Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Old Mar 11th 2013, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Hi Fred do understand but as I see this the Premium Bonds and the like are registered with the sister of the poster on this site? Therefore and here let us presume in her name but with a tacit agreement with her brother if this comes up trumps the value is mine? Therefore it may or may not be the case that one's holdings in PM's are limited by law thus the need to move them around a bit in the family. I know this happening for a client of mine and whilst I try to dissuade him he continues with the charade.

So again let us presume the sister is resident in the UK so what possibly need is there for her to disclose profits. She lives in the UK the PM's are ostensibly in her own name not the poster on this site. Any profits are her's in her name and subject to the UK fiscal approach not Spain
Old Mar 11th 2013, 6:58 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Porth

So again let us presume the sister is resident in the UK so what possibly need is there for her to disclose profits.
He said they were registered at her address, not in her name. Big difference!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

losviv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fred James
A GMP pension would not be considered an annuity in Spain because you did not have the opportunity to decide whether to invest the money in an annuity or not - it was decided for you.

State pensions or any other company pensions do not seem to be included but if you are concerned about this then you should see a professional advisor rather than rely on information on a forum.
My financial advisor and their Spanish accountancy associates have informed me today that ALL types of annuity must be valued and reported if necessary. These annuities include the GMP (why? it´s an additional state pension) and my S32 buyout company pension annuity. They originally told me a couple of weeks ago that they would not be required!

If that is what is required then so be it, but I will not submit this for at least another few weeks, as the goalposts move constantly!

Can we have an expert on UK annuities to have their say on what is going on here?
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

4857 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, Both are registered in my name but at my sisters address in the Uk.
Any thoughts on whether I should declare or not . I would would rather declare as long as I dont get the big fine.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

You can have UK ISA's as long as you do not add to them once you become resident in Spain.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:56 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4857
You can have UK ISA's as long as you do not add to them once you become resident in Spain.
please tell me more - I thought it wasnt possible to take out an ISA if you weren't resident in the UK

or is this just the sort of fiddle that the HMRC and Hacienda are looking to stop

Old Mar 11th 2013, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I was told by the bank virgin that if you have isa deposits paid in prior to becoming UK none resident then you are permitted to retain them but not add anymore or take out any in future years.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, Both are registered in my name but at my sisters address in the Uk.
Any thoughts on whether I should declare or not . I would would rather declare as long as I dont get the big fine.
Thus it begs the question where are you resident the UK or Spain. Please do not explain there is no need but why your sisters address. Seems that you do not have a UK address of your own?
Old Mar 11th 2013, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

He said they were registered at her address, not in her name. Big difference!
Do understand Fred. But please try to explain why registration takes place at an address that is not in your ownership does it follow leaving the UK for Spain and it has to be registered somewhere? Or surely it must follow the address and which is your centre of economic interest as in Spain.

As I am not going to be part of the Spanish system and will re-establish my centre of economic interest as in the UK or failing that France this posting has some finality for myself.

But interesting but seemingly confusion still reigns supreme.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 8:29 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
please tell me more - I thought it wasnt possible to take out an ISA if you weren't resident in the UK

or is this just the sort of fiddle that the HMRC and Hacienda are looking to stop

Could you not be bothered to read my post?

No you can't take out an ISA or add to an existing one but you are free to keep it when you become non UK resident but it will be taxable in Spain.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 7:53 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Could you not be bothered to read my post?

No you can't take out an ISA or add to an existing one but you are free to keep it when you become non UK resident but it will be taxable in Spain.
hey mister don't get shirty, with 415 posts on here zig zagging around all over the place it is getting a little tired and raggity and confusing

there is nothing wrong with your information, just there is so much flak flying about it is difficult to see the wood for the trees at times
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all your comments. Can anybody advise if ISA'S and Premium Bonds go in the same "pot " on the declaration form?
Also can anybody clarify the fine situation. As I understand it if you declare your overseas assets by April 30 no fine will apply, if you don't declare by then and they find out then you will be fined. Is this correct?
Thanks
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:21 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your comments. Can anybody advise if ISA'S and Premium Bonds go in the same "pot " on the declaration form?
Also can anybody clarify the fine situation. As I understand it if you declare your overseas assets by April 30 no fine will apply, if you don't declare by then and they find out then you will be fined. Is this correct?
Thanks
You MAY be fined - if they can be bothered.

I actually think that they have bigger fish to fry!
Old Mar 12th 2013, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Loco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond repute

I'm essentially a lazy bloke and can't be bothered to plough through 28 pages of this topic so can anyone point me unerringly in the direction of "modelo 720" - i.e. I have scoured the AET web site and have failed to find it.
I would prefer to make my own, on-line declaration, rather than pay our abogado and I presume this is possible if one has digital credentials acceptable to the Hacienda - which I do.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Loco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond repute

Correction - agenciatributaria.es/AEAT website

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.