of bunnies, pigeons and so on. If he didn't, he'd have no crops to sell.) So, here you have a pile of dead bunnies. What is wrong with eating them and wearing their fur?

We are basically plains apes evolved to eat an omniverous diet, which does include meat. No big surprise that if you eat an unnatural diet, you have health problems.
my husband is healthier than me. But yes, he does take the supplements.
He's no objection to me eating bunnies, sea maggots (prawns)anything I like.
And I do!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:48 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I don't disagree with you Bil, but I'm not even going to ask my OH the question in case it puts ideas into his head!

He is pretty scathing about people who call themselves vegetarians but eat fish and even chicken. He also says he doesn't understand my aversion to eating rabbit or horsemeat, and says if you want to eat animals you shouldn't differentiate between them on grounds of sentimentality, and that goes for dogs and cats too!

Apart from the B12 thing he doesn't have any other health problems though. In fact, in spite of drinking too much (IMO), smoking dope, not taking very much exercise and eating chips, lots of cheese and crisps, his blood pressure is lower than mine and he doesn't have high cholesterol either. Life is just sooooo unfair, it makes me sick!
As Johnnyone said, if vegetarianism is so damn healthy, how come supplements are needed?

I couldn't kill and eat a pig that I had reared and fed, just like I couldn't kill a dog. Cats, well, if you aren't a cat person, then they are basically just roof rabbits.

Horse is good, but again, they are so intelligent that killing one would not seem right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.