Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A Decent Cup of Coffee

A Decent Cup of Coffee

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Decent Cup of Coffee

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Years ago the spanish always used those tins of carnation milk for their coffee. I think that is what started me drinking black coffee
Cafe BonBon, its a delicacy in our local bar, black coffee and then a big dollop of condensed milk allowed to drop off the spoon and sink to the bottom of the glass cup.

Delicious especially with added sugar
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 1:42 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Cafe BonBon, its a delicacy in our local bar, black coffee and then a big dollop of condensed milk allowed to drop off the spoon and sink to the bottom of the glass cup.

Doh! Thats what I meant, forgot what they called it
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
We haven't joined this debate since we think that personal taste is just that personal. However I did treat myself to a rather nice grind and brew machine and a coffee frother for Christmas because I think its the fresh grind that gives it the taste. The frother recommends full milk and I buy a box of UHT for just that purpose. Got to have fresh on the corn flakes.

Kath likes the Dowe Egberts decaf freeze dried granules and I don't blame her when I have spent 1/2 an hour cleaning my new pride and joy!
OOps, Sorry I mixed up. Thought it was you guys who asked the question
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:13 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
That is how a perculator works
As Bil says, a cafeteria works by putting coffee in the jug, almost filling with water, putting the plunger lid on, waiting a while then pushing the plunger with the strainer on it down to force the coffee grounds to the bottom of the jug before pouring out.
Well, for me it's the simplest way to make good coffee. Maybe not the best coffee in the world, but certainly not the worst.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:22 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Well, for me it's the simplest way to make good coffee. Maybe not the best coffee in the world, but certainly not the worst.
That`s the way we do it now, I am fed up with the mrs keep breaking the machine ones, she`s too bloody strong.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

friar tuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Add a generous splash of brandy and you call it a Belmonte. This is a little too sweet for me . I prefer the Carrajillo - strong small black coffee with brandy
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by friar tuck
Add a generous splash of brandy and you call it a Belmonte. This is a little too sweet for me . I prefer the Carrajillo - strong small black coffee with brandy
Ohhhhhh Yesssss!
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute

Barraquito (not sure of the spelling) in bars in Tenerife. Condensed milk, quarenta y tres, strong black coffee and frothy milk in layers.

Can you get this in mainland Spain?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:40 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I remember now, there always seemed to be a debate between coffee drinkers as to whether they wanted it con leche caliente or con leche templado...in fact there may have been a 3rd option

As to whether you wanted it in a cup or a glass....

In summer - cafe con hielo - fantastic!
with or without lemon?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 8:25 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

now if you want a good tasty cup of coffe try it with fresh goats milk.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
now if you want a good tasty cup of coffe try it with fresh goats milk.
Goats milk and cheese stinks like billy goats
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rotor
Goats milk and cheese stinks like billy goats
I used to think I hated goats cheese. But having tried a few really good ones recently, I'm a convert. My favourite at the moment is a round one they sell in packs of 2 in Mercadonna at the moment for about 2euros 15. It tastes like a smooth smooth creamy Stilton even though it has no 'blue' bits.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all, first post so be gentle with me.

To be honest coffee is a bit hit and miss wherever you go, that said I found German coffee very good and Cypriot coffee superb when I lived there.

Since retiring I've decided not to move full time but rather rent a place for a week or three or four then come back to the UK before going off somewhere new; to help I take a stainless steel coffee press/cafetiarre and a pack of coffee with me (off Amazon for about £15 I think) as I like my coffee very strong (Greek/Turkish style). In my travel 'survival kit' is my coffee press, can opener, small but very sharp kitchen knife and a couple of jars of Patak curry paste
Old Feb 4th 2011, 8:39 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I am a bit of a coffee addict.... and without a single doubt, the finest coffee I have ever had is in Austria, they buy the best 10% of the worlds coffee after Japan (they but for investment not consumption). The worse? America.... sludge at best.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bob_bob
Morning all, first post so be gentle with me.

To be honest coffee is a bit hit and miss wherever you go, that said I found German coffee very good and Cypriot coffee superb when I lived there.

Since retiring I've decided not to move full time but rather rent a place for a week or three or four then come back to the UK before going off somewhere new; to help I take a stainless steel coffee press/cafetiarre and a pack of coffee with me (off Amazon for about £15 I think) as I like my coffee very strong (Greek/Turkish style). In my travel 'survival kit' is my coffee press, can opener, small but very sharp kitchen knife and a couple of jars of Patak curry paste
You put curry paste in your coffee?

Just kidding, I know what you really mean.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.