Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

decree absolute letter

decree absolute letter

Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

wilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nice
Default decree absolute letter

I recieved a letter from the court. this is what it said,

The marriage between ? &?, be dissolved unless sufficient cause be shown to the court within six weeks from the making thereof why the said decree should not be made absolute, and no such cause having been shown, it is there by certified that the said decree was on the 22nd june 2009, made final and absolute and that the said marriage was there by dissolved, date 22nd June.

I take it that this is my decree absolute. am I correct.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

buenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to all
Default Re: decree absolute letter

Hi wilki,
This is actually your Decree Nisi (could be in small print at the very bottom of the letter). The Decree Absolute will be granted in 6 weeks time "unless sufficient cause be shown to the court within six weeks from the making thereof why the said decree should not be made absolute" and by my reckoning the Decree Absolute will be granted at the beginning of August.
Hope this helps.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 2:13 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It's quite clear to me.

No such cause has been shown within the six weeks. The wording makes it quite clear that the decree is absolute.

"and no such cause having been shown, it is there by certified that the said decree was on the 22nd june 2009, made final and absolute and that the said marriage was there by dissolved, date 22nd Jun
Old Jul 20th 2009, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It's quite clear to me.

No such cause has been shown within the six weeks. The wording makes it quite clear that the decree is absolute.

"and no such cause having been shown, it is there by certified that the said decree was on the 22nd june 2009, made final and absolute and that the said marriage was there by dissolved, date 22nd Jun
Fred is 100% correct as usual

P.S. Don't ever lose that piece of paper as it could be needed for all manners of things. Also may I suggest that you make a note elsewhere of the date of the Decree, the Court where it was issued and also the Court number?

Last edited by SueG; Jul 20th 2009 at 2:52 pm. Reason: Added P.S.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

wilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nice

So buen is incorrect in saying that this is a nisi,
it is in fact the degree absolute which is what I thought,
Old Jul 20th 2009, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wilki
So buen is incorrect in saying that this is a nisi,
it is in fact the degree absolute which is what I thought,
Unfortunately yes