Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Old Feb 20th 2013, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

guirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really nice
Default Re: Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I don't think that's possible - we have Santander (UK) shares and they wouldn't do it for us.
Correct, UK dividends come with a tax credit which can be reduced to 15% under the UK/Spain Double Tax Agreement if you are resident in Spain. You would have to notify your broker and complete the tax declaration forms.

Alternatively you could just do nothing and offset the full 20% tax credit against your Spanish tax liability on the dividend.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

normaneddey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that Snickpoh,would an answer be to go HMRC and claim back the tax paid? Then declare it to the Hacienda who have a quite generous allowance of 1,500euros? Still no one picked up on my post about Premium Bonds and what category? do they come under;can Patrick come back and confirm they would come under No.2 (Securities,holdings etc..)
Old Feb 20th 2013, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

normaneddey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks also to Quirijohn,your post came in same time as mine;I'm new to all this Spanish tax thing so bear with me;am I to understand the simplest way is to take the dividends in to your tax person with the tax credit and they would reclaim the tax on your behalf? It all gets very confusing,mind you,it doesn't take much!
Old Feb 20th 2013, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

guirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really nice

Originally Posted by normaneddey
Thanks also to Quirijohn,your post came in same time as mine;I'm new to all this Spanish tax thing so bear with me;am I to understand the simplest way is to take the dividends in to your tax person with the tax credit and they would reclaim the tax on your behalf? It all gets very confusing,mind you,it doesn't take much!
If you fill in your brokerĀ“s form claiming the reduced 15% tax, your broker would pay you the dividend together with 5% tax credit (the full credit is 20%). The remaining 15% cannot be reclaimed but only set off against your Spanish tax on the dividend income. If you have no Spanish tax to pay on the dividends because of allowances you lose the remaining tax credit.

For a small amount of dividends it may not be worth the hassle.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Originally Posted by Fred James
Use Chrome as your browser. I did one for someone this morning with no problems.
Right Fred and Mitzy I need your help. To access the Gestion Tributeria (GT) site for any useful purpose you need to have your key so following this thread and already having Chrome I followed the link and down loaded my number 9 digits last night.

This morning I went along to the GT office which is a designated place for the Mint Key. Gave them my green residence cert and the 9 digit No. a few keystroke and he printed out 3 pages which we both had to sign and gave me one copy. It will be active in 24hrs he said.

What will be, what do I do next tomorrow, do I just use the 9 digit no to access sites. I thought I had to download something to my laptop and also save on a memory stick and my PC back in UK.

What do I do tomorrow after about 11.00 to use my digital signature?
Old Feb 21st 2013, 8:34 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You go back to the Ceres site that you downloaded the code from and download the certificate. To do that you key in your NIE and the original code and the certificate will be downloaded to the PC. All you will see is a little message at the top of the page confirming that you have downloaded the certificate.

When you access a site that uses the certificate a popup box will appear with your name in it and you click on that to confirm your identity.

You can export the certificate via a USB stick to another PC.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 8:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

What he said
Old Feb 21st 2013, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

You go back to the Ceres site that you downloaded the code from and download the certificate. To do that you key in your NIE and the original code and the certificate will be downloaded to the PC. All you will see is a little message at the top of the page confirming that you have downloaded the certificate.

When you access a site that uses the certificate a popup box will appear with your name in it and you click on that to confirm your identity.

You can export the certificate via a USB stick to another PC.
Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
What he said
Thank you both I hope it goes as smooth as it has done so far then the Gestion Tributaria site seems to allow me to manage all my household and car taxes online and spread the cost over many combinations of time.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone for your help. I downloaded Chrome but I also disbled firefox as it kept stopping me from proceedingxxxx
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

My Modelo 720 still won't go through - procesando, procesando ....

Quick question, my offshore account is in sterling, but there is nowhere on the form to enter the currency, it is assumed to be euros (doh!) Should I just use the current exchange rate?
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:16 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca

Quick question, my offshore account is in sterling, but there is nowhere on the form to enter the currency, it is assumed to be euros (doh!) Should I just use the current exchange rate?
I believe the notes state that you have to use the exchange rate as at 31/12/2012
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:23 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You convert it at the rate on 31 December which was 1.22
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

You convert it at the rate on 31 December which was 1.22
Thanks both!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
There seem to have been some changes to the program. I cannot now reload my saved data.

Perhaps you should try again from scratch, possibly in another browser, assuming your certificate will work with it.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

I haven't got my digital cert. yet so I can't view the form but I want to spend today gathering together all the account information needed on the form 720. I haven't seen here or elsewhere a list of account information required on the form for bank/savings accounts and annuities. Could someone list them here please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.