Diet in Spain

Old Feb 15th 2011, 1:59 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diet in Spain

Originally Posted by JLFS
There will always be fad diets in both countries, I have heard a group of Spanish girls talking about trying a "great diet".

Just eat one type of food every day, as much as you want, but only 1 thing a day.

You can have a chips day,
a chocolate day
Steak day.
cheese day.

There were all rearing to go and we just working out what the would all start with the following day.

CRANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cranks doesn't even come close. Fad diets are for fools.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:43 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

There will always be fad diets in both countries, I have heard a group of Spanish girls talking about trying a "great diet".

Just eat one type of food every day, as much as you want, but only 1 thing a day.

You can have a chips day,
a chocolate day
Steak day.
cheese day.

There were all rearing to go and we just working out what the would all start with the following day.

CRANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don’t know about cranky. My wife has tried a Spanish diet class for years – she attends weekly for around six weeks, doesn’t lose as much as she wants to, and gives up for another year.

It’s very professionally run and costs a fortune. A proper Spanish doctor and nurse run the course, each ‘patient’ gets a proper examination each week, as well as the weigh-in, and everybody gets a weekly diet sheet which must be strictly adhered to.

It can be mostly fish for one week, followed by vegetables the next week, then meats, and even slimming bread. It works somewhat but can be painful and expensive. My wife loves the Gambas and shellfish week, but every day? And they don’t come cheap.

I think the course is called Ceome and big cities have them.

They also arrange liposuction, but that’s another (expensive) story.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:58 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I don’t know about cranky. My wife has tried a Spanish diet class for years – she attends weekly for around six weeks, doesn’t lose as much as she wants to, and gives up for another year.

It’s very professionally run and costs a fortune. A proper Spanish doctor and nurse run the course, each ‘patient’ gets a proper examination each week, as well as the weigh-in, and everybody gets a weekly diet sheet which must be strictly adhered to.

It can be mostly fish for one week, followed by vegetables the next week, then meats, and even slimming bread. It works somewhat but can be painful and expensive. My wife loves the Gambas and shellfish week, but every day? And they don’t come cheap.

I think the course is called Ceome and big cities have them.

They also arrange liposuction, but that’s another (expensive) story.
Sounds like the "red day, green day" (was it weight watchers?) diet........no wonder she wasn't happy with the weight she lost.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bil
They do say that most diabetics are diagnosed by chiropodists.

Here is a link to the common symptoms of types 1 and 2 diabetes and should be especially interesting to those here who may already be experiences some of the symptoms (none of which are feet related)..

http://www.webmd.boots.com/diabetes/...betes-symptoms.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I received my copy of a glossy magazine I get on subscription from the UK today (just one of the little treats I still have to indulge in!) and read about a dieting tip some of you struggling to lose weight might be interested in.

The writer claimed to have lost 2.5kg in a month by drinking 1 teaspoonful of apple cider vinegar with 300 ml of warm water, one drink first thing in the morning and another in the early evening. Apparently it works by speeding up the metabolism and acting as a natural appetite suppressant.

I have no idea whether it works or not, and if it does it could be because it tastes so nasty it puts you off your food , but it doesn't sound as if it could do any harm so might be worth a try. I wouldn't think someone could lose weight by doing this and still carrying on eating loads of burgers, crisps, cream cakes and suchlike, though.

If someone has done the same slimming course several times and not succeeded in losing the weight, it clearly isn't working and I wouldn't waste any more money on it. Liposuction is not the answer to permanent weight loss either, if you had it and then didn't follow a sensible diet and exercise regime you would just regain the weight.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Here is a link to the common symptoms of types 1 and 2 diabetes and should be especially interesting to those here who may already be experiences some of the symptoms (none of which are feet related)..

http://www.webmd.boots.com/diabetes/...betes-symptoms.
And if you carry on by reading the next article to this link, you will see that it says

"Type 2 diabetes is not usually diagnosed until health complications have occurred ..."

That is where the issues affecting feet come into it and indeed eyes for that matter, and why it is often chiropodists or opticians who alert patients to the fact that something is wrong.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 5:35 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I received my copy of a glossy magazine I get on subscription from the UK today (just one of the little treats I still have to indulge in!) and read about a dieting tip some of you struggling to lose weight might be interested in.

The writer claimed to have lost 2.5kg in a month by drinking 1 teaspoonful of apple cider vinegar with 300 ml of warm water, one drink first thing in the morning and another in the early evening. Apparently it works by speeding up the metabolism and acting as a natural appetite suppressant.

I have no idea whether it works or not, and if it does it could be because it tastes so nasty it puts you off your food , but it doesn't sound as if it could do any harm so might be worth a try. I wouldn't think someone could lose weight by doing this and still carrying on eating loads of burgers, crisps, cream cakes and suchlike, though.

