Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Decent hotel within walking distance of Gibraltar.

Decent hotel within walking distance of Gibraltar.

Old Mar 1st 2013, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Manclass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Decent hotel within walking distance of Gibraltar.

Does anybody know of a decent hotel in La Linea. I live in Spain and I want to go to Gibraltar for the day to do some shopping.

I ideally would like an overnight stay, but the find the hotels in Gibraltar too expensive, I wouldn't mind staying in La Linea so that I could leave my car in the hotel car park and walk across the border, by doing this I think I can get a better quality hotel for less cost and also avoid queuing with the car to cross the border and trying to find somewhere to park once across. Another alternative would be to have a hotel a bit further away from the border , if I were to do this does anybody know if there is any parking facilities on the Spanish side .
Old Mar 1st 2013, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decent hotel within walking distance of Gibraltar.

If you do a search on Bookings.com you will get a list of hotels in the area.

I put in March the 20th just for a trial.

http://www.booking.com/searchresults...79853161130113

The first one that come up in Spain the Asur Hotel Campo De Gibraltar is the closest to Gib 600 mtrs to the frontier, is fairly new and looks OK from the outside.
However I have never been inside.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decent hotel within walking distance of Gibraltar.

Try www.hotels.com and type in La Linea