Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

De-registering Spanish Car!

De-registering Spanish Car!

Old Apr 26th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute
Default De-registering Spanish Car!

Top of the morning to you!

Just to bore you senseless again on the topic of my car.... SORRY!

I am re-registering (importing) onto Irish plates. Do I have to let the Spanish tax people or Traffico know that I have done this? Otherwise I am sure they will send me a tax notice.

If I do, How do I do it?

Ta xxx
Old Apr 26th 2008, 12:33 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: De-registering Spanish Car!

There is information here about the process:-

http://www.dgt.es/was6/portal/conten...eftraslado.pdf

The form can be downloaded here:-

http://www.dgt.es/was6/portal/conten...Castellano.pdf
Old Apr 26th 2008, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
There is information here about the process:-

http://www.dgt.es/was6/portal/conten...eftraslado.pdf

The form can be downloaded here:-

http://www.dgt.es/was6/portal/conten...Castellano.pdf
Thanks Fred. Do you know where I have to send it to?
Old Apr 26th 2008, 3:22 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You will need to take it to your local Trafico office and pay the fee etc. or get a Gestor to do it for you.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fred James
You will need to take it to your local Trafico office and pay the fee etc. or get a Gestor to do it for you.
Thanks Fred.

Seeing as though I am in Ireland, I assume I can send it by post and enclose a Spanish Bank cheque?
Old Apr 27th 2008, 5:18 pm

Probably not. The Spanish don't do cheques. Usually you have to get a form to pay the tax, take it to a bank and pay it and take the receipted form back to the office.

I'm not saying it can't be done but I would check with Trafico by phone before you send off the cheque.