Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Demand in Tenerife

Demand in Tenerife

Old Jun 8th 2020, 9:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Demand in Tenerife

Originally Posted by Stan01872
The uk is on its backside. I'm lucky I live in Cornwall but it's getting worse with knife crime, drugs and general loutish behaviour. I've also tried various places in the uk and it's all the same.
It's really not 'all the same'. It's super safe here (Berkshire), we don't even lock our back door most of the time, no crime or anything like that at all. No louts or drugs either, but we're very rural and most days don't see another person, so not surprising we're not bumping in to cocaine dealers in the middle of the fields. Towns/cities are very different, but a safe yob free UK is out there, don't assume it's the same everywhere.

I'm assuming you've checked in to the Canada visa system and know you qualify for one/score enough points on the CRS? If so, that may be more realistic than Tenerife from what others are saying on this thread.

Maybe see you in the Canada forums.
Old Jun 8th 2020, 10:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat033 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your reply. I get that not everywhere is the same. You joke but during lock down the local dealers were using the fields to dela in around us.haha.
luckily painters have been added to the in need job category in Canada and have a few people over there. It's something I'll be looking into but after this experience forums will not be the place for me to do it.
Old Jun 8th 2020, 10:22 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

It's something I'll be looking into but after this experience forums will not be the place for me to do it.
Hi Stan. Not using forums in the future is of course up to you, but I think you'd be depriving yourself of a great deal of real, practical experience. I've had a read of the responses to your initial post and although they may not have been what you were expecting, they're all from people who took the time to give you the benefit of their experiences, warts and all. To my mind that's invaluable for anyone thinking of moving to and working in a foreign country.

Best of luck with your plans.
Old Jun 8th 2020, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
I can think of lots of reasons for wanting out of the UK but I can also think of certain things that you might regret losing such as free at the point of delivery healthcare, social security entitlement, being able to live your life with no language barrier and understanding how the system works.
I have all that and I left the UK in 76,
Old Jun 8th 2020, 10:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply. I get that not everywhere is the same. You joke but during lock down the local dealers were using the fields to dela in around us.haha.
Blimey, that's brazen! Worst we had around here was somebody having a campfire in one of the fields.

luckily painters have been added to the in need job category in Canada and have a few people over there. It's something I'll be looking into but after this experience forums will not be the place for me to do it.
There isn't list of occupations in demand for Canada, not sure where you're reading that? Do only use the official website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html). BE is the best forum around for practical advice on moving abroad, in the Canada immigration forums we're lucky enough to have people who work for CIC, a CBSA officer, and immigration consultants, all of whom give their time and advice for free. So if you want info on visas without having to pay a lawyer for it, do stick around and pop over to the Canada immi section of the forum - https://britishexpats.com/forum/immi...hip-canada-33/

The advice you've been given above seems good to me from people who've 'been there, done that', but if there is any that you think isn't relevant just ignore it, and use the posts that do give you useful info. Think of BE as a pub, you get all sorts here, and you won't get on with everyone but can just ignore those you don't and chat to those you do!

Good luck.
Old Jun 8th 2020, 11:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat033 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh it's not the people or advice. It's a personal experience. Thanks to all for the advice from everyone.
Not sure where I read it either now. I'll contact my friends over there all ready for info.
Old Jun 8th 2020, 11:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Not sure where I read it either now. I'll contact my friends over there all ready for info.
Your friends will be fab for info on life in Canada, climate, cost of living etc, etc. But not for visa info, that changes frequently and depends on your points score (based on things like your age, education level, years of work experience etc), so visa eligibility is individual to each person and whatever visa route they used may not be applicable to you. But use the CIC website for visa info (and I'd still recommend the Canadian immi section of the forum personally!), and you'll soon work out if you are eligible for a visa or not.

Best of luck to you.