Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

dentist Oliva/Gandia

dentist Oliva/Gandia

Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default dentist Oliva/Gandia

any recommendations ?

must be good with VERY nervous patients
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Danemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: dentist Oliva/Gandia

Yes! Our one is excellent and is right opposite the car park to the railway station in Gandia so very easy to find. I´ll just go get her number. They are two sisters, Fatima and Carol and both are lovely, lovely girls and are soooo gentle. They even managed to calm down my OH who hadn´t been for 10 years and was literally sweating when he first put his bum in the seat! Back in a mo....
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Danemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the rough

Okie Dokie.... tel number is 96 295 0829. You might have a bit of a wait but they are WELL worth it! They are Spanish but do try and help with the lingo a bit if you have problems explaining. They were recommended to us by our Spanish friends and I have to say I am delighted with them. The prices are great compared to the UK, too!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:42 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

How difficult will it be to explain to them, and for them to explain to you treatment when you are presently challenged with the language as I am?
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

I think to a certain extent dentists can SEE what the problem is if you point to the general area and make painful type noises... it´s not like a doctor where a lot of problems are internal and can be due to a number of reasons (if you see what I mean).

Failing that, I would suggest taking out membership with Pass the Phone who do instant translations over the phone for you and that is exactly the sort of thing they deal with..
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danemad
Okie Dokie.... tel number is 96 295 0829. You might have a bit of a wait but they are WELL worth it! They are Spanish but do try and help with the lingo a bit if you have problems explaining. They were recommended to us by our Spanish friends and I have to say I am delighted with them. The prices are great compared to the UK, too!
thanks, will pass the info on

Last edited by spain; Feb 6th 2007 at 11:00 am. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:07 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Failing that, I would suggest taking out membership with Pass the Phone who do instant translations over the phone for you and that is exactly the sort of thing they deal with..
Not heard of it .... what / where is it?
I've worked on the basis it will take an older git like me several years to communicate properly, thats why I took our private med insurance for a while
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Of course it will take you a bit longer... totally understandable and as long as you are trying people can´t fault you for it but there will always be times when you can´t cope... unless you are fluent.. eg at the garage trying to explain the weird noise your car is making... at the doctor´s telling them about such and such a pain and calling a company who doesn´t have English speaking operators... forget it! Phone calls are the hardest thing to cope with.

Pass the Phone don´t have offices that you can walk in to, they operate totally by phone (hence the name).... I can PM you their website and phone number so that you can have a look if you like but if I put it on a post I will get banned for advertising. Their membership isn´t unreasonable... and you can top up with more calls as and when you need them so you don´t "waste" any. Easy peasy
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:15 am
Senior Moment

Of course it will take you a bit longer... totally understandable and as long as you are trying people can´t fault you for it but there will always be times when you can´t cope... unless you are fluent.. eg at the garage trying to explain the weird noise your car is making... at the doctor´s telling them about such and such a pain and calling a company who doesn´t have English speaking operators... forget it! Phone calls are the hardest thing to cope with.

Pass the Phone don´t have offices that you can walk in to, they operate totally by phone (hence the name).... I can PM you their website and phone number so that you can have a look if you like but if I put it on a post I will get banned for advertising. Their membership isn´t unreasonable... and you can top up with more calls as and when you need them so you don´t "waste" any. Easy peasy
I don't think you would get banned for advertising as I asked you for the details, but pm me for sure thanks
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:51 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

You can post links to sites if its for people who have asked for help, its just the posting of promotional urls, ie unsolicited, that is not allowed. ;-)
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
You can post links to sites if its for people who have asked for help, its just the posting of promotional urls, ie unsolicited, that is not allowed. ;-)
Thanks for that.

Can I ask you to post a link to this helpline then please? I think it would REALLY help all those who are struggling with the language.. whatever country they are in.. because this company will interpret in any language over the phone and will call companies for you.. Telefónica, a plumber, etc., and even find one in your area for you if necessary.

I think they are a God-send to be honest with you! I might not need them for Spanish but I would not hesitate to use them in any other country. Imagine needing an emergency chemist in a country where you don´t speak the language... and, even if you were lucky enough to find one, try and explain your predicament to them!