If someone has done the same slimming course several times and not succeeded in losing the weight, it clearly isn't working and I wouldn't waste any more money on it. Liposuction is not the answer to permanent weight loss either, if you had it and then didn't follow a sensible diet and exercise regime you would just regain the weight.
I reckon you are right, and that as a drink would make you feel so foul you would lose appetite.

I have heard it said that if you take a group of weight watchers, you will find a worryingly high % of them have been on it before. Two things spring to mind.

1. If there was a weight reduction scheme that enabled you to keep the weight off after reaching your goal, there would be little if any obese people around.

2. Unless you have the kind of metabolism that renders dieting unnecessary, or you have no interest in food, there really is only two options. Either you live on a restricted diet for the rest of your life, or you enjoy your food and end up carrying excess weight.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 5:36 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Lynn R
And if you carry on by reading the next article to this link, you will see that it says

"Type 2 diabetes is not usually diagnosed until health complications have occurred ..."

That is where the issues affecting feet come into it and indeed eyes for that matter, and why it is often chiropodists or opticians who alert patients to the fact that something is wrong.
Thanks for posting that Lynn. The tragedy is that some people just post to score points, and don't actually read about what they post.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 5:58 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I have a cousin and have lost count of the number of diets she has been on. Evertime she ends up fatter than before, eg. lose 4 kilo and 6 months later she has put on 7 kilo. She has got fatter and fatter in the last 10 years.

Best not to do fad diets, just makes you crave for forbidden foods. The cider vinegar one I did about 20+ years ago, at least it's cheap and can't do any harm. Just eat less of everything and if you can get a diet version like diet drink etc. buy them. It is a lot easier to lose 2 kilo than let it get out of hand and be 10K overweight.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:29 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I have a cousin and have lost count of the number of diets she has been on. Evertime she ends up fatter than before, eg. lose 4 kilo and 6 months later she has put on 7 kilo. She has got fatter and fatter in the last 10 years.

Best not to do fad diets, just makes you crave for forbidden foods. The cider vinegar one I did about 20+ years ago, at least it's cheap and can't do any harm. Just eat less of everything and if you can get a diet version like diet drink etc. buy them. It is a lot easier to lose 2 kilo than let it get out of hand and be 10K overweight.
That's very good advice. I once worked out the calorie input from drinks in the summer, and it's enough to make you soil yourself. I stick to diet versions or water, tho I have to admit a lot of diet beers taste like wee.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

goaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant future

Another point, is that Andaluca has the most obese people in Spain followed by Galicia. Which I do find strange considering that it is often said that in the hot climate people eat more healthy, lighter food.

In Galicia, I know, nearly everything is fried, and not a great deal of veg is eaten, but what is the excuse in Andalucia, could it be that all the, always referred to (on this site) pie eating Brtis are adding to the numbers, and giving a distored view as to the fat map of Spain.

http://www.lne.es/gijon/2010/10/16/d...as/981071.html
Galicians are fat because they eat a tonne of food for every serving, lots of potatos, meat, seafood, thats because of historical reasons when galicians suffered hunger, they sort of went into "we're having that again" mode.

Everything is not at all fried in galicia, where have you been eating????

Many Andalucians are poorly educated, they eat more processed foods with tonnes of calories. Andalucia can be cold and cool for months so they dont eat salads all year around. They are lazy too, let me know if you see an andaluz on a bike.
ok so these are generalisations of course
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:54 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by goaty
Galicians are fat because they eat a tonne of food for every serving, lots of potatos, meat, seafood, thats because of historical reasons when galicians suffered hunger, they sort of went into "we're having that again" mode.

Many Andalucians are poorly educated, they eat more processed foods with tonnes of calories. Andalucia can be cold and cool for months so they dont eat salads all year around. They are lazy too, let me know if you see an andaluz on a bike.
I was just going to say that I know several Andaluz bikers.....
Old Feb 15th 2011, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goaty

And I couldn't repeat on here what the Andalucians have to say about the Galicians......
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visit to Uk

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Or increse your cardio, personaly I'm cardiophobic so I'm with you on analizing foods.
Late reply to this one. But I've never come across anyone else who admits to being "cardiophobic". Hello!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I reckon you are right, and that as a drink would make you feel so foul you would lose appetite.

I have heard it said that if you take a group of weight watchers, you will find a worryingly high % of them have been on it before. Two things spring to mind.

1. If there was a weight reduction scheme that enabled you to keep the weight off after reaching your goal, there would be little if any obese people around.

2. Unless you have the kind of metabolism that renders dieting unnecessary, or you have no interest in food, there really is only two options. Either you live on a restricted diet for the rest of your life, or you enjoy your food and end up carrying excess weight.
You've missed a third and the best option; work hard, play hard

That means eat and enjoy all the foods you like, but play enough sport to make sure you burn it all off

Works for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.