Denounced

Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Denounced

Patricia glad to hear you are getting legal advice hope all goes well and hope your partners health improves, like Biffta I was wondering why your partner hadn't registered the bike. Hopefully the advice will be to just pay the fine and that ends the matter for you.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patriciaw
Hi Biffta I accept your description of the boy but my partner had a stroke three months ago so is not really able to do much. I am meeting with a solicitor tomorrow so will be much clearer about the way forward.
Hi Patricia. When you pay the fine write next to your name 'Pagado sin perjuicio' Sue G may correct me on this one inc any spelling mistakes, but I believe that this means that you are paying it but not accepting responsibility/liability.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 8:56 am
Just Joined

patriciaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you that is really helpful.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

patriciaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Visited police station today and whilst they were very understanding that I had not reported the bike as stolen at the time of the accident, because of the seriousness of step sons injuries, they said that I was responsible for the vehicle. However they told me that I can arrange to pay the fine in instalments. I continue to try and contact step son to repay me. Thanks everyone for support. Lesson to be learnt think before doing anyone a favour!
Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patriciaw
Visited police station today and whilst they were very understanding that I had not reported the bike as stolen at the time of the accident, because of the seriousness of step sons injuries, they said that I was responsible for the vehicle. However they told me that I can arrange to pay the fine in instalments. I continue to try and contact step son to repay me. Thanks everyone for support. Lesson to be learnt think before doing anyone a favour!
So are you saying that you told the police that your step son stole the bike?

Last edited by billgates; Aug 7th 2012 at 10:55 am. Reason: Step son not son
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates
So are you saying that you told the police that your step son stole the bike?
I wondered that, still not surprisingly the police didn't accept it as no mention of the theft being pursued, I would imagine they would see straight through that one, after all doubt it is the first time someone will have tried that excuse.