Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Derailing posts from Spanish Economy thread.

Derailing posts from Spanish Economy thread.

Old May 4th 2014, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Derailing posts from Spanish Economy thread.

Originally Posted by jackytoo
These type of threads always seem to have a kind of desperation to them. Someone's opened a blah blah business etc. tourism is up, people are spending more..
Whistling in the dark?

Last edited by BEVS; May 5th 2014 at 10:27 pm. Reason: undeleted for the purpose of this thread .
Old May 5th 2014, 8:58 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish economy

Originally Posted by BEVS
However , this is a brand new thread to discuss the topic of the Spanish economy, so let's move forward with this rather than looking back to old failed threads.

I shouldn't need to write this but I will. All POVs are valid & that is also regardless of where the poster lives in the world.

For my own part, I am hoping it will be an interesting and enlightening thread to read. I am far away on the other side of the world, but the recovery, or not , of EU countries is in my sights also as we may well not stay at the bottom of the world forever.
Fair enough but if all POVs are valid why has one above been deleted

I look forward to seeing how it will go. The Mods didn't seem to be reading the last one when I posted some negative job figures on the closed one. Seems we already have a POV that only positive is ok
Old May 5th 2014, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

I look forward to seeing how it will go. The Mods didn't seem to be reading the last one when I posted some negative job figures on the closed one. Seems we already have a POV that only positive is ok
Must admit I felt the same when reading that, I merely said "whistling in the dark" ie talking the game up,putting on a brave front, but it's unlikely to happen anytime soon" To say all POV's are valued seems a tad strange when we seem to have had more posts deleted than I can ever remember here.
Old May 5th 2014, 1:10 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't referring to you at all Stu...that's what is the problem with this new over-moderation. If I mentioned his name and posted some examples of his links I would be accused of getting personal.
Old May 5th 2014, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't referring to you at all Stu...that's what is the problem with this new over-moderation. If I mentioned his name and posted some examples of his links I would be accused of getting personal.
Sorry J2...I misunderstood!
Old May 5th 2014, 1:23 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Threads are only closed as a last resort when posters behave in an infantile manner and start to snipe at each other they are not closed regarding whether posts are negative or positive about the subject matter.

Rosemary
Old May 5th 2014, 6:17 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

In that case you have completely misinterpreted and misunderstood what is being asked of the posters and you disappoint me
Old May 5th 2014, 6:33 pm
Banned

I am disappointed too. I thought it was a case of anything goes on this PDT. I have withstood being called a twat, idiot, moron and other terms, never reported the crap and now suddenly someone has thrown their toys out of the pram and we can't get personal

Stu was confused too and if it had been in normal times I would have just have said Stevie was linking to his mates websites which were into the business of bugging up Spain
Old May 5th 2014, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am disappointed too. I thought it was a case of anything goes on this PDT. I have withstood being called a twat, idiot, moron and other terms, never reported the crap and now suddenly someone has thrown their toys out of the pram and we can't get personal
There's a lot going on behind the scenes here, it seems, am I the only one in the dark?
Old May 5th 2014, 7:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Stu was confused too and if it had been in normal times I would have just have said Stevie was linking to his mates websites which were into the business of bugging up Spain
And whats wrong with that?
As I said, you have misunderstood what we are asking

I have come to your aid with posts you mentioned above many a time, but for some reason you seem to think I favour other posters. No, I'm actually trying to pull things away from bannings because to be honest if it was left to others theres a couple of people here who would be on holiday. You wouldnt know for instance of the stern pm I sent to a number of posters to avert disaster this last week.

But if you like, I'll just leave it to others and let things run their course
Ive tried, because I'm a patient man, but frankly I'm just (personally) getting fed up of it now
Old May 5th 2014, 8:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by agoreira
There's a lot going on behind the scenes here, it seems, am I the only one in the dark?
I am in the dark too...if anyone calls me thick I shall report them for getting personal judging by the lack of posts I think a few more posters are too
Old May 5th 2014, 10:22 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Derailing posts from Spanish Economy thread.

Right then.

I don't think the message from Mitz and Sue is getting through to some of you.

The PdT has mutated into something quite unpleasant. A slum of bubbling unpleasantness which pollutes the Spain area for everyone & under which the original purpose & voice of the PdT is being drowned.

It was never intended as a place to throw slime balls at each other. To make cheap cracks at the expense of other posters. To vent bile at others. A place where posters feared to tred. It was a place for everyone to air strong views .

So . What are the choices here?

1 - Obvious, easy one. Lose it with nothing to replace it. However, the main Spain forum isn't a place for such threads. Most , if not all, of the posters here prefer not to step outside of the Spain forum area in general , to use the TIO or Lounge for instance. So those that like to strongly air their views would be stuffed. They lose the facility which Mitz kindly created .

2 - There is a strong effort to attempt to regenerate it. Cut out the rot. Block the festering boils of old, in the hope of re-enlivening the place back to a healthy debating and discussion platform for everyone.

I have come to the UK, European and Malaysian forums as a moderator recently. It's to help spread the collective BE mod load around . I currently have the time where others may not due to real life. So, I come with completely fresh eyes.

I'm not interested in who flung dung at who in the past. That goes for anyone, anywhere on BE. I'm interested in the here and now.

This doesn't mean that I disregard the dynamics. The glue that holds a community together. Those that are part of the fabric of the Spain forums. I can quite see that most all of the Spain posters are lovely helpful people to be valued.

It is just the canker posts in the PdT that need to go.

Until that is achieved, expect mod eyeballs looking in ready with chain-saws, lump hammers & buckets of anti-septic.

Final note about me.
I am who I am and that manifests in the mod that I am. I have patience but my Mum always said I cannot suffer fools. I believe her. She was my wise old Mum.
Old May 7th 2014, 10:11 am
Banned

I thought this was a closed thread, can I ask what is the purpose of this thread clearly we cannot discuss action by mods so is it just that two of us have been singled out.

I would like to point out in my defence that I was on holiday during the last bust up and only popped in a couple of times all week and noticed all the deleted posts. I just commented it was like A Kafka novel. I genuinely was in the dark, is it against the rules to say so without being accused of hidden messages

Anyway I think we were right the new new swinging thread about the economy seems to be off to a bumpy start, just repetition of the closed one déjà vu.

So what is the point of this thread....anyone
Old May 7th 2014, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Strange how people cannot engage in positive debate. Something lacking in British society or schooling ?
Old May 7th 2014, 10:25 am
Banned

Strange how some can never even debate at all except to sleer and snide at other peoples posts. Take it you have no idea as to the purpose of this thread then either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.