Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

decided to go back to England...recommendations for removals ?

decided to go back to England...recommendations for removals ?

Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:45 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: decided to go back to England...recommendations for removals ?

Originally Posted by ptspower
i am moving out here and will be traveling back with empty van i could help
are you as green as a cabage.take my tv back Ill give you a couple of grand.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Duchess is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck with your intended move,

You may wish to try Worldwide removals, they cover mainland Spain & the Canaries.

I cannot speak highly enough of them, service & prices are good.

Their details are here

Hope this helps
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:29 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

To your original question, I have now twice used Wotton (google and ye shall find fairly easily) to transport UK to Spain. They do runs to/from Spain frequently according to demand, I have found them very reliable and would not hesitate in recommending them.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
well after nearly 6 years in Spain we finally decided 2 weeks ago to move back to the UK - thats me, hubby and our 12 year old son

Having a choice has made the decision VERY difficult, we started a business from scratch here which has been very successful, our son has settled and integrated well and speaks both languages
What about the business?
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
40 fts went out with the ark.they still want to pay you less than that round trip

So what is the going rate for a 12,12 meter or what ever artic ,say Birmingham to say Malaga? I may need to bring some machinery over in the next few months and would be interested in "the going rate"

Rgds

Rotor
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:43 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
So what is the going rate for a 12,12 meter or what ever artic ,say Birmingham to say Malaga? I may need to bring some machinery over in the next few months and would be interested in "the going rate"

Rgds

Rotor
I dont know what a haulage firm would charge you.but speaking to my mate the last time he was over he said they still wanted to pay not mutch more than the old rates.its supply and demand.say you were a spanish truck and you got a good rate to uk but you were strugling to get a load back you would get only a back load peanut rate.say you were english and had nothing to come back from spain you would only go out for a good rate.but if you had a good rate load to pick up in spain.then you go out for a crapy rate.if your the middle man.you pay a round trip rate that is basicly crap.pay the ferry and pay istantly on clean CMR,s and get every one hooked who needs a cash flow.but if not mutch is comming from the malaga region then you may have to pay a good rate.the old 40 fts were 24 pallets you are now and have been for ages 26 pallets
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:59 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
I dont know what a haulage firm would charge you.but speaking to my mate the last time he was over he said they still wanted to pay not mutch more than the old rates.its supply and demand.say you were a spanish truck and you got a good rate to uk but you were strugling to get a load back you would get only a back load peanut rate.say you were english and had nothing to come back from spain you would only go out for a good rate.but if you had a good rate load to pick up in spain.then you go out for a crapy rate.if your the middle man.you pay a round trip rate that is basicly crap.pay the ferry and pay istantly on clean CMR,s and get every one hooked who needs a cash flow.but if not mutch is comming from the malaga region then you may have to pay a good rate.the old 40 fts were 24 pallets you are now and have been for ages 26 pallets
Sounds like your mate was an owner driver.
Many Brit hauliers used to go out with groupage to Barcelona or Madrid and come back with fruit.
A lot of the UK haulage business perished when the likes of Willy Bets (who is now in prison) flooded the UK with cheap haulage and the UK government neglected to charge them a fee for using UK roads, unlike us Brit boys who got charged a daily rate for being, for instance, in Holland.

Rotor, you probably need a groupage operator unless your machinery would use 13.6 meters of a trailer. If you need a quote let me know and I will pm you a Birmingham part load Spanish operator who can give you a quote
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Sounds like your mate was an owner driver.
Many Brit hauliers used to go out with groupage to Barcelona or Madrid and come back with fruit.
A lot of the UK haulage business perished when the likes of Willy Bets (who is now in prison) flooded the UK with cheap haulage and the UK government neglected to charge them a fee for using UK roads, unlike us Brit boys who got charged a daily rate for being, for instance, in Holland.

Rotor, you probably need a groupage operator unless your machinery would use 13.6 meters of a trailer. If you need a quote let me know and I will pm you a Birmingham part load Spanish operator who can give you a quote
no he has a fleet small fleet.but some steady contracts for 3 of his trucks that gives him the cash flow for the rest.although the rates are less he is paid quick.I have seen some brits going back to uk from valencia with oranges.diesel and ferry only when the loads were a bit thin on the ground so it wasnt just betz.so zona franca and coslada.T forms in then on the piss half day friday.all day and night saturday.all day and night sunday. clear and tip monday.blast to valencia on the piss for a couple of days usualy.then one hit to uk or some other country.they were the days