Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Thank you both I hope it goes as smooth as it has done so far then the Gestion Tributaria site seems to allow me to manage all my household and car taxes online and spread the cost over many combinations of time.
Well not quite but a few blind attempts and I was in (I think I was too quick and saved it to my memory stick without saving to the laptop. However when I put the stick back it all popped up and I was in.) The good news was I appear not to owe anything in the Tributaria collection system at the moment. The Voluntary period starts in July for all council taxes so I guess that is when they will all pop up I can then spread them over the year but not sure how many options it will show then since the monthly seems to start in January.

I also appear to be able to set up various alerts for taxes and voluntary periods ending. Also I can set up notification of traffic offences which could be very useful if I get clocked by a speed camera in say Extramadura on the way back to England and the notification arrives by registered mail in Ayamonte and we are away for the reduction period we would know in time to pay.

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 10:39 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
I haven't got my digital cert. yet so I can't view the form but I want to spend today gathering together all the account information needed on the form 720. I haven't seen here or elsewhere a list of account information required on the form for bank/savings accounts and annuities. Could someone list them here please?
It's all in this document.

http://www.agenciatributaria.es/stat...modelo_720.pdf
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fred James
Thank you Fred.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 1:01 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

just a thought, but considering even Germany appear to want English to be the defacto language.......

how come this form isn't available in any other language than Spanish ?

(sits back waiting to be told it is a Spanish document)
`
Old Feb 24th 2013, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
just a thought, but considering even Germany appear to want English to be the defacto language.......

(sits back waiting to be told it is a Spanish document)
`
So how much would you like the Spanish taxpayer to spend on translating it into 20 different languages?
Old Feb 24th 2013, 4:46 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

It only applies to Spanish people. All expats (of all nationalities) around here are ignoring it, if they know about it, and most of them don't.

Last edited by jimenato; Feb 24th 2013 at 4:50 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 5:15 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
It only applies to Spanish people. All expats (of all nationalities) around here are ignoring it, if they know about it, and most of them don't.
I don´t know if you are joking or not, but I can tell you that the Spanish people I know that have got properties in the UK are not going to declare anything.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 5:28 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
I don´t know if you are joking or not, but I can tell you that the Spanish people I know that have got properties in the UK are not going to declare anything.
Originally Posted by jimenato
It only applies to Spanish people.
That bit was a joke

All expats (of all nationalities) around here are ignoring it, if they know about it, and most of them don't.
That bit wasn't.

Thank God it doesn't apply to me - it all seems very complicated.

Last edited by jimenato; Feb 24th 2013 at 5:30 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 5:08 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
So how much would you like the Spanish taxpayer to spend on translating it into 20 different languages?
whatever is necessary to allow the individual to comply with the law of the land.

if this is a requirement then under the Human Rights/Equal Opportunities and probably a couple more EU Regulations then they should be employing all those who have degrees in languages but are unemployed - instead of retaining those who pull up their shell and hide behind their old Spanish Rules the World attitudes.

the Hacienda website does have English for the easy bits but after that.......

with English being the International Language and the large number of English speakers don't get upset if the form isnt filled in right, or not at all

`
Old Feb 25th 2013, 6:01 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
Good point, however, some regions are spending millions translating documents into local languages all over Spain, a huge amount when taking into consideration the cost of the and installation of the"saida" (exit) signs.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 6:13 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Good point, however, some regions are spending millions translating documents into local languages all over Spain, a huge amount when taking into consideration the cost of the and installation of the"saida" (exit) signs.
in Jávea a team of volunteers translates a lot of things into English, including a facebook page for the mayor!!

https://www.facebook.com/javeamayor....ref=ts&fref=ts

the signs in all official building continue to be in Valenciano ONLY though
Old Feb 25th 2013, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

Spaniards always use google-translate rather than a gen-you-wine foreign devil for translations. Doesn't cost a bean.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 6:21 am
Banned

Originally Posted by lynnxa
in Jávea a team of volunteers translates a lot of things into English, including a facebook page for the mayor!!

https://www.facebook.com/javeamayor....ref=ts&fref=ts

the signs in all official building continue to be in Valenciano ONLY though
In Galicia there is really no need to translate into English because they are few and far between.

I was talking about wasting money translating into local languages that are to comply with local laws, but are a huge drain on the finances.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

whatever is necessary to allow the individual to comply with the law of the land.

if this is a requirement then under the Human Rights/Equal Opportunities and probably a couple more EU Regulations then they should be employing all those who have degrees in languages but are unemployed - instead of retaining those who pull up their shell and hide behind their old Spanish Rules the World attitudes.

the Hacienda website does have English for the easy bits but after that.......

with English being the International Language and the large number of English speakers don't get upset if the form isnt filled in right, or not at all

`
To a certain extent I don't have a significant problem with this, although I do agree it is quite difficult sometimes to comply with a requirement, if its not clear exactly what it is. Generally I get by with my knowledge, and our old friend Google.

However, what does concern me more, is that I received a letter last week from Hacienda asking me to provide evidence of the taxation relief I had claimed under the DTA between the UK and Spain. I can do that, because I just used a P60, which contains all the information.

In the letter it says, as far as the evidence is concerned, I have to provide a sworn translation in Castilian, and that this is a requirement under ley 30/1992 article 35. I had a wander through that, and interestingly it is the right of the citizen (not the state) to correspond in Castilian. However, I do think it ludicrous that I have to translate a P60. I accept that some of the words are english, but the amounts are clearly stated.

However, I thought this was the funniest right of a citizen

f) Not to submit documents not required by the rules governing the procedure in question, or that are already held by the acting administration.

cos its clearly ignored.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 10:24 am
Just Joined

JohnGar is an unknown quantity at this point

Having read an article about this, I wonder if it is widely known about and if anysome/most/all expats have actually declared rental income from properties in the UK.

It seems that after the rental income has been taxed in the UK. it will be taxed again in Spain if I have got it right.
Just been in to my bank, and Spanish assistant knew nothing about this, and could find nothing on hacienda web site. Our gestor said form was Modelo 740, but this appears to deal with death!!! (according to bank man). We have decided to return to UK!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.