Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

diabetic in alicante

diabetic in alicante

Old Mar 9th 2011, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

andie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really nice
Default Re: diabetic in alicante

Originally Posted by The Oddities
OH has just looked up insulin pumps in Spain on a search engine and found that a 8 year old had one in 1999 so it shows that they definitely do have them.

Rosemary
Rosemary u are a star! thanks so much for all your help my mind is at ease now xx
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:02 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Hi, Where abouts in Alicante are you ?
There is a private chappy in El Campello, expensive but speaks perfect English.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 11:07 am
Just Joined

friar tuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am diabetic, type 2, but underweight and quite young. I am on nearly the max allowed tablets and have a mum and two brothers on insulin.

We are hoping to move to Spain in the near future and I have priced metformin/gliclazide into my budget but I wonder if anyone who pays for insulin could give me a rough monthly cost. I am well under retirement age but will hopefully not have to work so won't qualify for the free meds.

Thanks

Friar tuck
Old Mar 11th 2011, 11:12 am
Just Joined

andie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really nice

Originally Posted by andie.po
Rosemary u are a star! thanks so much for all your help my mind is at ease now xx
Im in Gran Via a new development, is it close to El Campello? I have privet health insurance will that cover visits to him?
Old Mar 11th 2011, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

alig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Grebo
Hi, Where abouts in Alicante are you ?
There is a private chappy in El Campello, expensive but speaks perfect English.
Grebo, could you PM me his details please? Always useful to have a local doctor's number on hand.

Thanks

Last edited by alig2010; Mar 11th 2011 at 1:34 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 2:01 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Im in Gran Via a new development, is it close to El Campello? I have privet health insurance will that cover visits to him?
No not that close.

Alig, pm sent.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:28 am
Just Joined

CampelloChris is an unknown quantity at this point

Gran Via circles the city of Alicante - if you are near a tram station you can (by way of a change of tram) get to Campello quite easily.

If you are near the Avenida Denia end (near the Burger King/PlazaMar shopping centre) you can get the number 21 bus which goes to Campello)

If you will be driving, Campello is no more than about ten minutes from Gran Via.

I think that someone who has mentioned a chap in Campello must be talking about Dr. Bueno - he has a clinic on C/- San Bartolome (the main street down near the beach end of town) Their number is 965632929 (the receptionist is from Northern Ireland and therefore speaks English. She should be able to answer your questions regarding your private health insurance too. The email address for Policlinica (their surgery) is [email protected]