Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

denounced in court am i barred from spain?

denounced in court am i barred from spain?

Old Nov 17th 2021, 8:49 am
Just Joined

neil1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default denounced in court am i barred from spain?

Hi looking for an answer to this question

am i barred from Spain

whilst holidaying in Spain last year i ended up in court after an altercation in a bar i was released next day after going to court but left with papers all in Spanish the verdict was denounced for mis treating a family member as no evidence was given in court ,i have google translated this but its a bit sketchy it says guilty no and then my name date of birth and denounced I'm just wondering if i can go back there or i am expelled?

thanks
Old Nov 17th 2021, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: denounced in court am i barred from spain?

Would it not be best to contact the Spanish embassy in the uk before making any travel arrangements. If you are barred at least they should be able to tell you the timescale.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Tried them were no help what so ever
Old Nov 17th 2021, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Email a copy of the document to an English-speaking lawyer in Spain. They should give initial interview/opinion free.
Old Nov 18th 2021, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

You have legal rights to request copy of your file from Spanish ministry of Justice under GDPR.

https://www.mjusticia.gob.es/es/ciud...o-antecedentes
Old Nov 19th 2021, 2:03 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
Email a copy of the document to an English-speaking lawyer in Spain. They should give initial interview/opinion free.
I'd start by showing it to a Spanish friend to have them give it a read as google translate doesn't always make sense. If they still don't know what's up then I'd find a lawyer and have them give it a look.

If you were released the next day and free to roam about then you weren't deported, so I don't think you would have been barred from entering Spain. Especially since that would entail you being banned from the entire Schengen zone altogether, and your passport would probably have received some sort of stamp related to this.
Old Nov 20th 2021, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Thanks I managed to get hold of the lawyer who represented me and she said there was a 're trial in September and due to lack of evidence I got a not guilty so I'm free to travel thank God
Old Nov 21st 2021, 8:44 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil1212
Thanks I managed to get hold of the lawyer who represented me and she said there was a 're trial in September and due to lack of evidence I got a not guilty so I'm free to travel thank God
Good news indeed. Do keep in mind that if you were ever to be deported or barred from re-entering Spain that this would apply to the entire Schengen area. In effect the only EU country you would then be able to travel to would be Ireland... simply because it remains outside the Schengen zone.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Best be a good boy then hey 😄