British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   DGT Unveils Guardia Civil’s New Weapon (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/dgt-unveils-guardia-civil%E2%80%99s-new-weapon-949845/)

spainrico Nov 19th 2023 6:48 am

DGT Unveils Guardia Civil’s New Weapon

https://euroweeklynews.com/2023/11/1...ls-new-weapon/

Mark604 Nov 19th 2023 6:54 am

Re: DGT Unveils Guardia Civil’s New Weapon

There's a layby near me where over the years I've often seen an unmarked speed camera car. Never thought to even look at the number plate.

olivefarmer Nov 20th 2023 10:39 pm

I saw one of these a few years back at a petrol station on the A92.An old tatty Fiat estate. What alerted me to it was the tech in the grill and bulky stuff over the dashboard line. So I had a walk around it after the two “ officers “ got out. It was full of stuff. At that point a marked guardia civil car parked next to it and the two officers joined the others for a full Spanish breakfast.

Barriej Nov 21st 2023 7:22 am

Originally Posted by spainrico (Post 13226863)

This isn't new as there is a plain car sat in the run off on the Cv70 going from the first La Nucia roundabout towards Benidorm.
It's there most mornings from about 7:30am till 10am or when they get bored and they then go to the cafe where I sometimes have an early coffee and tomato toast...
My FIL has been caught there twice this year....

keithBT Nov 22nd 2023 10:46 am

Originally Posted by olivefarmer (Post 13227117)
I saw one of these a few years back at a petrol station on the A92.An old tatty Fiat estate. What alerted me to it was the tech in the grill and bulky stuff over the dashboard line. So I had a walk around it after the two “ officers “ got out. It was full of stuff. At that point a marked guardia civil car parked next to it and the two officers joined the others for a full Spanish breakfast.

Full Spanish Brekky ??? Is there such a thing ? I've only ever seen tostadas & coffee in cafes ? I don't think they do eggs & bacon as such.

growinspain Nov 22nd 2023 9:07 pm

you have to be joking!!!

Almuerzo is huge.... including alcohol....

Then they go back to work....

bfg69bug Nov 23rd 2023 11:48 am

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 13227298)
Full Spanish Brekky ??? Is there such a thing ? I've only ever seen tostadas & coffee in cafes ? I don't think they do eggs & bacon as such.

"full" .. as in complete with drinks...

olivefarmer Nov 24th 2023 7:10 am

That is the one.

After all these years , I still find it astonishing.

bfg69bug Nov 28th 2023 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by olivefarmer (Post 13227615)
That is the one.

After all these years , I still find it astonishing.

We dont see it much "on the coast" (yes, im in alhaurin / cartama, 20 -30 km from the coast).. but when im in antequera, mollina, estepa, casariche, seville, granada.. its "normal" to seee GC agents in the bar at 0600 having a "sol y sombra" with their pitufo or toastada con tomate.

a sad fact of spanish life. They are the ones with the speed guns and alcohol tests, yet if they were asked, i bet they wouldnt pass.

VEDShappy Nov 30th 2023 8:29 am

I used to live in a small town inland from Valencia. It didn’t have a Guardia barracks but every Saturday morning the road near one bar would be full of their vehicles, vans, cars, bikes and the local Police cars.
They would be there for an hour. I once went in, purely out of curiosity (!) and was astonished at the number of glasses on the bar.
I'm sure that it continues still.