Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Desperately Seeking to rehome Beautiful Cat

Desperately Seeking to rehome Beautiful Cat

Old Aug 19th 2013, 3:29 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
almostbroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Desperately Seeking to rehome Beautiful Cat

Beautiful, 2 year old male tabby cat, neutered, extremely affectionate, talks a lot and will go for walks with you! He needs to be rehomed by Sept. 15th. He was a stray who wandered into my garden and even tho I was already on my way to leaving Spain, I couldnt ignore him and started to care for him....now I need to find someone to give him a good home...please, please help if you can, or if you know anyone who might be interested. Alicante area.
almostbroke is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2013, 3:30 am
  #2  
MODERATOR
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Costa Valencia
Posts: 14,815
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desperately Seeking to rehome Beautiful Cat

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Rosemary is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2013, 3:36 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
almostbroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Desperately Seeking to rehome Beautiful Cat

Thank you....
almostbroke is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2013, 9:06 am
  #4  
Account Closed
 
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 1,176
IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desperately Seeking to rehome Beautiful Cat

Good luck with that one. I mean that sincerely.
As I'm sure you're aware, Spain seems to have a very different attitude to animal welfare to that of the UK.
A Spanish neighbour moved away just the other day. He took the dog with him but left his two cats behind!(Mother cat and her kitten).
His dog was always left outside, rain or shine, and yapped his head off from morning til night.
The poor cats are now being taken care of by the other neighbours. We all put food out and one very kind lady has had the kitten de-sexed.
Down the road from where I live, there are many cats and kittens living by the bins. It's always very sad to see as I love animals.
I hope you find a home for your cat but please, what ever you do, if an owner doesn't come forward, don't just leave it behind. Take it to a cats home and if it's as special as you say, someone might take it home
IamStu is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2013, 6:44 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
almostbroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Desperately Seeking to rehome Beautiful Cat

Originally Posted by IamStu
Good luck with that one. I mean that sincerely.
As I'm sure you're aware, Spain seems to have a very different attitude to animal welfare to that of the UK.
A Spanish neighbour moved away just the other day. He took the dog with him but left his two cats behind!(Mother cat and her kitten).
His dog was always left outside, rain or shine, and yapped his head off from morning til night.
The poor cats are now being taken care of by the other neighbours. We all put food out and one very kind lady has had the kitten de-sexed.
Down the road from where I live, there are many cats and kittens living by the bins. It's always very sad to see as I love animals.
I hope you find a home for your cat but please, what ever you do, if an owner doesn't come forward, don't just leave it behind. Take it to a cats home and if it's as special as you say, someone might take it home

Thank you for your good wishes.....I know the owner wont come forward as its over a year since the cat was abandoned first, and it was me who got him neutered.... I've had someone feed him on my behalf as well since I left around that time, and I've only been back for a few short visits, but now my departure is more permanent.
almostbroke is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2013, 10:26 am
  #6  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
fionamw's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: near Colmenar, Prov de Malaga
Posts: 5,174
fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desperately Seeking to rehome Beautiful Cat

Originally Posted by almostbroke
Thank you for your good wishes.....I know the owner wont come forward as its over a year since the cat was abandoned first, and it was me who got him neutered.... I've had someone feed him on my behalf as well since I left around that time, and I've only been back for a few short visits, but now my departure is more permanent.
Just don't take it to the cat equivalent of a pound... better to contact one of the animal rescue groups/charities., there are several/many on (whisper it) facebook.
fionamw is offline  
Old Aug 21st 2013, 5:16 am
  #7  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 977
Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desperately Seeking to rehome Beautiful Cat

We have one here in Javea and it is very active. So if you PM me I will ask for you.
Porth is offline  
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:47 am
  #8  
Sue
BE Co-Founder
 
Sue's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2000
Location: Florida
Posts: 25,928
Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desperately Seeking to rehome Beautiful Cat

Wishing you the best of luck finding the kitty a good home. And thanks to the other members who have made some helpful suggestions.
Sue is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 8:05 am
  #9  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
almostbroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Desperately Seeking to rehome Beautiful Cat

Originally Posted by fionamw
Just don't take it to the cat equivalent of a pound... better to contact one of the animal rescue groups/charities., there are several/many on (whisper it) facebook.
Thank you, Fiona....
almostbroke is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 8:06 am
  #10  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
almostbroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Desperately Seeking to rehome Beautiful Cat

Originally Posted by Porth
We have one here in Javea and it is very active. So if you PM me I will ask for you.
Thank you....
almostbroke is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 8:09 am
  #11  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
almostbroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Desperately Seeking to rehome Beautiful Cat

Originally Posted by Sue
Wishing you the best of luck finding the kitty a good home. And thanks to the other members who have made some helpful suggestions.
Thank you, Sue.....
almostbroke is offline  
Old Aug 30th 2013, 7:07 am
  #12  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
almostbroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Desperately Seeking to rehome Beautiful Cat

Just to let you all know that I've been offered a new home for Tiger! My heartfelt thanks to Daveinspain for arranging this for me!
almostbroke is offline  
Old Aug 30th 2013, 10:12 am
  #13  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Devon- via Liverpool - Now Shawnigan Lake Bc
Posts: 501
luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Desperately Seeking to rehome Beautiful Cat

Originally Posted by almostbroke
Just to let you all know that I've been offered a new home for Tiger! My heartfelt thanks to Daveinspain for arranging this for me!
oh that's really good
luvmeboys is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.