Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

De-registering Spanish car from outside Spain

De-registering Spanish car from outside Spain

Old Oct 19th 2019, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

rickster000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default De-registering Spanish car from outside Spain

DGT generally advise that you need to make an appointment to do anything. Has anyone ever done business with them online or by post or email?

Specifically looking at de-registering from outside of the country in order to sell (in that country). Seems a bit much to have to go back for an appointment.

Old Oct 19th 2019, 4:03 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: De-registering Spanish car from outside Spain

I have sold three cars in Spain, all in Alicante region. I did not make an appointment with anyone. Just gave the buyer a signed receipt & relevant documentation and he re-registered in his name. Perhaps there is a new system or different regions have different rules?
Old Oct 19th 2019, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by missile
I have sold three cars in Spain, all in Alicante region. I did not make an appointment with anyone. Just gave the buyer a signed receipt & relevant documentation and he re-registered in his name. Perhaps there is a new system or different regions have different rules?
Interesting.

From what I see, the official site suggests things are more complicated than that. http://www.dgt.es/Galerias/hojas-inf...ehiculo_EN.pdf

Thanks for the info.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rickster000
DGT generally advise that you need to make an appointment to do anything. Has anyone ever done business with them online or by post or email?

Specifically looking at de-registering from outside of the country in order to sell (in that country). Seems a bit much to have to go back for an appointment.
I did this a couple of years ago and managed all with a phone call to the DGT, guided to the right form, paid the fee and emailed the form to the DGT.
The form is here : https://citatrafico.es/wp-content/up...DGT-Mod.01.pdf

You need to contact the DGT in the region where the car is registered.

I did and got the following reply :
Puede enviar toda la documentación por correo postal a Jefatura Provincial de Tráfico de Málaga (incluyendo el comprobante de ingreso de la tasa), a Calle Max Estrella, 12, 29006, Málaga; o bien remitirla escaneada a esta dirección de email desde la que le estoy informando.

My email content :

Adjunto los documentos solicitados :
  1. Solicitud de la Baja
  2. Justificante del pago de la tasa
  3. Documento de identidad, NIE y una página del pasaporte
  4. Tarjeta de ITV
  5. Permiso de Circulación

Last edited by Loafing Along; Oct 19th 2019 at 5:16 pm. Reason: Additional Comment
Old Oct 19th 2019, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
I did this a couple of years ago and managed all with a phone call to the DGT, guided to the right form, paid the fee and emailed the form to the DGT.
The form is here : https://citatrafico.es/wp-content/up...DGT-Mod.01.pdf

You need to contact the DGT in the region where the car is registered.

I did and got the following reply :
Puede enviar toda la documentación por correo postal a Jefatura Provincial de Tráfico de Málaga (incluyendo el comprobante de ingreso de la tasa), a Calle Max Estrella, 12, 29006, Málaga; o bien remitirla escaneada a esta dirección de email desde la que le estoy informando.

My email content :

Adjunto los documentos solicitados :
  1. Solicitud de la Baja
  2. Justificante del pago de la tasa
  3. Documento de identidad, NIE y una página del pasaporte
  4. Tarjeta de ITV
  5. Permiso de Circulación
Excellent. This sounds like what I need.

Just to clarify, this was you de-registering your Spanish registered car outside Spain, I assume to sell?
If so, did you have to do anything with the plates, or is that up to the buyer?
Old Oct 19th 2019, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent. This sounds like what I need.

Just to clarify, this was you de-registering your Spanish registered car outside Spain, I assume to sell?
If so, did you have to do anything with the plates, or is that up to the buyer?
Actually re-registered it in Portugal so just disposed of the plates at the workshop that fitted the new Portuguese ones.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Actually re-registered it in Portugal so just disposed of the plates at the workshop that fitted the new Portuguese ones.
Great. Sounds like it would be the buyers job.

How long did they take to de-register it?

I would be using the Malaga office for this, is it possible you can give me the email address you used, I think it would be the same one for me.

Last edited by rickster000; Oct 19th 2019 at 6:29 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Great. Sounds like it would be the buyers job.

I would be using the Malaga office for this, is it possible you can give me the email address you used, I think it would be the same one for me.
I emailed :
Cl. Max Estrella, 12
29.071 - Málaga
Tel.: + 34 952 04 16 37
E-mail: [email protected]

Correo de Vehiculos de la Jefatura Provincial de Trafico de Malaga [[email protected]]

Account to pay the fee :
Si ya no vive en España, le facilito un número de cuenta para que pueda hacer el ingreso de la tasa del trámite:

C.C.C.: 2100 5731 7602 0020 4028

IBAN: ES29 2100 5731 7602 0020 4028

SWIFT: CAIXESBBXXX

No olvide poner el número de la matrícula y el número de DNI o NIE en el campo Observaciones

Old Oct 19th 2019, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

I emailed :
Cl. Max Estrella, 12
29.071 - Málaga
Tel.: + 34 952 04 16 37
E-mail: [email protected]

Correo de Vehiculos de la Jefatura Provincial de Trafico de Malaga [[email][email protected]]

Account to pay the fee :
Si ya no vive en España, le facilito un número de cuenta para que pueda hacer el ingreso de la tasa del trámite:

C.C.C.: 2100 5731 7602 0020 4028

IBAN: ES29 2100 5731 7602 0020 4028

SWIFT: CAIXESBBXXX

No olvide poner el número de la matrícula y el número de DNI o NIE en el campo Observaciones
Thanks a lot.

One final question - How long did they take to confirm de-registration?
Old Oct 19th 2019, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks a lot.

One final question - How long did they take to confirm de-registration?
Almost immediately
Old Oct 19th 2019, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Almost immediately
Good stuff.

Thanks a lot for you help. Much appreciated.
Old Oct 20th 2019, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

In a similar vein I've agreed to sell a car to a buyer in France, what is the procedure for de-registering in Spain?

No advice required for registering in France.
Old Oct 20th 2019, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
In a similar vein I've agreed to sell a car to a buyer in France, what is the procedure for de-registering in Spain?

No advice required for registering in France.

http://www.dgt.es/Galerias/hojas-inf...ro-pais_EN.pdf